''Obama to propose legislation to end NSA's bulk phone-record collection''

TopWargamer

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/3/24/5544516/obama-propose-law-to-end-nsa-bulk-phone-record-collection

The New York Times reports that President Obama will soon detail a legislative proposal that will "drastically overhaul" the program that saw the National Security Agency collecting bulk phone-call records of private citizens. The proposal will see the data remaining in the hands of phone companies — who would not be required to hold on to the data longer than they usually would — and kept away from the NSA unless the agency had proof a specific call had links to terrorism.

So the NSA won't be able to wiretap anymore, yet the phone carriers can keep all of that information. Um...okay...

I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. You can call me a hater all you want, but you can't trust Obama's words. I'm sorry, you just can't. He's just doing this to shut people up, but it won't change anything. The NSA will still be around and they'll be spying on us - illegally, of course. They're just gonna take more precautions to not get caught now. The only thing that would satisfy me at this point is the dissolving or liquidation of the NSA. It's all or nothing, as they say.

COMIC SANS

"we will stop recording. But we are still listening"

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

More information about a persons life can be gained from looking at their internet based metadata. Sure, the phone data would help, but it isnt going to be much use on its own. He is likely doing this based on advise from some sort of government agency trying to save face.

I feel like the NSA is a higher authority, and Obama is just saving face...

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

whats the point these bastards lie to congress any ways

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I feel like he is saying If you like your privacy, you can keep it... well... we all know how healthcare turned out....

I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. You can call me a hater all you want, but you can't trust Obama's words. I'm sorry, you just can't. He's just doing this to shut people up, but it won't change anything. The NSA will still be around and they'll be spying on us - illegally, of course. They're just gonna take more precautions to not caught now. The only thing that would satisfy me at this point is the dissolving or liquidation of the NSA. It's all or nothing, as they say.

I can respect that. Without going too political, Barack Obama - I find - is a liar, a conservative in liberal's clothing. Even if Mitt Romney won the election, he would have just done what Obama does more effectively: make the country more shit.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

I doubt they will actually stop.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

its cool guys, hes changed. 

20090917-obama-hitler-larouche.jpg

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I couldn't care less if they listen to my phone calls or not, they just have to stay out of my internet!

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

More information about a persons life can be gained from looking at their internet based metadata. Sure, the phone data would help, but it isnt going to be much use on its own. He is likely doing this based on advise from some sort of government agency trying to save face.

Reminded me immediately of.

Before-you-marry-a-person-you-should-fir