New PC not able to use my home internet.

So I posted on here a few days ago about a problem I had with my new PC showing I was connected to the internet but not being able to load any web pages or download anything. I tried everything to find the source of the problem by trying both ethernet ports, replacing the ethernet cables, checking for any hardware problems, etc. I was so frustrated that I couldnt figure it out and so I took it to best buy to get it looked at. They connect the power and the ethernet there and when it turned on it was fully functional. I was able to go on YouTube, download windows updates and drivers, and do basically everything I would expect it to. Now that my PC is back home it's still not able to do any of that. All the other devices in the house connect fine and when I use the same connection on my old pc that is next to my new one it gets internet fine like it always has. I now know its a problem with my home internet but what can I do to fix this?

do you run some form of MAC whitelisting in the network? Have you try manually force a new local IP through cmd by inputting command

ipconfig /release

and then

ipconfig /renew

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

do you run some form of MAC whitelisting in the network? Have you try manually force a new local IP through cmd by inputting command

ipconfig /release

and then

ipconfig /renew

When I try to do both commands it says "No operation can be performed on Ethernet while its media is disconnected." It shows my other port even tho theres nothing connect so I tried swapping and doing it again and I got the same message but saying Ethernet 2.

Updating the driver sometimes solved the problem but if the problems continues just add pcie gigabit Ethernet card for for around $10 - 20

But if you really need internet just for browsing and stuff buy Those usb wifi dongle adapter

01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 00110111 00110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100011 01101000 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01101101 01100001 00100000 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01110100 01110110

Audio Interface I/O LIST v2

Just now, Liam danu said:

Updating the driver sometimes solved the problem but if the problems continues just add pcie gigabit Ethernet card for for around $10 - 20

But if you really need internet just for browsing and stuff buy Those usb wifi dongle adapter

Yeah I've tried doing that by using a USB before and loading the LAN drives for my mobo from the Asus site but when I try to install it says my drivers are already up to date.

47 minutes ago, PanicThePaladin said:

I now know its a problem with my home internet but what can I do to fix this?

1. What is the make/model of your router and/or ISP gateway?
  2. How is your home network set up? A flow diagram will be helpful. Also include the type of ethernet cables you use.
  3. Try rebooting the router/modem/gateway.
  4. Run ipconfig from a command prompt and post the output details from the LAN interfaces.
  5. Run the network troubleshooter to see if it detects any problems and offers any fixes.
  6. You can also run the netsh commands that Microsoft recommends here under “Network troubleshooting on your device”.
  7. If the above doesn’t work, try a network reset (instructions on the same Microsoft page)

3 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:
  1. What is the make/model of your router and/or ISP gateway?
  2. How is your home network set up? A flow diagram will be helpful. Also include the type of ethernet cables you use.
  3. Try rebooting the router/modem/gateway.
  4. Run ipconfig from a command prompt and post the output details from the LAN interfaces.
  5. Run the network troubleshooter to see if it detects any problems and offers any fixes.
  6. You can also run the netsh commands that Microsoft recommends here under “Network troubleshooting on your device”.
  7. If the above doesn’t work, try a network reset (instructions on the same Microsoft page)

Thanks, here are the ipconfig results.

I've tried almost every step you listed before but still tried them again. I did try pining the default gateway which was mentioned in that page you link in 6. Everything worked when I pinged the default gateway I got a response and everything so I know my pc can reach my modem but again still no working internet

20210422_141448.jpg

Try opening a command prompt, then enter;

netsh int ip reset

Afterwards, restart your laptop and then unplug the power to your modem, wait 10secs, and plug it back in.

Then try accessing the internet again.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

14 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Try opening a command prompt, then enter;

netsh int ip reset

Afterwards, restart your laptop and then unplug the power to your modem, wait 10secs, and plug it back in.

Then try accessing the internet again.

Just tried that, didn't work 😞

2 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

What do you get if you trying pinging www.google.com from a cmd prompt?

Works fine when I ping. I just dont know. Could it be my xfinity modem? It's just so weird that every other device works including my old pc when connected to it. Like I said too when I took it to best buy it worked perfectly fine on their internet 

20210422_152529.jpg

What if you do ping ipv4.google.com?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Okay, so what browser are you using, what exact error does it give, and have you tried another browser?

I'm using Microsoft edge cause that's all I have installed. It's a fresh install of windows 10 so no other browser is on it except internet explorer which doesnt work either. There is no error when I open up either browser the page is a blank new tab that infinitely loads but goes nowhere. Sometimes I can half load onto google but when I try to search on it again it goes nowhere.

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

What if you do ping ipv4.google.com?

seems to work as well

20210422_153559.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Try download/installing google chrome and then accessing www.google.com

I tried to before a while ago by downloading it onto a USB but that wouldnt work either. 

12 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Try installing on the PC, and report what error the browser gives.

I cant even get chrome to download cause when it starts installing it gets stuck on connecting to the internet

41 minutes ago, PanicThePaladin said:

Just tried that, didn't work 😞

Did you reboot the PC after doing that command?

Also try this one and reboot:

netsh winhttp reset proxy

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

18 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

What about connecting to a hotspot on your phone, or connect your phone to your PC via USB and tether it.

That should allow you to use the cell data on your mobile.

Yeah okay so I was able to get tether working and I installed chrome and went on a few sites which all worked. I unplugged my mobile connection and restarted so now it's just my ethernet. Chrome loads when I open it and I am able to access other pages now but they're still loading at a slow speed. So progress I guess. Also microsoft edge however remains unchanged.

16 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Did you reboot the PC after doing that command?

Also try this one and reboot:

netsh winhttp reset proxy

Yes I did reboot before. I tried the new command and it said no proxys but I still rebooted anyways. No change

26 minutes ago, PanicThePaladin said:

Yeah okay so I was able to get tether working and I installed chrome and went on a few sites which all worked. I unplugged my mobile connection and restarted so now it's just my ethernet. Chrome loads when I open it and I am able to access other pages now but they're still loading at a slow speed. So progress I guess. Also microsoft edge however remains unchanged.

What kind of a slow speed?

Will a youtube video play without hitching?

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

1 hour ago, Tech87 said:

What kind of a slow speed?

Will a youtube video play without hitching?

I mean this is my new gaming setup and compared to the gaming PC its replacing it's still not really functional at all. Theres still a problem, its just now I can access YouTube barely. If I plugged into my old pc right now itd run at normal speeds but something is still wrong with the connection between my internet and the new pc.