New forum member from Australia!

Faz592

HI guys, 

Been watching the Youtube channel for a while now, and have finally bought my first budget gaming rig.

My name is Ryan and i'm 21 from Australia. I am a diesel mechanic and have not had much experience building computers or anything like this really.

This is what it will be (should be delivered in the coming days)

- Corsair Graphite 230T Case Black 

- ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer Motherboard 

- AMD A8 6600K 4-Core Processor

- Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X OC 3GB 
- Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
- Corsair CS750M Modular 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
- Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD
- Western Digital WD Green 1TB 
- 3x Toshiba 500GB HDD
- Samsung SH-224DB 24x DVDRW OEM
- 8x Astrotek SATA III Cable Red Nylon 30cm
- Xbox 360 Black Wired Controller for Windows

Monitor is a 50" Samsung smart TV, and wireless Logitech keyboard/mouse.

The 3 toshiba hdds weren't in the plans but they were found in a cupboard at work, brand new and were going to the bin, so i took them for some raid 0 storage, can never have too much i suppose.

In the future i plan on watercooling the CPU with a Corsair Hydro Series 140mm CPU Cooler, and getting another set of the Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB. 

-Ryan

Corsair Graphite 230T Case , AMD A8 6600K 4-Core Processor cooled by a CoolerMaster Hyper 212X CPU Cooler, MSI A88X G45 Gaming Motherboard, Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB 2133Mhz, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X OC 3GB, Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD + Western Digital WD Green 1TB + 3x Toshiba 500GB HDD, Corsair CS750M Modular PSU,all cooled with 4 Case fans, Displayed in 1080p on a 50" Samsung LED Smart TV

Thanks guys

a 280x and a 6600k is a bit uh..disproportional 

please elaborate? my step brother seems to know what hes doing and helped me come up with this setup, i told him that i want it to be fast as possible on a budget and can handle games like titanfall and bf4

Corsair Graphite 230T Case , AMD A8 6600K 4-Core Processor cooled by a CoolerMaster Hyper 212X CPU Cooler, MSI A88X G45 Gaming Motherboard, Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB 2133Mhz, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X OC 3GB, Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD + Western Digital WD Green 1TB + 3x Toshiba 500GB HDD, Corsair CS750M Modular PSU,all cooled with 4 Case fans, Displayed in 1080p on a 50" Samsung LED Smart TV

Thanks guys

a 280x and a 6600k is a bit uh..disproportional 

please elaborate? my step brother seems to know what hes doing and helped me come up with this setup, i told him that i want it to be fast as possible on a budget and can handle games like titanfall and bf4

It's just not exactly balanced, so to speak.

Welcome, Australia person. I live in that country to, what a coincidence. You can put your specs in your sig if you want.  And have fun on these lovely forums  :D

Also dont write in black please, a lot of people use the dark theme

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Monitor is a 50" TV are you planning to do gaming on it if so it's a little big. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It's just not exactly balanced, so to speak.

OK, i may upgrade the gpu if im not happy with it in a few months,at the same time i get the cpu cooler and more ram, i do a fair bit of downloads and moving files to externals so thats why we went with the big cpu i was told lol

Monitor is a 50" TV are you planning to do gaming on it if so it's a little big. 

played bf4 on a 60" and it was the best ive ever played haha, and my bo2 on xbox has improved after getting this tv, set up is in the lounge room

played bf4 on a 60" and it was the best ive ever played haha, and my bo2 on xbox has improved after getting this tv, set up is in the lounge room

Well you actually have to move your eyes more, and its harder to snipe when people are tiny. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

OK, i may upgrade the gpu if im not happy with it in a few months,at the same time i get the cpu cooler and more ram, i do a fair bit of downloads and moving files to externals so thats why we went with the big cpu i was told lol

The CPU will hold you back, most likely, not the GPU.

Error: 410

Welcome to the forum!

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Nice rig. Welcome to the forum. @Geekazoid will like to meet you.

Haha, well then. Might I just? Yeah, of course I would. :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

HI guys, 

Been watching the Youtube channel for a while now, and have finally bought my first budget gaming rig.

My name is Ryan and i'm 21 from Australia. I am a diesel mechanic and have not had much experience building computers or anything like this really.

