family gaming/school/office work pc

Go to solution Solved by AndrewTheFrenchMan,

This is a real powerful build, a bit too powerful for what you want to do, but if you have the money then.. do it, My only concern is the power supply, the Ryzen 9 and 3080 are pretty power hungry and you might want something above 700 watts but i don't think the 650 will explode on you. Also unless you already have a place to buy the 3080 at MSRP or you already have one, then it will be extremely hard to find one under $1500

Budget (including currency): $2800 USD (budget is without the monitor)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Call of Duty, Escape From Tarkov, basic Microsoft programs, multiple browsers open and video streaming

Other details: i am looking at getting the ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2k HDR WQHD (2560 x 1440), 165hz, 1ms monitor to pair it with this PC and i also do not need any other peripherals. I'm not upgrading from any parts just simply building a new PC. i am looking to buy at the beginning of May and i would like to be able to play at 1440p with a 165hz refresh rate. also with the parts i have listed i don't know if ill be able to control all of the RGB with one unit.(if anybody knows please leave a comment). i am wanting to make sure I'm getting the best for what i can, also the theme is white so thats been a bit of a problem coming up with parts.

603387607_ScreenShot2021-04-15at2_50_54AM.png.9afa43dcf300b62f3776bfbb76c1cbdd.png

This is a real powerful build, a bit too powerful for what you want to do, but if you have the money then.. do it, My only concern is the power supply, the Ryzen 9 and 3080 are pretty power hungry and you might want something above 700 watts but i don't think the 650 will explode on you. Also unless you already have a place to buy the 3080 at MSRP or you already have one, then it will be extremely hard to find one under $1500

If you are looking more for aesthetics to sacrifice a little capabilities, replacing the B550 VISION D motherboard for a N7 B550 will look much better instead and be way cheaper, which by the way the money you could save on the mobo is gonna get you a better PSU for no stability issues with that RTX 3080 (if you can find one, lol), don't take my advise too seriously tho as i'm kinda new to the hardwere scene but overall a monster build worth the money that could easily last some years

PD: Just joined the forum just to comment on this post haha

It would be helpful if thee permalink was posted. Better yet, use the BB button on the build list toolbar for a nicely for!after list that can be pasted into a post.

Nvidia recommends a 750W psu with the RTX 3080. Supply may be problematic but I'd suggest a Corsair RMX White 750W or 850W.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Yeh With a 3080 I would want to have a 750W+ just to be sure on the power spikes. 

Just now, Ar558a said:

Yeh With a 3080 I would want to have a 750W+ just to be sure on the power spikes. 

I personally would recommend 850 watts, but ideally 1000w, though you don’t have to do that. 

Gaming PC:

CPU- Intel Core i5-10400 (planning to upgrade when Alder Lake releases)

CPU Cooler- be quiet! Dark Rock Slim up to 180W TDP

Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix B460-h Gaming

Memory- Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000 CL15 memory

Storage- Crucial P2 1TB M.2-NVME SSD up to 2400 MB/s 

Video Card- MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3060 Ti OC

PC Chassis- Cooler Master TD500 MESH ARGB with Controller

Power Supply- EVGA 650w P2 (planning to upgrade to EVGA 80+ Gold 1k watts)

Rear Fan- Touchaqua Bitspower Notos RGB fan

Monitor- Acer EI272UR 2560x1440 144hz 4ms Radeon Freesync monitor

Keyboard- Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Mouse- Logitech G203 Lightsync (planning to upgrade to g502 HERO)

Controller- Xbox One Wireless Controller - Red 

LaptopProcessor- Ryzen 7 4700U (8c/8t up to 4.1Ghz) with Radeon graphics, 16GB DDR4-3200 memory, 512 NVME SSD

10 hours ago, charzen said:

If you are looking more for aesthetics to sacrifice a little capabilities, replacing the B550 VISION D motherboard for a N7 B550 will look much better instead and be way cheaper, which by the way the money you could save on the mobo is gonna get you a better PSU for no stability issues with that RTX 3080 (if you can find one, lol), don't take my advise too seriously tho as i'm kinda new to the hardwere scene but overall a monster build worth the money that could easily last some years

PD: Just joined the forum just to comment on this post haha

I am looking for the n7 550 but cannot find a store that sells it.. do you know of somewhere that has it?