11th gen or just 10th cheaper

Hunlight
1 minute ago, Hunlight said:

Actually my bad, checked wrong Asus board, the one x570-p is actually 190eur which is same as b550 tomahawk.

question only is if tomahawk which is top b550 is not by any chance better than low end x570?

http://www.skytech.lt/prime-x570p-asus-prime-x570p-atx-p-455263.html

http://www.skytech.lt/b550m-provdh-msi-b550m-provdh-processor-family-amd-processor-socket-am4-ddr4-mem-p-536882.html

this is good value option

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

oh everything under 200 is fine that is why I was going to get b550 tomahawk as it is quite good, thats why Im not sure if x570 primer isbetter than tomahawk.

btw found few fans for mentioned deepcool liquid 240 as someone mentioned their fans are terrible.

http://www.skytech.lt/mfxb2d218npar1-case-fan-240mmmfxb2d218npar1-cooler-master-p-503702.html

dont really need rgb but saw few tests saying its decent or do I look for smth else.

4 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

oh everything under 200 is fine that is why I was going to get b550 tomahawk as it is quite good, thats why Im not sure if x570 primer isbetter than tomahawk.

btw found few fans for mentioned deepcool liquid 240 as someone mentioned their fans are terrible.

http://www.skytech.lt/mfxb2d218npar1-case-fan-240mmmfxb2d218npar1-cooler-master-p-503702.html

dont really need rgb but saw few tests saying its decent or do I look for smth else.

look on another website for fans maybe, there isnt many good options

Just now, TrigrH said:

look on another website for fans maybe, there isnt many good options

best shop around here all other places have much higher prices (usually). there is few other shops - www.1a.lt is second place I would look for but not sure what to look for as never knew which fans are good or not.

and regarding those mobos so do I get cheap x570 or expensive b550 ? usually people suggest to go for expensive b550 but not sure in my case.

Just now, Hunlight said:

best shop around here all other places have much higher prices (usually). there is few other shops - www.1a.lt is second place I would look for but not sure what to look for as never knew which fans are good or not.

and regarding those mobos so do I get cheap x570 or expensive b550 ? usually people suggest to go for expensive b550 but not sure in my case.

expensive b550 or this http://www.skytech.lt/x570-aorus-elite-gigabyte-x570-aorus-elite-am4-p-455902.html

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

hmm, will check the mobo list out here in the forum to compare those two, still hesitant to get another aorus after having trouble with mine.

oh nice, hmm will grab pair of those fans then, but just to know, those deepcool default fans really that bad ?

Just now, Hunlight said:

hmm, will check the mobo list out here in the forum to compare those two, still hesitant to get another aorus after having trouble with mine.

oh nice, hmm will grab pair of those fans then, but just to know, those deepcool default fans really that bad ?

since the fans are a separate store, try with the deepcool fans first.

Just now, TrigrH said:

true, will do that, they cant be sooo terrible to replace them instantly, will just see for myself if they are that bad,

mobo vrm list shows tomahawk b550 in S tier and x570 prime in B tier, so I think will stick to the tomahawk, just overall bulky b550 with all the possible features.

Order done, got tomahawk b550 and that deepcool cooler, as well as adata s50 1tb nvme (found it in tier list out here on forum). will stay with my 3600 and same rams for now, see how it goes.

On 4/6/2021 at 3:09 PM, Iloveunisuj said:

your psu will be fine for the 3080, and for the case i would say go for the lian li lancool because i also think its great.

If you insist on going water cooling then i would go with something like  NZXT Kraken X53 or the  Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT which i personally recommend. but these coolers cost about 120 to 110 dollars. 

also i made a build for you if you wanted it with all the part u wanted and that i suggested with an additional 2tb hard drive for storing your games.

Link: 

oh thanks alot for suggestions. I already waiting for delivery tho, went with amd again, got no cpu for now, hope that new mobo will fix the compatibility issues. got b550 tomahawk and deepcool 240 v2 and also adata s50 1tb nvme. Should arrive today. Regarding case I think will change mine to lianli one day as I also think those are very nice, but for now will clean up my fractal design r5 and use it further, maybe will get a few extra fans after installing new mobo and checking how many fan heads I got free.