This is what it will be (should be delivered in the coming days)

- Corsair Graphite 230T Case Black 

- ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer Motherboard 

- AMD A8 6600K 4-Core Processor

- Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X OC 3GB 

- Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

- Corsair CS750M Modular 80 Plus Gold Power Supply

- Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD

- Western Digital WD Green 1TB 

- 3x Toshiba 500GB HDD

- Samsung SH-224DB 24x DVDRW OEM

- 8x Astrotek SATA III Cable Red Nylon 30cm

- Xbox 360 Black Wired Controller for Windows

Monitor is a 50" Samsung smart TV, and wireless Logitech keyboard/mouse.

The 3 toshiba hdds weren't in the plans but they were found in a cupboard at work, brand new and were going to the bin, so i took them for some raid 0 storage, can never have too much i suppose.

In the future i plan on watercooling the CPU with a Corsair Hydro Series 140mm CPU Cooler, and getting another set of the Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB. 

-Ryan

Hi there mate, Welcome to the forums. Tis good to have another Aussie on these forums. We still need a few more Aussies so that we can take over this forum (:P Joking). Okay, onto the important stuff. That build does sound rather unbalanced. I would've personally gone with something like the Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 like I'm going to do (see my sig for my build) or even the i5 4670K if you're on a real tight budget. I then would pair that with a AMD Radeon 280X or a NVIDIA GTX 770. I think that would make a great, well balanced build.

Might I ask what your budget is? This can help others put together a decent build for your budget. At the moment, with that build, it looks as though you may have a bit of bottlenecking going on but I could be wrong about this. :D

Hi there mate, Welcome to the forums. Tis good to have another Aussie on these forums. We still need a few more Aussies so that we can take over this forum ( :P Joking). Okay, onto the important stuff. That build does sound rather unbalanced. I would've personally gone with something like the Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 like I'm going to do (see my sig for my build) or even the i5 4670K if you're on a real tight budget. I then would pair that with a AMD Radeon 280X or a NVIDIA GTX 770. I think that would make a great, well balanced build.

Might I ask what your budget is? This can help others put together a decent build for your budget. At the moment, with that build, it looks as though you may have a bit of bottlenecking going on but I could be wrong about this. :D

i strive for world domination. :)

i wanted a AMD build for some reason, and the red/black outcome of the parts really appeals to me

Already purchased the rig, was aiming as close to $1200 - $1400. its not predominately for gaming, more a fast processing computer for moving files and working programs 

i strive for world domination. :)

i wanted a AMD build for some reason, and the red/black outcome of the parts really appeals to me

Already purchased the rig, was aiming as close to $1200 - $1400. its not predominately for gaming, more a fast processing computer for moving files and working programs

Hmm...well I personally think that you could've done better. You should always stop by these forums before purchasing any rig because you'll get better value for your money. Just make that a general rule for yourself from now on.

Hello Hello! I am new here also

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

My GPU has been delayed :( another day i must wait haha, thanks everyone for your input. might need help in the future to upgrade.

My GPU has been delayed :( another day i must wait haha, thanks everyone for your input. might need help in the future to upgrade.

No worries mate, glad to help. Sure, will be glad to help you with anything you need help with down the track. :D

How exactly will my cpu be holding me back, (as quick as possible) Geekazoid 

What is CPU Bottleneck in games and why does it happen?

In games, a CPU bottleneck refers to the how the processor holds back the graphics card(s) from rendering more frames each second. The graphics card is not fully utilised and as such, you don't get full performance from your system.

This happens because in addition to all the visual rendering done by the graphics card, there is plenty of internal processing done by the CPU corresponding to what is going on inside the game.

So how do I combat CPU Bottleneck?

Overclocking. That's an entirely different issue altogether and I don't recommend anyone doing it without reading up on it first.

But overclocking is the primary way, outside of a better CPU to reduce CPU bottleneck in games.

Alternative Examples - http://abundantcores.blogspot.com.au/p/a-cpu-can-bottleneck-and-gpu-in-gaming.html

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just a note mate. If you want someone to be notified by a question you've asked, etc. then you need to put an "@" before their username. And example of this would be with your username. If I just put Faz592 then you wouldn't get notified of my questions or whatever I wanted to talk to you about, however, if I put @Faz592 you would then be notified. Just thought I would say that if you didn't already know. :D

It looks like @SkilledRebuilds has already answered your question. Thanks @SkilledRebuilds.