How do I convince someone that i have the worst specs ever

Go to solution Solved by 8tg,

step up your game

what you can enjoy out of a system must be within its limitations, a core2duo on its own isnt going to play minecraft

but you can play UT99, Halo 1, the Sims 1 and 2, oldschool runescape, conquer online, Empire Earth 1 and 2, AOE2, GTA Vice City, San Andreas and GTA 3, CS 1.6, Prison Architect, Hotline Miami 1 and 2, SWAT 3, Call of Duty 4...

And those are just games from my own personal experience.

Learn to work with what you have.

This Micron is rocking a 166mhz Pentium MMX, 64mb of ram, 2 megabytes of video memory, and a 1.2gb hard drive host to Windows 98.

This machine isnt inherently bad because it cant play Minecraft. This machine can play DOOM 1 and 2, Duke Nukem 3D, SimCity and 2000, Roller Coaster Tycoon and Need for Speed II.

And thats still pretty damn fun within the limitations of it.

2B4BE1C2-30D1-4C89-A908-A5B4A6366C57.thumb.jpeg.407f094ed9db93910447256ce6af898f.jpeg

when I say I have the worst PC people never believe me and How to convince someone it is a worst pc

img2.thumb.JPG.4e822958b2f10b70f17dc75607de040d.JPG

why... is this another rog rig reboot sob story

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

cuz for all we know you have a 3090. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

@davemc nah not a rig reboot sob story My dad says my specs are enough for another 10 years and the parts are older than me so I just asked how to convince him

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

-points to benchie in sig-

nah, the cpu score on that is about 2x what id expect from this...

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HarryCodes said:

You send them this screenshot. Your welcome 👍

Oh I have done that doesn't work 

1 minute ago, klingerfreak0411 said:

@davemc nah not a rig reboot sob story My dad says my specs are enough for another 10 years and the parts are older than me so I just asked how to convince him

So why is it not enough?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

-points to benchie in sig-

I have been using this for the last 6 years it is a hand  me down kind of stuff

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

So why is it not enough?

My dad is not a huge "tech" geek like I am you know its really hard but the thing is minecraft java version (modded) 800*600@56 manages to run on my pc and my pc starts making weird noises 

2 minutes ago, klingerfreak0411 said:

I have been using this for the last 6 years it is a hand  me down kind of stuff

I'm still using a core 2 duo and core 2 quad system just fine

Age doesn't make a computer bad automatically, it's what you expect to do on it

If you can justify an upgrade, go explain it to your father

Just now, klingerfreak0411 said:

My dad is not a huge "tech" geek like I am you know its really hard but the thing is minecraft java version (modded) 800*600@56 manages to run on my pc and my pc starts making weird noises 

If he doesn't see a value in gaming after your explanation and justification, then so be it

13 hours ago, Moonzy said:

I'm still using a core 2 duo and core 2 quad system just fine

Age doesn't make a computer bad automatically, it's what you expect to do on it

If you can justify an upgrade, go explain it to your father

If he doesn't see a value in gaming after your explanation and justification, then so be it

note just for gaming you know if i open Spotify and chrome together the only thing I get is a Blue Screen Of death

*not

11 minutes ago, klingerfreak0411 said:

Well, you can't. Unless he understands computers.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

4 minutes ago, klingerfreak0411 said:

note just for gaming you know if i open Spotify and chrome together the only thing I get is a Blue Screen Of death

Go tell him that, then

No one here knows what you should do to make your father spend his money for your entertainment

I can only say, tell him what's wrong, and if he doesn't understand, either give up or try again

25 minutes ago, klingerfreak0411 said:

when I say I have the worst PC people never believe me and How to convince someone it is a worst pc

Why would they care?

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Why would they care?

why wouldn't they?

2 minutes ago, klingerfreak0411 said:

why wouldn't they?

Because of this:

13 minutes ago, klingerfreak0411 said:

My dad is not a huge "tech" geek like I am

9 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Because of this:

well not every one in my family is like my father

you don't. You politely tell your father or other parental analogue that while your current PC "works" it's not really up to your expectations of what you would like it to do.

Either they will say "well it works, so it's good enough", in which case, bad luck. you'll have to wait until you can work to earn enough money to buy your own PC

Or they will agree to buy you something newer. But if this DOES happen, don't you dare try to lie to them about needing the best of the best. If it's not your money, ask for the bare minimum to accomplish what you would like. obviously within reason, if your expectation is to play CP2077 at max settings, then no point even asking.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, klingerfreak0411 said:

img2.thumb.JPG.4e822958b2f10b70f17dc75607de040d.JPG

lel, you have 2gb ram and your aero works? Kid, people have worse machines than this.

run minecraft and burn your pc house city down. Then go upto your dad and say, "I told you so"

*not

edit exists.

no one can tell you the exact way to convince your parents to buy you a new PC. I've never had my PC bought by my parents even back when I was 13 or 14. I saved and bought it myself. while I know not everyone can do that you'll find saving 10 or 20 bucks here and there can add up fast to 600$ which is enough for a decent PC

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

2 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

edit exists.

no one can tell you the exact way to convince your parents to buy you a new PC. I've never had my PC bought by my parents even back when I was 13 or 14. I saved and bought it myself. while I know not everyone can do that you'll find saving 10 or 20 bucks here and there can add up fast to 600$ which is enough for a decent PC

yes it does lets say I forgot it and you get pocket money??

2 hours ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

run minecraft and burn your pc house city down. Then go upto your dad and say, "I told you so"

I don't want a death wish