11th gen or just 10th cheaper

Hunlight

Budget (including currency): 700~

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Hunt showdown, Path of exile, AAA titles. Possible occasional streaming sessions. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Im thinking if 11th gen even worth, its around 100eur more expensive than 10700kf and + mobo is more expensive too, and latest tests shows not so great performance. Maybe changes after some patching or smth?

If not, then here what I put up at the moment:

image.png.2beb4f38564f31ba636d7585981ff55e.png

I still have my ram from current build - 

Patriot Viper 4 DDR4 32GB KIT (2x16GB) 3200Mhz CL16-16-16-36
and my PSU -

EVGA SUPER NOVA 750W

Have my pc case - FRACTAL DESIGN Define R5 Titanium I love it may re use too but really want smth with better airflow now, those lian-li lancool cases looks great.

So please let me know if what I choose is okay and if I need to change my psu or rams (gpu will be 3080 when prices drop)

The M22 water-cooler is underperforming if you plan to OC the CPU. I'd personally would go for 60€ cheaper 10700F and a good air-cooler. Matter of preference though.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

The M22 water-cooler is underperforming if you plan to OC the CPU. I'd personally would go for 60€ cheaper 10700F and a good air-cooler. Matter of preference though.

Im doing OC, not super avesome 5.5 or smth u know, but just around 4.8 mby 4.9 so it wouldnt drop lower. what cooler can u sugget then? I really want water cooling this time around to try smth new.

Just now, TrigrH said:

Just buy a ryzen 3700x.

no thanks, using 3600, want to try intel for the first time in like what 5 years or about that.

5 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

Im doing OC, not super avesome 5.5 or smth u know, but just around 4.8 mby 4.9 so it wouldnt drop lower. what cooler can u sugget then? I really want water cooling this time around to try smth new.

https://www.dateks.lv/en/cenas/procesoru-gaisa-dzesetaji/491827-gelid-phantom-black

It should perform better than the M22

Edit: ah, you insisted water cooling.

I edit my posts more often than not

Just now, TrigrH said:

waste of money

I have issues with my 3600, or mby its mobo, Im just bored of constant issues with ryzen I had, same was wit h1600 constant issues, so dont want to bother anymore. doesnt really matter, thread is about smth else not my life choices.

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

oh there is alot good air coolers but as I mentioned I really want watercoolling even if I overpay alittle.

maybe - 

http://www.skytech.lt/cw9060040ww-corsair-hydro-series-h100x-liquid-cooler-p-387567.html

1 minute ago, Hunlight said:

I have issues with my 3600, or mby its mobo, Im just bored of constant issues with ryzen I had, same was wit h1600 constant issues, so dont want to bother anymore. doesnt really matter, thread is about smth else not my life choices.

what issues?

Just now, TrigrH said:

what issues?

again not the thread for that, I already asked it and no one really helped to solve it. If I try to OC cpu Im getting random (rare) blue screens, ram wont go beyond 3200 but on my friends pc we were able to OC them to 3600 without any troubles. Cosntant pc crashes (rare but like once a month), stuck in windows loading screen (even after recent windows reinstall as I tried mby that would help) or on pc launch just stopps on posting black screen (like cmd) and nothing else. Some sound glitches like randomly through out the day there is  0.01second freeze for sound some times freeze for whole pc too. I already tried bunch of stuff people here suggested ALOT of different stuff, but nothing really helped. So Im done with it, thought to go for 5600x but too afraid to get same issues as before.

ram wont go beyond 3200 but on my friends pc we were able to OC them to 3600 without any troubles.

thats teh mem controler. Nothing you can do about it, some cpus have limits from the mem controler.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

again not the thread for that, I already asked it and no one really helped to solve it. If I try to OC cpu Im getting random (rare) blue screens, ram wont go beyond 3200 but on my friends pc we were able to OC them to 3600 without any troubles. Cosntant pc crashes (rare but like once a month), stuck in windows loading screen (even after recent windows reinstall as I tried mby that would help) or on pc launch just stopps on posting black screen (like cmd) and nothing else. Some sound glitches like randomly through out the day there is  0.01second freeze for sound some times freeze for whole pc too. I already tried bunch of stuff people here suggested ALOT of different stuff, but nothing really helped. So Im done with it, thought to go for 5600x but too afraid to get same issues as before.

Thats a motherboard/memory incompatibility issue. Not a ryzen issue. If you said USB connectivity issues then that would be ryzen.

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

thats teh mem controler. Nothing you can do about it, some cpus have limits from the mem controler.

Just now, TrigrH said:

Thats a motherboard/memory incompatibility issue. Not a ryzen issue. If you said USB connectivity issues then that would be ryzen.

as I said its just started when I started using Ryzen thats why I mentioned it, I know its probs some compatability but still. If I pay for smth I want to OC it to have full performance now I feel like Im limited so just going for Intel to see how it goes there. Going back to initial thread request.

maybe this cooler?

http://www.skytech.lt/cw9060040ww-corsair-hydro-series-h100x-liquid-cooler-p-387567.html

Just now, Hunlight said:

as I said its just started when I started using Ryzen thats why I mentioned it, I know its probs some compatability but still. If I pay for smth I want to OC it to have full performance now I feel like Im limited so just going for Intel to see how it goes there. Going back to initial thread request.

Get an a nice X570 motherboard and walk away. Consider ryzen 5000 after that, if your issues persist return the motherboard and buy your intel upgrade (wont happen).

The silicon lottery isn't exclusive to either brand. You might get a new Intel chip that is even worse for overclocking than your current Ryzen chip.

