Asus unveiles new Z87 motherboards for Haswell

Damn the photo quality ain't so good want to see the deluxe version in real life from the picture it looks ugly but ROG series damn sexy

CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.2GHz RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V-PRO Graphics Card: ASUS DCUII670

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V6GT Case: Cooler Master HAF XM PSU: Corsair TX750M

Looks pretty similar to my V Gene really. The VRM heatsink looks a bit better though.

I only have the  board and PSU for a Z77 build I'm doing. I don't think ill be selling my board for Haswell though. 

| i7 3770k | Maximus V Gene | GTX 770 Lightning | 8GB Vengeance Pro 1600Mhz | Seasonic G550 |

these boards will go great with the arab prince's solid gold table and solid gold chair. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Anyone else want plain white PCB's?

Yes please. Like they used to @ Sapphire back in the day....

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

I think the z77 motherboards is better than this. In design.

Why gold? Come on. That means that we will have to spend more money matching things to the board!!

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

There still seems to be power delivery phases on the board.. The new chips dont need that right

That is probably a dumb question

Anyone else want plain white PCB's?

Will this ever happen! I'm sure it would look amazing.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

honestly i still perfer my V Formula, i like the look and intergraded waterblook

Yeah, me too. The z87 ROG range just doesn't seem to have the same awesome look. Plus the supreme fx glow looks amazing imo :)

inb4 Asus launch the Formula with a Waterblock on the northbridge and right angle usb 3.0

Character artist in the Games industry.

Wonder why the ditched the blue colour scheme.. It wasn't that bad if you covered the white parts up lolol

System Specs: AMD FX-8350, Coolermaster Hyper TX3 cooler, 8 GBs of Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600 ram, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard, ASUS Xonar DGX sounds card, ASUS wireless card, Corsair GS700 power supply, NZXT Hue, NZXT Phantom 630 black, and an ASUS Matrix 580 gpu.

If i am going to upgrade my system mobo is going to be that Gryphon it looks really intersting and case 350D. On normal series the gold theme is not so cool (own p67 deluxe, luv the colorscheme)

Does anyone know why there are vrm heatsinks? I thought haswell is supposed to have the vrm integrated in the cpu?

VGA on the deluxe board, seriously?

I have the Z77 Pro (previously P67 Evo) and it has FOUR display outputs, 2 of which are completely needless to have due to converters.  All that space that is lost could've been used for USB 2 ports, of which the board has 2.  Sure, USB 3 is backwards compatible, but the ports are too out of whack for the connectors to stay in securely, resulting my devices rapidly reconnecting if I drop a feather on the wire, seriously.

The P67 Evo was the best board I've owned so far; great median between the Pro and Deluxe boards.  Shame they discontinued it and I was forced to downgrade into a worse quality board after it failed.

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't still need a PCI slot due to my legacy sound card.(X-Fi XtremeGamer). I have no interest in buying a new sound card when I still have one that works perfectly well, and in fact I've read bad things about the PCI-E cards (Creative's forums), so I really don't want to change over.

Still; I need to hold out for the enthusiast class platform.  I'm sick of only having 4 cores.  Hopefully their boards are better by then.

b

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Does anyone know why there are vrm heatsinks? I thought haswell is supposed to have the vrm integrated in the cpu?

It's the VRM Control that's been integrated into the Haswell CPU. You still need those actual physical VRM's to provide the power to the CPU itself.

bro the controller is integrated you still need the physical hardware to convert the power to be used by the cpu

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

no hydro fusion cooler, still fan on sabertooth... going gigabyte

It's the VRM Control that's been integrated into the Haswell CPU. You still need those actual physical VRM's to provide the power to the CPU itself.

Oh ok I guess I got confused there :D

I'm surprised that only the sabertooth had a right-angle USB3 front-panel connector.. although the green colour on it is questionable too IMO..

(this really stood out to me  :unsure: )

Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Corsair H100i V2 | MSI GD65-Z77A | NZXT Tempest 410 Elite | MSI 1080Ti Gaming | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB @ 1600Mhz | 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB | Corsair RM650x

Hmm I like the ROG boards but I may have to purchase a Z77 Formula purley for the fact the ROG logo lights up!

wow! sexy design

amazing! the m-itx one is perfect!