Click Automation Program

Hi. I'm looking for safe click automation software. 

All macro/automation software is inherently a keylogger as it needs to record the keystrokes to repeat them. 

Obviously, downloading a keylogger is generally not advisable and sets off some red flags that you need to find a seriously reputable software.

I was looking at TinyTask but as I understand it was discontinued and the official site is down.

There's no source code or checksum that I can find and I see hundreds of sketchy sites claiming to be official and offering downloads.

So, really just looking for something that can record a set of clicks then repeat that pattern. Ideally at varying speeds as input by user. 

I would like something that is open source which has been audited numerous times. 

A GUI would be preferred so I don't have to write scripts and I can just use the program immediately without any major set-up. 

Thanks for Any Help You Can Provide 

1 minute ago, tkitch said:

AutoHotKey is script based

Yeah I did see AutoHotKey last night before I went to bed. Didn't have much time to dig into it. 

I guess I'll look back at that. Hopefully I can find a premade profile? Do you know if it will generate a script from my inputs by default?

Thanks

I don't believe it'll make a script like that, but I could be wrong.  

Just now, SomeOtherGuy said:

Do you know if it will generate a script from my inputs by default?

No, you need to write the script manually.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 minutes ago, SomeOtherGuy said:

Yeah I did see AutoHotKey last night before I went to bed. Didn't have much time to dig into it. 

I guess I'll look back at that. Hopefully I can find a premade profile? Do you know if it will generate a script from my inputs by default?

Thanks

Use Pulover's Macro Creator from https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=143 to learn the basics of AutoHotKey. The application is open source.

If you're willing to learn how to write in AutoHotKey, you may benefit from this thread I contributed in a few months ago:

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

19 hours ago, PorkishPig said:

Use Pulover's Macro Creator from https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=143 to learn the basics of AutoHotKey. The application is open source.

Agreed on this. Pulover's Macro Creator also can export to AHK directly, so you can use it to record the script, edit in Notepad to remove any extra stuff, and run it with AHK.

Also, with gaming-grade mouse and keyboard you usually have software with macro support.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Pulover's Macro Creator looks good and I'm going to try it out....

Still get sketched out by it. Key automation is niche enough that there's not a lot of large, well known programs. I don't have the expertise to validate the safety of these programs and they are defacto key loggers. All it would need to do to completely compromise a system is to send those key strokes over internet periodically which could happen in a second without showing many signs unless monitored.

IDK, is there a way to disallow internet access to a particular application? 

Looking at his github I see the name "Rodolfo U. Batista" but I don't find any linkedin or other public profiles that assures me of his reputation.

There is this YouTube video where he appears in person to talk about his program, seems trustable enough. 

Still the github has several contributors, one individual with commit access could compromise it. 

I'm fully aware It's more than likely safe, I'm being unreasonably cautious. I had an issue with a MMORPG bot circa 2009 that ended up being malicious so I really don't want to go through that again, especially on a business machine. 

One other question. Would AutoHotKey/Pulover get detected for anti-cheat in games? Though I'm not playing any games now, would suck to go back for WOW Burning Crusade Classic and get hit with a suspension or ban for running in background. I'll definitely search this stuff myself, just posting my thoughts. 

Thanks for the lead on Pulover.

EDIT: 

Going to use this article to set an outbound rule for Pulover once I download just to be on safe side. 

https://www.howtogeek.com/227093/how-to-block-an-application-from-accessing-the-internet-with-windows-firewall/

EDIT Again: 

Using Pulover now, if anybody stumbles on this thread in the future trying to troubleshoot make sure you go to settings and change defaults for mouse coordinates from window to screen. By default it uses window coordinates not your whole screen which causes it to run wonky. Got the outbound blocking connection, trying to perform update check results in error. So, hopefully this is safe and working as desired.

https://github.com/Pulover 

21 hours ago, SomeOtherGuy said:

Still get sketched out by it. Key automation is niche enough that there's not a lot of large, well known programs. I don't have the expertise to validate the safety of these programs and they are defacto key loggers. All it would need to do to completely compromise a system is to send those key strokes over internet periodically which could happen in a second without showing many signs unless monitored.

You seem to be misunderstanding how key macros work and where they are supposed to be used. Overall you shouldn't ever automate those actions which are critical for security. Like logins and passwords. Not with macros at least.

Marco is keylogger, yes. You log the keys once and then execute them over and over again. In order for keyloggers to be actual malicious value, you would either need to enter sequences that represent Login details. Or have another software logging the software or website you are on. Executing macro doesn't do this by default. Only if you so choose.

So putting macro software to same box with malicious software is bit ridiculous imo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

You seem to be misunderstanding how key macros work and where they are supposed to be used. Overall you shouldn't ever automate those actions which are critical for security. Like logins and passwords. Not with macros at least.

Marco is keylogger, yes. You log the keys once and then execute them over and over again. In order for keyloggers to be actual malicious value, you would either need to enter sequences that represent Login details. Or have another software logging the software or website you are on. Executing macro doesn't do this by default. Only if you so choose.

So putting macro software to same box with malicious software is bit ridiculous imo.

I suppose so, but no way to know that the macro software is recording or not on back end.... I guess. 

I'm running it now. I have a new feature I'm trying to get up. 

Anybody know a way to get a second cursor running so I could have click macros running on 1 cursor while using the second cursor on another screen, unaffected by the macro?

So screen 1 = Click Macro running using cursor 1.

Screen 2 = normal functioning PC with controllable cursor 2 not affected by macro.

A precursory search turned up https://www.mousemux.com/ which allows multiple mice and keyboards per computer however I still haven't read up on it much.

Will research and post back with what I find... anybody have any experience using dual cursors with click macros?