Asus unveiles new Z87 motherboards for Haswell

true but it doesn't make sense from a business standpoint to go boom here us everything at launch no?

Yup but this pretty much the models that they expect to sell the most. Would love to see a ROG mini-ITX board though.

I wasn't surprised by the ROG ones seeing what my Maximus V Formula comes with. There's pretty much nothing new at all. The Z77 line looks better to me in terms of aesthetics.

Nothing special on the Sabertooth, I kind of like the Gryphon idea.

As for the rest, I love the Back/Gold Yellow theme having owned a few ESC boards in the past.

I wasn't surprised by the ROG ones seeing what my Maximus V Formula comes with. There's pretty much nothing new at all. The Z77 line looks better to me in terms of aesthetics.

Nothing special on the Sabertooth, I kind of like the Gryphon idea.

As for the rest, I love the Back/Gold Yellow theme having owned a few ESC boards in the past.

are u kidding :P

The ROG boards look awesome!

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

are u kidding :P

The ROG boards look awesome!

But they practically didn't change much aesthetic wise so.. nothing surprising.

Not that they look bad, cause they look awesome :P

But they practically didn't change much aesthetic wise so.. nothing surprising.

Not that they look bad, cause they look awesome :P

ohhhhh ok..... yeah i agree they didn't change much :P but I thought you meant you didn't like the look of them....... like no :angry:   ;)

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

I really hope it is two ethernet ports I see there on the Deluxe board, though I had hoped for two ports on the ROG board

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Probably from the gold colored ones that would match his gold water block, gold fittings, and gold reservoir.

He only has a gold CPU waterblock, nothing else is gold. Anyway, I doubt its the colour scheme, he was really fussy with his motherboard selection (not saying its a bad thing), plus he isn't going to upgrade any time soon.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

He only has a gold CPU waterblock, nothing else is gold. Anyway, I doubt its the colour scheme, he was really fussy with his motherboard selection (not saying its a bad thing), plus he isn't going to upgrade any time soon.

Actually, he got his hands on a gold reservoir from Phobya. He did an unboxing of it and it might still be at his place. Not sure about the fittings though.

Actually, he got his hands on a gold reservoir from Phobya. He did an unboxing of it and it might still be at his place. Not sure about the fittings though.

Yep, but that wasn't for his rig. He is using the T-Virus.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Yep, but that wasn't for his rig. He is using the T-Virus.

I'm not saying he will use them. I just gave a possible reason as to why Linus was excited about the ASUS Haswell motherboards.

Dunno why so many have their panties in a bunch over the gold scheme. I love it, easily even better than the ROG look.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I wonder whatever happened to this:
ASUS-Zeus-7.jpg

This was shown during last year's Computex I believe.

No thermo fusion heatsinks?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

why not a standard now D: so disappointing 

Character artist in the Games industry.

My only complaint about the Sabertooth is that bloody chipset fan. Or, I should say the chipset fan whenever it decides to eventually die, make a hell of a lot of noise before doing so. What happened to passive? At least it means I could likely put a noctua on it I suppose.

why not a standard now D: so disappointing 

Maybe they're redesigning it to improve performance? Or they've noticed too many people switching it out for 3rd party blocks?

Maybe they're redesigning it to improve performance? Or they've noticed too many people switching it out for 3rd party blocks?

Probably the opposite. Too few people used it to watercool.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

It's a good thing I stuck with my z77 I deluxe that I got for my mini gaming machine because that mini itx board is ugly. But I.do.want the performance of haswell :-(

Probably the opposite. Too few people used it to watercool.

Probably. Or not many water coolers liked it that much since you are basically fixed to a barb fitting and a certain tubing size. I know a few friends that replaced it for EK's water block.

honestly i still perfer my V Formula, i like the look and intergraded waterblook

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

It's a good thing I stuck with my z77 I deluxe that I got for my mini gaming machine because that mini itx board is ugly

To each his own, I can't wait to frisbee my P8Z77-I Deluxe into a new HTPC build and upgrade my main to this awesome fingerlickin' pimpin' motherboard. Then I can have SIX SSDs in Raid 0 in my Prodigy *highfive*

And like anything else with gold finish, it'll look better in person.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I swear from that teaser with the M&Ms that the PCIe slots were going to be all black for the Deluxe board, and I was hoping the rest of the boards would be the same. We really don't

need colored PCI slots anymore.

To each his own, I can't wait to frisbee my P8Z77-I Deluxe into a new HTPC build and upgrade my main to this awesome fingerlickin' pimpin' motherboard. Then I can have SIX SSDs in Raid 0 in my Prodigy *highfive*

And like anything else with gold finish, it'll look better in person.

Haha I would be up for that. I have no problem with the color just prefer the blue. But I want 6 ssd's for my prodigy :(

Why did they name the 2nd ROG mobo Hero? Formula sounded so much better :( The black/gold color scheme looks a bit too flashy for my taste as well.