11th gen or just 10th cheaper

Hunlight
11 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

960gb is 160eur cheapest so almost double the price (almost) (corsair)
and kingston is 150eur for 1tb

Wow. My country has been known as 'rip off Britain' for many years. To think that our market seems cheaper than most is a new thing. 

3 minutes ago, RapidDevil said:

Wow. My country has been known as 'rip off Britain' for many years. To think that our market seems cheaper than most is a new thing. 

here is list sorted by price

image.png.f5fac290f890841ddd1c241c7a73a37a.png

cant see anything special thats why went with good old WD

Any tips regarding MOBO ? b550 Tomahawk looks good, x570 kind of expensive. but what real benefit of 5600x vs 10700k, ryzen will cost even more at the moment out here, is it really better choice?

7 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

here is list sorted by price

image.png.f5fac290f890841ddd1c241c7a73a37a.png

cant see anything special thats why went with good old WD

Any tips regarding MOBO ? b550 Tomahawk looks good, x570 kind of expensive. but what real benefit of 5600x vs 10700k, ryzen will cost even more at the moment out here, is it really better choice?

In all honesty I'm not up to date on 11th gen vs Ryzen 5xxx 

All I would say is that if you go for 10th gen, you will need a Z series board, otherwise power to CPU and RAM capability will be limited. That's the issue with intel, you have to factor in the more expensive mobo. 

1 minute ago, RapidDevil said:

In all honesty I'm not up to date on 11th gen vs Ryzen 5xxx 

All I would say is that if you go for 10th gen, you will need a Z series board, otherwise power to CPU and RAM capability will be limited. That's the issue with intel, you have to factor in the more expensive mobo. 

I already picked up z mobo and its still same/ cheaper as 5600x is 20-30 eur more expensive than 10700kf

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

A2000 is better

A2000, hmm okay, will pick it then.

How about cooler that corsair is fine or smth else is better?

image.png.f04da628baa6f51bef479dc2b971c641.png

Here is prices, AMD is a little more expensive, what do u think guys 5600x is really worth it over 10700kf ?

1 minute ago, Hunlight said:

deepcool? wasnt it very bad? I remember researching them few years ago and everyone here said def not deepcool (cheap ones at least) ? Is it better than that corsair ?

i think you're thinking of enermax

Just now, TrigrH said:

i think you're thinking of enermax

not too sure remember it was deepcool 240 mby different model as it was 2-3 years ago, but everyone was raging about it being bad and saying dont go for it xD

It depends on the type of games you play weather to go with 10 or 11 gen.

With vanilla AAA games they will run about the same. 

The i7 11700k has much higher IPC and that gives it an advantage in building and modded games.  So with it you would be able to add more content to games like Space Engineers before it became a stuttering mess. With MSFS you could add more DLCs/payed mods before it became unplayable.  

If you don't play or don't plan to play these types of games don't bother with 11th gen.

As for SSDs I use Crucial P1s. I have a Samsung 970 EVO and the P1s perform about the same in games. 

For my 5800x build I used a Corsair P600(PCIe 4) and it runs about the same as the P1 in games but cost $70 more. 

11 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

Here is prices, AMD is a little more expensive, what do u think guys 5600x is really worth it over 10700kf ?

To compete with a Ryzen 5000 CPU the i7 will have to have an all core 5ghz overclock and that means a larger cooler.  Then at 1440p and 4k it will beat or meet a stock Ryzen but at 1080p it will still be behind. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

2 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

not too sure remember it was deepcool 240 mby different model as it was 2-3 years ago, but everyone was raging about it being bad and saying dont go for it xD

the deepcool AIOs are awesome, really high quality, cheap fans though, replace with these:

http://www.skytech.lt/acfan00133a-arctic-acfan00133a-arctic-fan-p12-pwm-blacktransparent-p-455242.html

Just now, TrigrH said:

the deepcool AIOs are awesome, really high quality, cheap fans though, replace with these:

http://www.skytech.lt/acfan00133a-arctic-acfan00133a-arctic-fan-p12-pwm-blacktransparent-p-455242.html

out of stock tho.

image.png.c0718cb5263ccdbcc11221cbaff120ce.png

fine, amd to go, mby will be lucky this time

sooo this MOBO should be fine? Tomahawk was always nice and this one has some nice specs.