In my honest opinion you're wasting your money and time here, when you will see no gains or at the most, very minimal gains. Save the money for when there's a big upgrade actually worth making.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Just now, TrigrH said:

Get an a nice X570 motherboard and walk away. Consider ryzen 5000 after that, if your issues persist return the motherboard and buy your intel upgrade (wont happen).

1) its not so easy to return smth here, even if there law saying I can they will find a reason why I cant ( Idk, broken sticker or a scratch on the box xD)

2) Im already decided to go for new pc it was a while and Im just u know "want a new toy"

5600x was the first idea, but considering that incompatabiltiy issues can happen again thats why Im going with 10700k as 11k is too expensive.

2 minutes ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

The silicon lottery isn't exclusive to either brand. You might get a new Intel chip that is even worse for overclocking than your current Ryzen chip.

In my honest opinion you're wasting your money and time here, when you will see no gains or at the most, very minimal gains. Save the money for when there's a big upgrade actually worth making.

Im building new pc, its just that not getting gpu atm, just want fresh new rig (with new issues)

why people even care if I spend my money xD I ask for help to choose new parts xD

Just now, Hunlight said:

Im building new pc, its just that not getting gpu atm, just want fresh new rig (with new issues)

why people even care if I spend my money xD I ask for help to choose new parts xD

You came to the forum to ask for advice, so I gave you mine

If you really are set on getting a new Intel chip though, I'd say stay away from the 11th gen i7 and i9, but consider the i5. Or just go for 10th gen, in which case the i7 is fine. Or Ryzen 5000; it's highly unlikely that you'll see the issues you're already having on a new Ryzen CPU, so don't rule out AMD

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

1) its not so easy to return smth here, even if there law saying I can they will find a reason why I cant ( Idk, broken sticker or a scratch on the box xD)

2) Im already decided to go for new pc it was a while and Im just u know "want a new toy"

5600x was the first idea, but considering that incompatabiltiy issues can happen again thats why Im going with 10700k as 11k is too expensive.

Thats a terrible reason to upgrade, you simply need a new motherboard and maybe a windows reinstall. Strongly consider just buying a motherboard for now, even if you can't return it, sell your old hardware in two bundles or something. The potential for savings is huge.

2 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

Because we are trying to save you time and money. If you didn't want a value recommendation you would have a i9 11900k and a RTX 3090 already.

1 minute ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

You came to the forum to ask for advice, so I gave you mine

If you really are set on getting a new Intel chip though, I'd say stay away from the 11th gen i7 and i9, but consider the i5. Or just go for 10th gen, in which case the i7 is fine. Or Ryzen 5000; it's highly unlikely that you'll see the issues you're already having on a new Ryzen CPU, so don't rule out AMD

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

Thats a terrible reason to upgrade, you simply need a new motherboard and maybe a windows reinstall. Strongly consider just buying a motherboard for now, even if you can't return it, sell your old hardware in two bundles or something. The potential for savings is huge.

Because we are trying to save you time and money. If you didn't want a value recommendation you would have a i9 11900k and a RTX 3090 already.

Im thankful for suggestions dont get me wrong, just I was saving cash to get a new pc, reason is simple - kid wants a new toy to play with, nothing special. Time to time Im just buying smth for myself, cant spend all the money on my wife solely... I was saving some here some there to treat myself a new pc what Im so excited about now dont take my xmas away xD

regarding i9 and 3090 yeah if I could I would go for them but littlebit out of budget xD just a little

Even if I get new mobo and issue disappears it wont feel like smth new just fixed old, and I just want a whole new pc (mby few re-used parts ram/psu) will get new chair and monitor stand too, mby extra 4k tv on the wall, anyway.

soo as I though 11700k just not worth it. The is my parts selected okay? I found 240mm new cooler as someone suggested 120mm is too small. And also my rams should be fine for intel ?

30 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

no thanks, using 3600, want to try intel for the first time in like what 5 years or about that.

That's not a very wise choice.. At this point, I would only recommend Ryzen 5000 series, if you can get it. The only thing from Intel that's good right now is the Tiger-lake mobile platform. 

Get AMD now, try Intel when they switch to 3nm in a few years. (they've placed the largest 3nm order in the history of wafer orders)

Wouldn't be wrong to go with Intel if it were faster or more efficient.. It's neither. AMD is ahead now.. and buying Intel just for the sake of it doesn't seem like a good choice at all.

10 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

That's not a very wise choice.. At this point, I would only recommend Ryzen 5000 series, if you can get it. The only thing from Intel that's good right now is the Tiger-lake mobile platform. 

Get AMD now, try Intel when they switch to 3nm in a few years. (they've placed the largest 3nm order in the history of wafer orders)

Wouldn't be wrong to go with Intel if it were faster or more efficient.. It's neither. AMD is ahead now.. and buying Intel just for the sake of it doesn't seem like a good choice at all.

aaaaaaaaaaaa, everyone says to go amd but Im really worried I will hit same issues again and Im so f bored of them I Want to OC my cpy and OC my ram, it was so easy back in the days why its so complicated now xD

lets say I will think about it, but then for the same 700 eur price as here:

image.png.c68a6a691c03423f8631eee138ec97d3.png

what can I get from aMD 5000, saving liquid cooler (can be different but liquid just want it), price for cpu 5600x is the same 300-340 in that range, mobo depends. suggest please.

I would imagine you could buy a better SSD than WD blue for that price? I don't know your market but something like Corsair MP510 or Kingston KC2500? 

4 minutes ago, RapidDevil said:

I would imagine you could buy a better SSD than WD blue for that price? I don't know your market but something like Corsair MP510 or Kingston KC2500? 

960gb is 160eur cheapest so almost double the price (almost) (corsair)
and kingston is 150eur for 1tb