unknown wires

ryptoryx

there are no ports for these wires on the motherboard. the first one is a wire from the rbg cooler. the second one is from the rbg fan hub. is there some sort of adapter i need?

motherboardhelp1.jpg

motherboardhelp2.jpg

The top one (white) looks like an RGB cable of some kind. Check the manual that came with the fan/controller as there are different types of RGB headers, and check your motherboard manual to see if it has the corresponding header.

This will be so you can control the RGB colours on the cooler in software.

The bottom image (black) is a SATA power connector. You will plug that in to one of the SATA power cables coming from your computers power supply.

This will be to provide power to the fan hub.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

The top one (white) looks like an RGB cable of some kind. Check the manual that came with the fan/controller as there are different types of RGB headers, and check your motherboard manual to see if it has the corresponding header.

The bottom image (black) is a SATA power connector. You will plug that in to one of the SATA power cables coming from your computers power supply.

do i only need to plug in one rgb header? the cooler has one out header and one in header

2 minutes ago, ryptoryx said:

do i only need to plug in one rgb header? the cooler has one out header and one in header

The out header is for plugging another RGB device into it so it can be controlled by the same port as well.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

4 minutes ago, ryptoryx said:

I edited my post with more information. The white one will be so your motherboard can send signals to the RGB cooler to allow you to change the RGB colours from software, allowing you to set whatever colours and patterns you want.

The black SATA power cable just provides power to the fan hub so that the fans can spin and light up. If it is an RGB fan controller/hub then it probably also has an RGB cable like the white one.

You need the black connector (bottom image) to provide power to all the fans plugged in to the fan hub. You can still use the fan hub without the RGB connector plugged in to the motherbaord (if it has one) but you won't be able to control the colours of the lights.

What model fan hub do you have and what model CPU cooler is it?

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

22 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I edited my post with more information. The white one will be so your motherboard can send signals to the RGB cooler to allow you to change the RGB colours from software, allowing you to set whatever colours and patterns you want.

The black SATA power cable just provides power to the fan hub so that the fans can spin and light up. If it is an RGB fan controller/hub then it probably also has an RGB cable like the white one.

You need the black connector (bottom image) to provide power to all the fans plugged in to the fan hub. You can still use the fan hub without the RGB connector plugged in to the motherbaord (if it has one) but you won't be able to control the colours of the lights.

What model fan hub do you have and what model CPU cooler is it?

cooler: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YFWLRXG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
rgb hub/fan: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08LKFBMNL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 minute ago, ryptoryx said:

The RGB fan hub has a diagram on the amazon page which shows how it is plugged in. The Power Cable plugs in to the power supply, should be pretty obvious as there's only one type of connector on the power supply cables that will fit that connector (SATA power, the same one that you plug in to HDDs)

The ARGB SYNC cable needs to plug in to a header on your motherboard. It needs to be the right type of header though, so check your manual for the right header!

Which model motherboard do you have by the way? If we can pull up a photo of the same motherboard we might be able to highlight where you need to plug the cables.

image.thumb.png.6ec1725d5bc1701c90c1ef28edcfb7fa.png

image.png.8999bb69e0daf59c8a1ad5befd8da8dd.png

why does it have pins...?

not too familiar with RGB stuff but if it has pins it shouldnt go onto the motherboard...?

which cable is this exactly?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

21 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The RGB fan hub has a diagram on the amazon page which shows how it is plugged in. The Power Cable plugs in to the power supply, should be pretty obvious as there's only one type of connector on the power supply cables that will fit that connector (SATA power, the same one that you plug in to HDDs)

The ARGB SYNC cable needs to plug in to a header on your motherboard. It needs to be the right type of header though, so check your manual for the right header!

Which model motherboard do you have by the way? If we can pull up a photo of the same motherboard we might be able to highlight where you need to plug the cables.

image.thumb.png.6ec1725d5bc1701c90c1ef28edcfb7fa.png

MOTHERBOARD: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08BCR4ZRS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

image.png.8999bb69e0daf59c8a1ad5befd8da8dd.png

why does it have pins...?

not too familiar with RGB stuff but if it has pins it shouldnt go onto the motherboard...?

which cable is this exactly?

That would be the daisy-chain cable to add more fans/devices into same series.

Also, thats ARGB (3pin-5V), and looks to be "standard".

-> Moved to Cooling

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv