Gpu price drops soon?

does someone know when the prices on gpus will drop?

especialy the 30 serie ones.

becuase in my country you pay like fucking 999 dolar for an 3060 ti .... thats so overpriced (my opinion) .

and i would buy one if the prices dont drop frome now till end of the year.

Do you know when the people that are willing to over pay for a card will all have as many as they want? 

The answer to that question is the same as your question.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, giuseppels said:

I guarantee you, not a single person here "knows" this. Not one.

You'll be waiting at least till the end of this year, if not longer. Probably longer. 

By mid 2022. Those are the earliest estimates. Right now the best bet is to try to get one from a local store where they won't be scalped, or from the VAG program

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

Do you know when the people that are willing to over pay for a card will all have as many as they want? 

The answer to that question is the same as your question.

but isnt the real problem the crypto miners becuase they buy a lot of gpus that cause the shortage 

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

By mid 2022. Those are the earliest estimates. Right now the best bet is to try to get one from a local store where they won't be scalped, or from the VAG program

mmm yeah i actualy work at an "pc" store ahhaha they dont have any they are out of stock again 😅

4 minutes ago, giuseppels said:

but isnt the real problem the crypto miners becuase they buy a lot of gpus that cause the shortage 

yes because Bitcoin was just halved, but that won't last forever

2 minutes ago, giuseppels said:

People who use GPUs buying them is not the issue. 

It's a supply chain/foundry manufacturing capacity issue AFAIK, and of the comparatively few cards that could make it directly to consumers to begin with, a lot of those are yoinked by scalpers who play needless middleman for profit. Same with Playstations, I think the new Xboxes as well, the Switch when it originally launched, the entire Vega Series on launch and all Pascal cards during the etherium boom, etc. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

It's a supply chain/foundry manufacturing capacity issue AFAIK, and of the comparatively few cards that could make it directly to consumers to begin with, a lot of those are yoinked by scalpers who play needless middleman for profit. Same with Playstations, I think the new Xboxes as well, the Switch when it originally launched, the entire Vega Series on launch and all Pascal cards during the etherium boom, etc. 

mmm oke that sucks  , i allways thought that the crypto miners where causing this shortage 

7 minutes ago, giuseppels said:

No, but I'm not touching another mInErS bAd thread for a while...

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

No, but I'm not touching another mInErS bAd thread for a while...

ahaha me neither

2 minutes ago, giuseppels said:

4 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

It's a supply chain/foundry manufacturing capacity issue AFAIK....

*angrily deletes twenty minutes of double checking research with sources, steam hardware surveys and other info*  what he said

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

yes because Bitcoin was just halved, but that won't last forever

yeah i think that the miners just wasted a lot of money they are never gonna make back (possible that im wrong)

Just now, giuseppels said:

yeah i think that the miners just wasted a lot of money they are never gonna make back (possible that im wrong)

Miners worth their salt know how long it takes to earn back what they paid for a card and start generating profit, it's people who hop on it as a fad who lose money (same in the etherium boom). 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Depends if the etherum craze gets limited in a couple of months.. if it does.. well shit.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

15 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Miners worth their salt know how long it takes to earn back what they paid for a card and start generating profit, it's people who hop on it as a fad who lose money (same in the etherium boom). 

i think that it is mainly becuase they hop into it without enought research  

15 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Depends if the etherum craze gets limited in a couple of months.. if it does.. well shit.

i hope not .....😥

15 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

*angrily deletes twenty minutes of double checking research with sources, steam hardware surveys and other info*  what he said

thx for comfirming 

1 minute ago, giuseppels said:

i think that it is mainly becuase they hop into it without enought research  

I have an old 270X thats been going since 2019, that thing earned its place until winter electricity shot so high up it wasnt feasable 😄

Edited by MultiGamerClub
shot, not show lol :P

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

Just now, MultiGamerClub said:

I have an old 270X thats been going since 2019, that thing earned its place until winter electricity show so high up it wasnt feasable 😄

hahhaha 

1 hour ago, giuseppels said:

especialy the 30 serie ones.

becuase in my country you pay like fucking 999 dolar for an 3060 ti .... thats so overpriced (my opinion) .

and i would buy one if the prices dont drop frome now till end of the year.

Your best bet would be entering Newegg shuffle. I just got email from them saying I was selected to buy 3060 (non-ti) for 600 bucks including shipping and taxes so naturally I paid for it. It took me about 20 or so times entering the shuffle before I was selected so it may take time. from all the hints online Nvidia said the shortages may last only this year they are planning to have more volume next year so keep being hopeful.

3 minutes ago, patiencehasleftthebuilding said:

Your best bet would be entering Newegg shuffle. I just got email from them saying I was selected to buy 3060 (non-ti) for 600 bucks including shipping and taxes so naturally I paid for it. It took me about 20 or so times entering the shuffle before I was selected so it may take time. from all the hints online Nvidia said the shortages may last only this year they are planning to have more volume next year so keep being hopeful.

oke thank you 😁

right now - it's just a perfect storm various demand and supply factors.... so it is a complete guessing game.

The supply chain problems will get sorted in the next 6-12 months: everything from water supplies to covid/staffing issues impacting production.

In terms of demand... far harder to predict: you've got crypto miners soaking up all reasonably-priced supply and then a few scalpers looking to make a profit off a handful of desperate/stupid buyers

if crypto prices hold out.... it'll probably be the end of 2021 or even mid-2022 before supply catches up with the MASSIVE levels of demand....

if crypto prices crash, the GPU prices will too....

My workstation/gamer: Ryzen9 5900X@5Ghz, AC Freezer2 280mm AIO, ASUS TUF X570PRO, RTX3080Ti FE, 32Gb TridentZ DDR4-3600C14, M.2 1Tb WDSN850, M.2 1Tb WDSN550, 2x 8Tb WD80EFAX, Corsair HX850, LianLi O11 Air Mini + 3x NF-A14's, Gigabyte M27Q (27"/1440P/170Hz), Asus PA248 (24"/1200P/60Hz), Dell WFP2408 (24"/1200P/60Hz), G815 kbd, G502 mouse, Sony WH-H910N, ModMic Wireless.

20 hours ago, BahnStormer said:

right now - it's just a perfect storm various demand and supply factors.... so it is a complete guessing game.

The supply chain problems will get sorted in the next 6-12 months: everything from water supplies to covid/staffing issues impacting production.

In terms of demand... far harder to predict: you've got crypto miners soaking up all reasonably-priced supply and then a few scalpers looking to make a profit off a handful of desperate/stupid buyers

if crypto prices hold out.... it'll probably be the end of 2021 or even mid-2022 before supply catches up with the MASSIVE levels of demand....

if crypto prices crash, the GPU prices will too....

thank you for the info