Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter
On 11/21/2023 at 1:39 PM, Alvin853 said:

But every main channel video has to be hosted by Linus, that's a requirement at LTT.

Maybe LMG should start an additional channel just for technical reviews hosted by people that are familiar with the hardware being tested. Linus can't possibly know everything, and all the errors in the past have shown that he just isn't up to the task of hosting videos like that (which is probably why LTT stopped doing these videos). Let Linus do the fun stuff on the main channel, and let pros do reviews on a separate channel

Do you work for LMG?

If not please stop speculating how and why as if you know something which you don't. An opinion is one thing but your last two posts are nothing short of BS and that's both sad and annoying. You, me and everyone else here came to this forum because we like to watch Linus and the crew, no?
Let them do their job, help with suggestions if you have some.
Thank you.

Cheaper Amazon Android phones(round up) the market actually was not to bad I used to have blu phones they where not terrible.

Idea for a video:

A competition between staff members to make the most comfortable and high-quality office chair out of a car seat.

Perhaps as a very different sort of scrapyard war?

Then compare them to normal office chairs. 

Inspired by this reddit post (a funny story worth reading on its own, and also the source of the image below).

spacer.png

Hey Guys

I know you've done multicade builds in the past.. but Id like to send you a 16tb drive. HyperArcadeSystems.. Ive been around 7+ years.

This has 4 frontends on it, a fully scripted install process, supports full marquee sets, full LEDBlinky, Lightguns (Sindens, Aimtrak, Gun4IR), covers full arcade, full pinball and console full sets up to Nintendo Wii U.

I support 2300 people, there's an update system on it, supports a wide range of control sets. Xbox, Ipac, USB encoders, Xarcade, The works.

And its nothing like youve done in the past. Youd probably enjoy digging into the setup in there... Lots of work, scripting... and has a wide range of content. Even Jaguar CD is on there, etc.

Ill ship you a drive right away. Just need to know where to send it.

Thanks guys

Chris

Could Linus Tech Media consider creating an in-depth guide or series on PC parts? Covering topics such as PSUs, explaining the significance of watts, the differences between silver, gold, and platinum grades, cabling, and more. Subsequent parts could delve into motherboards, RAM, SSDs, HDDs, and GPUs etc. While these aspects have been discussed in various videos, they are often fragmented. Having a single, comprehensive video could immensely benefit viewers especially those who are new to the channel. This guide aims to bring together these concepts in a way that allows viewers to grasp the fundamentals before diving into more intricate details. Imagine being able to read about new motherboard or GPU releases and having the knowledge to critically assess their features. This proposed series could empower viewers with a deeper understanding of tech, aiding them in making well-informed decisions when purchasing components. Even though it may not garner as many views as other content, my thoughts are that the unique and detailed approach this channel brings will ensure that those who watch will have an attentive and engaged audience. Linus Tech Media's staff's ability to present complex information in an accessible manner makes it the perfect platform for such an educational endeavor and who knows maybe we'll get to meet new employees that we have yet to see or a new face that they'll bring into the camera from now and then like the recent editions of faces we have seen in videos this past year. New videos of Linus will soon be exciting to watch with this new knowledge plus a new audience that is well-informed and helpful with answering questions.

Has there been a video done about the history of Ethernet/Networking? It’d be neat to see the team recreate various historical networks, and maybe even see how large of a gap they can get in the age of various devices within a single network (1973 & 2023 vintage computers transferring files? 🤷‍♂️).

I'd like to see a video on Microsofts recent series of repair videos.

I would be interested in seeing a short circuit on the Canoo pickup.  It's supposed to be affordable with good range, but is ugly as sin in a way that would look interesting on a thumbnail.  

I've got a complete in box Apple IIc with monitor, keyboard, mouse, stand, cables, discs, power, manual.

As well as a Apple Macintosh Plus, with keyboard, mouse, cables, manual, HDD (but no original boxes).

Is this something the show would like to make an offer on and make a video about? The Plus boots up asking for a HDD (it wasn't attached, probably weak and don't want to risk it), the IIc powers on but I can't figure out how it's supposed to all work.

A curiosity that fell onto me, would be happy to see them get it all working!

Review/tier list of non-default launchers like Niagara Launcher, Microsoft, etc.

Hey LMG,

It would be cool if you made an F-You Smartphone Case that brings back the Headphone Jack, adds additional Battery Capacity, Wireless Charging with Pass-through USB C charging / data transfer, and maybe even fits a 2230 NVME adapter for additional storage because Micro-SD is so cheap and unreliable. I don't know if this would be a Video idea or maybe a cool project you could work with DBrand or something. I would love to build it myself but I don't have the resources. Love your guys' Content and Merch!

Mrmobile did a video a while ago for the iPhone about this, but maybe you could make a Universal version for Android and IPhone?

https://youtu.be/Nv3P-JCkd8E?si=MAClIQb9DGuQxfv-

Edited by G4M1NGPCR0CKZ
Added url

CERN apparantely has the inrastructure to save 1TB per SECOND 24/7. In the newest Be Smart video they visit CERN and in an employee of CERN mentions that when they capture data from one of their experiments they recorded one TB every second, 24/7 to servers that can handle exabytes of data. I would LOVE to see you visit CERN and discuss this.

Please check out the frequent failures of Kingston SSD's. OP on this thread seems to have a box of failed units, and claims that 2/3rd of the Kingston SSD's they sell are returned with defects.

OK this is a combination of three of your video categories:

• Car review videos with lots of on-road footage
  • Gaming in a vehicle videos
  • Car racing game setups.

You see where I'm going here, right?

You build a sick car racing setup into... the back seat of a car.  Then you hire a professional driver who takes the car out on the track, and drives the track, while you race the same track virtually.  The professional driver matches all your inputs, as long as they're safe.  You'd feel every force like it was real... because it IS real (all except the crashing and dying part).

I want to see a small series that delves deep-ish into computer forensics, and perhaps, even counter-forensic strategies. A bit of an LTT cat-and-mouse “find the forbidden Linus pic” game would be amazing to see. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

After watching the latest Mac Address I thought a video on picking new editing rigs would be interesting.

Intel consumer i9 vs AMD Threadripper vs Apple Studio machines would be an interesting build and test, with input from editors on how the systems work and work together? 

I have not seen a review on the COOJ Z18 CASE(MATX Full aluminium), it would be awesome if you found it intereting to review it

Video about the real life (!!) differences between Wifi chips?

in the briefcase PC video, Linus mentioned the Wifi chipsets on the different versions of the used MB. with Intel being superior, realtek being bad and the AMD chip they got being REALY bad. I notierend this in other videos in the past, but you always just gloss over it and move on as if it was general knowledge.

Maybe you could explain pros and cons of these chips and do a head to head benchmark to show how much it matters for regular users.

I'm a Windows user and I've got friends that are Mac users that I've been wanting to play BG3 with, so I'd like to see you guys do a video on a work around for Windows and Mac users to play together. 

You've shown a lot of water cooling on the channel but have never really done a step-by-step guide for people. Any chance you could build a PC from scratch showing people how to cut everything and mount everything for 1st time water cooler PC builders? What to buy as well, fittings, tubing, etc

On 3/20/2019 at 5:19 PM, Slottr said:

Been looking at home security recently and stumbled upon the Wyze cam, I'd be interested in seeing something about that

Budget home security or something along those lines

the caching issue leaking cam feeds go brrr

What if you make a competition where you go into some tech store, buy a bunch of stuff, and then have random subscriber contestants build an entire gaming setup only out of those items. The best setup wins and whoever has the best setup gets to keep the setup.