I still have my ram from current build - 

Patriot Viper 4 DDR4 32GB KIT (2x16GB) 3200Mhz CL16-16-16-36
and my PSU -

EVGA SUPER NOVA 750W

those should fit in good ye <<

1 hour ago, TrigrH said:

I have two Fractal Design Dynamic GP-14 fan sitting in my case right now (front/back from the case)

maybe they are better than those << I linked so I can pyt them up on the AIO and use two/three of either one I linked as PC airflow fans?

Okay last check before ordering, will fall for all of your suggestions and will go AMD (again) hope will not get any issues as before:

I decided to stick with RAM/PSU/Case I have now, those are:

Patriot Viper 4 DDR4 32GB KIT (2x16GB) 3200Mhz CL16-16-16-36

EVGA SUPER NOVA 750W

fractal design r5

those extra fans are to switch the one from deepcool as people here said those can be "noisy"

image.png.55895f4f3d89e60b0cd0ba8d0cdd91a8.png

7 hours ago, Hunlight said:

aaaaaaaaaaaa, everyone says to go amd but Im really worried I will hit same issues again and Im so f bored of them I Want to OC my cpy and OC my ram, it was so easy back in the days why its so complicated now xD

lets say I will think about it, but then for the same 700 eur price as here:

image.png.c68a6a691c03423f8631eee138ec97d3.png

what can I get from aMD 5000, saving liquid cooler (can be different but liquid just want it), price for cpu 5600x is the same 300-340 in that range, mobo depends. suggest please.

Here's my take on it. AMD knows it is better now, and they charge premium. If Intel doesn't respond, it'll only get worse. 5600X is a great CPU, and even thought you can't OC it very much since AMD is already red-lining it, you can do a bunch of memory tuning if you know how. It's a whole OC-ing area that I haven't touched yet, but RAM OC-ing and infinity fabric OC-ing is sth you should definitely do if you're into that stuff.. Gamers Nexus got idk.. 7% more out of their CPU just from that.

Now - Intel is trying to get rid of their 10th gen ASAP, so when the stock goes out, you won't be able to buy them anymore. They have a bunch of unsold 11th gen parts the aren't selling very well because it's.. well, stupid - and even though I do no recommend buying Intel 10th gen, I've gotten my i7-10875H - a mobile version of desktop i7-10700 to run very efficiently with an undervolt. You wouldn't believe - I've done a few topics, take a look.. It depends what your goals are with it.

10700KF is generally a lower quality binned 8-core part, and I don't expect it to overclock past 5.0ghz. Maybe 5.1 all core. Perhaps you can get it to overclock to 5.2-5.3, if you do per-core overclocking. Sky's the limit really.. 

23 hours ago, TrigrH said:

Get an a nice X570 motherboard and walk away. Consider ryzen 5000 after that, if your issues persist return the motherboard and buy your intel upgrade (wont happen).

sorry for the ping, u mentioned to try x570 board as it my issues may have been related to compatibility. can you suggest a few boards, I may try getting that before getting full 5600x setup. but again x570 will require bios update to use with 3600x? and x570 are kind of expensive hmm. anyway please suggest a few boards I could check out. 

P.S. preferably smth similar to b550 tomahawk i nterms of functionality and components (like better audio, 6+usb, etc)

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Nope, check the CPU support list on the mobo page but they should all work.

I think I saw that video before, (will check it again in a moment) I remember praise aorus one, I have b550 aorus pro or whatever it got and cant say its great xD theres so much difference in them (b550 vs x570?)

45 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

not much difference

damn those are super expensive, even b550 tomahawk I was looking at was around 190eur which is already was close to my limit for MOBO xD hmmmm, not sure can get one as cheapest form the video is around 250-320eur here. with not 100% possibility of fixing the issue its quite alot for one pc part.