On 4/6/2021 at 2:29 PM, TrigrH said:

yeee, so I set it all up, had some issues with nvme it was bending when I mount heatsink on it, just did not screw it up to the end and it is more or less okay, bends mby just a little. ( I tried to remove that nvme plate with logo but was not able it stuck there to death :D) it works, so let it be. AIO, now I get what people meant when said fans are loud :D, they are veeeeery loud xD tried to adjust in bios a little but when they hit around 900-1000 rpm they are like car engine xD will see how it goes maybe will change for smth else, setup was confusing as theres 2 cables from pump 4 from fans and you need to make all that connection chain my brain hurts now :D. There was a moment when I heard some kind of noise "like zzzzzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzz..." not sure if those are fans or maybe MOBO sound for smth Idk, as it was only once need to test more to see if and when it occurs.

temps are btw - 

gtx 1080ti (after clean and changing termo paste) 54 idle (cant remember what it was before)
cpu - 34~ idle, jumps to 50~ on small load (steam game download/install, cpu usage 50-70%)

3 hours ago, Hunlight said:

yeee, so I set it all up, had some issues with nvme it was bending when I mount heatsink on it, just did not screw it up to the end and it is more or less okay, bends mby just a little. ( I tried to remove that nvme plate with logo but was not able it stuck there to death :D) it works, so let it be.

image.png.547dde87adc7fe98b6ce758bf7f748b5.png 

AIO, now I get what people meant when said fans are loud :D, they are veeeeery loud xD tried to adjust in bios a little but when they hit around 900-1000 rpm they are like car engine xD will see how it goes maybe will change for smth else, setup was confusing as theres 2 cables from pump 4 from fans and you need to make all that connection chain my brain hurts now :D.

The pump has two wires which both can be connected straight to the motherboard if you want: 

-3pin DC pump control. (connect to AIO_pump or CPU_FAN2)

- (optional) 4pin 12v RGB (once adapter is connected)

Each fan has two cables which for the fans can be plugged together using the included cable then connected to CPU_FAN1

- 4pin PWM for the fan

- (optional) 3pin for the RGB

There was a moment when I heard some kind of noise "like zzzzzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzz..." not sure if those are fans or maybe MOBO sound for smth Idk, as it was only once need to test more to see if and when it occurs.

The water moving around the AIO for the first time, its fine.

6 hours ago, TrigrH said:

image.png.547dde87adc7fe98b6ce758bf7f748b5.png 

The pump has two wires which both can be connected straight to the motherboard if you want: 

-3pin DC pump control. (connect to AIO_pump or CPU_FAN2)

- (optional) 4pin 12v RGB (once adapter is connected)

Each fan has two cables which for the fans can be plugged together using the included cable then connected to CPU_FAN1

- 4pin PWM for the fan

- (optional) 3pin for the RGB

The water moving around the AIO for the first time, its fine.

I do not understand what the picture shows 😄 pretty much same thing no ? I removed middle stand as shown on RIGHT so my nvme popped 20 degrees up (its normal as far as I know) and then I jsut used tomahawk heatsink to screw it up on top to the "80" stand, and coz heatsink thermalpad is so massive and thick it pends nvme a little.

regarding fans they work I set it up but it the first time in years I had to use actual manual papers to find out how 😄

ooh so that sound was fine okay, will test out today some more to see how noisy it is on load (in game) will let you know the temps and noise level if by any chance you would be interested xD (more of me wanting to share)

46 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

I do not understand what the picture shows 😄 pretty much same thing no ? I removed middle stand as shown on RIGHT so my nvme popped 20 degrees up (its normal as far as I know) and then I jsut used tomahawk heatsink to screw it up on top to the "80" stand, and coz heatsink thermalpad is so massive and thick it pends nvme a little.

regarding fans they work I set it up but it the first time in years I had to use actual manual papers to find out how 😄

ooh so that sound was fine okay, will test out today some more to see how noisy it is on load (in game) will let you know the temps and noise level if by any chance you would be interested xD (more of me wanting to share)

7 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

oh ye watched this one, its is not bend like that it is mount correct but co of thick thermalpad on tomahawk heatsink it bends it so I loosen up the screws a little, its still little bend but not as much, if its still bad only thing I can do is totaly remove tomahawk heatsink.

1 hour ago, TrigrH said:

okay so after like 30-60 min gameplay have that -

gpu temp dropped down from 84~ to 68~ (Idk why it was that igh temp paste on it was still no dry but mby too little of it, arctic 4 gave 20 degrees)

cpu tempt is around 55~ and clock stays over 4000 most of the time what never happened before always was mid 3900 xD

and in the game I play (hunt showdown) got extra 10~ fps. That was def worth the upgrade xD