Cases with most fans support?

FRD

I made this topic because I would like to know, but not because I want to upgrade my case. I want some of my list to consider for later or another system.

Which cases that are currently available for sale support 10 fans or more? Any cases out there that also support up to 15 fans? Cases that can "only" hold 9 fans will not suffice.

Only looking for cases that support a single system, no dual system cases. I know one of them is the Corsair Obsidian 1000D "Ultimate Super Tower". Another one is the Thermaltake Core P8 TG that can hold up to 18 fans.

Don't ask me why I need this many fans, I already have them in stock. lol

More fans != More better

Exhibit 1:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

3 minutes ago, CrownieOG said:

Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 supports 15x120mm or 8x140mm mixed with 6x120mm

Nice looking case! I'll definitely put that on the list. That's what I'm looking for. I see it's even a dual system case too, supporting only ITX as the 2nd. The price is really reasonable at around $150.

I'll still wait around to see if there are more cases out there.

16 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

More fans != More better

Exhibit 1:

I ever saw that video before. The fans are cool, but the case looks so closed and I dislike the tinted sidepanel. And of course the airflow is really bad.

1 hour ago, FRD said:

I ever saw that video before. The fans are cool, but the case looks so closed and I dislike the tinted sidepanel. And of course the airflow is really bad.

Haha. It wasn't intended as a recommendation. The point is throwing a bunch of fans in a case doesn't do anything but add a bunch of noise. I've got 4 fans in my case and it's like a windtunnel with the fans only running at half speed. Quality and orientation matters far more than quantity.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

the two cases you named are pretty much the only ones that have good airflow too. the corsair 1000d as you get it from the factory can support 13 fans, 8 120mm in front, 3 140mm on top and 2 120mm in back. you can change out the fan support trays and with watercooling the 1000d can support 34 fans.

1 hour ago, Chris Pratt said:

Haha. It wasn't intended as a recommendation. The point is throwing a bunch of fans in a case doesn't do anything but add a bunch of noise. I've got 4 fans in my case and it's like a windtunnel with the fans only running at half speed. Quality and orientation matters far more than quantity.

It does add some noise, but it also doesn't as much if you do it correctly. You're fine if you have many Noctua fans or if you have PWM fans set to the right fan curve.

I currently already have 10 case fans running and my PC is on the floor and my legs can get cold. lol
It does matter though if you put cheap fans in there or good fans that are PWM, with anti-vibration and good specs.

1 hour ago, tdkid said:

the two cases you named are pretty much the only ones that have good airflow too. the corsair 1000d as you get it from the factory can support 13 fans, 8 120mm in front, 3 140mm on top and 2 120mm in back. you can change out the fan support trays and with watercooling the 1000d can support 34 fans.

Good to know, so they're my only options. Actually the 1000D is not, since it's a whopping $500+ and I don't need a full dual system case. 34 fans is crazy though. I would be crazy enough to do it if I had the funds and space.

As for the Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2, I see that there are the closed and tempered glass panel variations. Also there's a Enthoo Pro (v1), but it's less good of course. Then there's the Enthoo 719 which is the version before the Enthoo Pro 2 I believe.

4 hours ago, FRD said:

Good to know, so they're my only options. Actually the 1000D is not, since it's a whopping $500+ and I don't need a full dual system case. 34 fans is crazy though. I would be crazy enough to do it if I had the funds and space.

As for the Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2, I see that there are the closed and tempered glass panel variations. Also there's a Enthoo Pro (v1), but it's less good of course. Then there's the Enthoo 719 which is the version before the Enthoo Pro 2 I believe.

well neither do i but i have the 1000D and i love it. my previous case was the apevia x hermes case and the temps for my GPU at idle was around the low to mid 50s. i have 6 fans in the 1000D right now (dont judge, adding them as i can afford them) and my temps are currently in the low 30s even with the low amount of fans. the 1000D can suipport up to 34 fans maybe 36 depending on one little thing that may or may not work but 34 for sure. it can support 34 because you would have to swap out the top 3x140mm fan tray for a 2x4x120mm fan tray and use watercooling so you could place fans on both sides of the radiators. 

if you are just looking for a good case withg airflow, i suggest anything with a mesh front panel.

my case can do 52 fans... i win

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

your case is not a case if i remember right. its a server tower.

