Does Linus still want to tour an Intel Fab? Maybe I can help.

kernkraft

Hello everybody, first post on this website.

I was just watching "Linus "Tech Tips" Sebastian Reacts to His Top 1000 YouTube Comments | Ars Technica" and Linus mentioned he'd love to tour a TSMC or Intel Fab.

The video is 10 months old so I wasn't sure if anything has changed. I know he probably has better access to Intel's PR people than I do, but I'm an Intel fab employee

When our site specific covid restrictions are loosened I can put a request in. I think the level of approval needed is within my reach if I find the proper approach, and might work if going through corporate PR contacts failed.

6 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

@LinusTech Here you go.

Except Linus is on vacation. I'd suggest Colin instead. If he isn't fired, he's working, probably 😉

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

I would suggest both DMing @LinusTech here and contacting LMG.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Linus is back from vacation AFAIK, youtube people just lag a bit behind 😛

Fab tour would be awesome. I believe GN has been trying to do that for a while too...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I would also suggest the email/contact us route. For one, that page goes to multiple people so doesn't matter who is in or out. Furthermore, something like this will mean weeks to months of preparation. So someone having week or two off doesn't mean anything.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 4/1/2021 at 11:59 AM, kernkraft said:

Hello everybody, first post on this website.

I was just watching "Linus "Tech Tips" Sebastian Reacts to His Top 1000 YouTube Comments | Ars Technica" and Linus mentioned he'd love to tour a TSMC or Intel Fab.

The video is 10 months old so I wasn't sure if anything has changed. I know he probably has better access to Intel's PR people than I do, but I'm an Intel fab employee

When our site specific covid restrictions are loosened I can put a request in. I think the level of approval needed is within my reach if I find the proper approach, and might work if going through corporate PR contacts failed.

Sure I'd love to. Message the public-facing inbox and someone will have a look

linustechtips@gmail.com 🙂