Hotter than Megan Fox laptop temps

xox

So, my PC is currently down for maintenance, which basically forces me to use my old laptop.

It runs Windows Vista 32-bit and it has a grand total of two (yes, two) gigabytes of RAM.

Although the laptop itself is genuinely shocking, what is more shocking is the temperature of the processor in the laptop.

It runs at 70-80 degrees (Celsius) idle and about 80-95 on load.

C'mon, there has to be some way in which to change this atrocity; any reply would be helpful, thanks!

vVwen6c.jpgIdle

It turned off due to overheating whilst doing the load ones.

Compatible with Windows 95

Mine is at 90 celsius at idle.

-.-

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Yes, but yours is at 4.2 GHz, mine is at 1.9

Get a can of pressurised air and spray the vents

It should work

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Yes, but yours is at 4.2 GHz, mine is at 1.9

My laptop's.It's a 2.2GHz Core Duo.

My 4670k barely reaches 60.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Most of the time (for me anyway) seems to come from the lack of air, try spraying the vents on the laptop for dust. That seems to help me :P.

Get a can of pressurised air and spray the vents

It should work

What makes it worse is that I've already cleaned it out (albeit with pipe cleaners).

And the temps were the same after the cleaning :(

My laptop's.It's a 2.2GHz Core Duo.

Ah, ok. I guess Linus was wrong when he said that Laptop manufacturers generally have their temperature management sorted out :P

Ah, ok. I guess Linus was wrong when he said that Laptop manufacturers generally have their temperature management sorted out :P

My laptop is from 2007. :D

a common problem...

Take the heatsink off, deattach the fan, clean it with water, take a hair dryer DON'T HOLD IT WITH YOUR HANDS (it'll heat up fastly :P, it's a heatsink), and when it's dry, put it again in your laptop, with new thermal paste of course.

Thats true, if the laptop is an old one as you say it is changing the thermal paste and checking the fan would be worth trying.

Connor Freebairn - ConnorFreebairn@newman.cumbria.sch.uk
IT Technician & Certified computer geek.

a common problem...

Take the heatsink off, deattach the fan, clean it with water, take a hair dryer DON'T HOLD IT WITH YOUR HANDS (it'll heat up fastly :P, it's a heatsink), and when it's dry, put it again in your laptop, with new thermal paste of course.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking; However, I can't seem to find how to detach the heatsink thing from my motherboard, I can't find any disassembly videos :(

My laptop is from 2007. :D

Alas, mine too. Hopefully I'm getting a Dell XPS 15 soon for work and shiz, I've heard they're very good.

Alas, mine too. Hopefully I'm getting a Dell XPS 15 soon for work and shiz, I've heard they're very good.

I tried to sell mine.Highest I could get was $50 and I decided to keep it because it's still working!

that analogy thou....you could squeeze some more power out of it and keep your tea nice an warm

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

what laptop?

Toshiba Satellite L350D-12M

AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK-57

2GB Hynix RAM

that analogy thou....you could squeeze some more power out of it and keep your tea nice an warm

I should mod it so that it boils water for me and then...

MOAR TEA

EDIT: Found a good meme about tea:

frabz-Just-splendid-good-sir-fancy-a-cup

I should mod it so that it boils water for me and then...

MOAR TEA

You could replace your whole stove, just have different sized AMD laptops put down for element size, then to raise the temp, you put a more demanding benchmark on, and to lower it you put a less demanding one on.  Then for the oven, just take off the bottom of a laptop and put a huge fan there to blow the hot air onto your cakes ect.  Laptop kitchen.  My new youtube series lol

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

uh... heatsink facing down and all that plastic doesn't look good xD... you've to do a lot of work

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Satellite-L355D/laptop-disassembly-1.htm

and then... deattach the mobo...

Yeah, what I think the problem is is the heatsink is just too small. It monumentally sucks...

You could replace your whole stove, just have different sized AMD laptops put down for element size, then to raise the temp, you put a more demanding benchmark on, and to lower it you put a less demanding one on.  Then for the oven, just take off the bottom of a laptop and put a huge fan there to blow the hot air onto your cakes ect.  Laptop kitchen.  My new youtube series lol

Y'see, we need to set up a business together... You provide the ideas and I'll produce the tea :P