11 minutes ago, tdkid said:

your case is not a case if i remember right. its a server tower.

funny

it is indeed a case with 2 pedestals. i do have a serv rack beside me but im puttin my gaming consoles in there and my 8 hdim kvm and an 24 port network was the plan. i was going to put an lian li 011 razer case on the bottom but sold it pluse i got like 10 other case...ya i like case

i did think of doing a server build for a pc case thow and probly would have been cheaper but oh well. i just didnt like 80mm fan at the back of all server case i could find or at lest were cheap.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

10 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

More fans != More better

Exhibit 1:

Aw nerts I wanted to post this.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

10 hours ago, tdkid said:

well neither do i but i have the 1000D and i love it. my previous case was the apevia x hermes case and the temps for my GPU at idle was around the low to mid 50s. i have 6 fans in the 1000D right now (dont judge, adding them as i can afford them) and my temps are currently in the low 30s even with the low amount of fans. the 1000D can suipport up to 34 fans maybe 36 depending on one little thing that may or may not work but 34 for sure. it can support 34 because you would have to swap out the top 3x140mm fan tray for a 2x4x120mm fan tray and use watercooling so you could place fans on both sides of the radiators. 

if you are just looking for a good case withg airflow, i suggest anything with a mesh front panel.

I thought your old case was a hermes designer case. lol
Those are pretty goods temps for a case with only 6 fans. It's probably because the case is so big and has a lot of room to breathe. How many fans you plan on adding finally?

34 fans would be crazy to have, but I've seen the 1000D on pics and the size is a bit too big for my liking.

Currently I actually have a radiator with fans on both sides. My case right now is mostly mesh and it's an open style case, so I have never have to worry about temps, only dust.

The suggested Enthoo Pro 2 is a really good airflow case, it has a mesh front panel (even though it's fabric mesh, not aluminium).

8 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

That's cool actually. Saw your case before too, it's kind of unique, but I would be excited about the RGB in there.

What people that haven't seen your case think yours looks like if it had 52 fans:

image.jpeg.b0edb6b0fce568c260eb134a63a6fef3.jpeg

3 hours ago, FRD said:

I thought your old case was a hermes designer case. lol
Those are pretty goods temps for a case with only 6 fans. It's probably because the case is so big and has a lot of room to breathe. How many fans you plan on adding finally?

34 fans would be crazy to have, but I've seen the 1000D on pics and the size is a bit too big for my liking.

Currently I actually have a radiator with fans on both sides. My case right now is mostly mesh and it's an open style case, so I have never have to worry about temps, only dust.

i plan on having the 13 fans in it or maybe even swapping out the 3x140mm tray for another 8 120mm tray and having 18 fans in it. i am not sure yet. i dont plan on watercooling my system because you basically have to drain and refill it 2 times a year to keep it decent. too much maintanence requiired for that for my liking. i bought the case because now i never have to worry about components not fitting into the case again. no matter what they come up with, it will fit. 

the thing i like about the 1000d is the size but it also comes with dust filters so i dont have to worry about dust. just cleaning them out once or twice a year which is way easier than the watercooling.

22 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

More fans != More better

Exhibit 1:

That case was such a Hot Pocket! 

Cases from a company called anidees have a lot of fan placement options, especially their larger towers. My Corsair 900D was quite a steal of a price and I will say that too, more fans is not "more better". The only thing you can really do is improve the circulation of air inside the case, but after that, you are relying on how good of cooling you have for the CPU and GPU. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

29 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

That case was such a Hot Pocket! 

Cases from a company called anidees have a lot of fan placement options, especially their larger towers. My Corsair 900D was quite a steal of a price and I will say that too, more fans is not "more better". The only thing you can really do is improve the circulation of air inside the case, but after that, you are relying on how good of cooling you have for the CPU and GPU. 

my case is water cooled the fans is just for looks. i have a 66ook witch dose no get hot and an gtx1080. and a d5 pump and 360 for the cpu and a d5 pump and 360 for the gpu. and thats for one side as my case and house 2 pc ins it and the other will have the same but craper rads but we will see.

pc update 004.jpg

pc update 005.jpg

pc update 006.jpg

rgb fans 003.jpg

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

my case is water cooled the fans is just for looks. i have a 66ook witch dose no get hot and an gtx1080. and a d5 pump and 360 for the cpu and a d5 pump and 360 for the gpu. and thats for one side as my case and house 2 pc ins it and the other will have the same but craper rads but we will see.

~Snipped Photos~

Wow!!! That is huge. I mainly just have my fans in my case for airflow and plus, I just needed to fill them up (except for the rightside where the PSU is). My CPU and GPU stay around in the ~50-55oC. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

Wow!!! That is huge. I mainly just have my fans in my case for airflow and plus, I just needed to fill them up (except for the rightside where the PSU is). My CPU and GPU stay around in the ~50-55oC. 

ya i have a Noctua NH-D15 at the lowes setting 900 rpm mine idles at 43c

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

ya i have a Noctua NH-D15 at the lowes setting 900 rpm mine idles at 43c

When I leave my rig doing nothing around 800RPM, CPU sits around 30-35oC. Case fans and CPU cooler are both at this level when idle.