Asus unveiles new Z87 motherboards for Haswell

All of the SATA ports are the same color so it looks like they finally did all SATA III ports.

I'm a huge fan of the Sabertooth line for the clean aesthetics, but, with the recent unveiling of ASRock's Purity Sound that includes an on-board 600-ohm headphone amp and 115dB SNR DAC, I'm seriously considering going for my first ASRock board with the launch of Z87 and Haswell. Not only are ASRock boards more affordable in general, the Purity Sound may save me ~$180 on the ASUS Xonar Essence STX I was thinking about purchasing. That said, it all depends on the aesthetics of ASRock's Z87 offerings.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Anyone else want plain white PCB's?

Definitely, we need to see some companies thinking outside the box :).

Awesome post !! You make my day ! :D

Awesome post !! You make my day ! :D

i got the post from Paul Tan on facebook

Character artist in the Games industry.

The Gold theme on the Asus Z87 Deluxe and the Asus Z87i- Deluxe M-ITX looks pretty wierd. The Wifi Go chip seems to be larger. Probably more features on the wifi card?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Yes. This will look so good on a build. Companies should make white computer parts because they look so good. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Oh yes, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a nice black PCB with white heatsinks, PCI slots, and ram slots.

Back onto topic, the TUF and ROG lines are pretty mediocre. Do like the change from Blue to Gold for ASUS' lineup. Should go nicely with Noctua fans.

Oh yes, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a nice black PCB with white heatsinks, PCI slots, and ram slots.

Back onto topic, the TUF and ROG lines are pretty mediocre. Do like the change from Blue to Gold for ASUS' lineup. Should go nicely with Noctua fans.

thats probs why they are doing a brownie gold

Aw the color on ITX - deluxe looks awful.... looks like I might have to wait and see to what evga bring out to for there ITX.

i do wish Asus would allow people to purchase the RAM covers that ship with the Sabertooth models... i want to use them to cover up the slots for when i get the Maximus VI Extreme so i can spray the whole thing black... looks like im gonna have to do it Ghetto style and Frankenstein some old RAM dimms i got lieing around instead

Isn't that a band?

Lols - Plain White Tee's?

Dat gold theme...
Not that i hate gold as a colour but i don't really see the colour scheme fitting in with anything apart from a military style build

too bad without the blue this mobo's don't match my build! need do do a new one :P

what doesn't kill me, level me up !

think you have your tags wrong, the deluxe, it says on the motherboard its a pro so

think you mean this one

and really no right angel USB 3?

ASUS-Z87I-Deluxe.jpg

also i dont know how this is related to the teaser, as you can see in the pic below the deluxe is printed under a black PCI lane where in the above pic its under a gold one. unless my theory stands and the M&M's mean you can get different colours :P

Z87_DELUXE.png

Black goes with everything, so I was under the impression that the teaser photo above meant we'd be seeing an all black PCB with all black heatsinks, PCI(e) slots, and RAM slots. Apparently, I was wrong, which comes as a huge disappointment because my rig is all about black hardware combined with white LED lighting for a simple, classy look. This gold thing is just hideous.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Really interested in the deluxe pro. shame its gold but ill have to wait and see just how gold it really is

I'm surprised by the departure from blue to gold. Other than that, fairly in line with what was expected.

You were a noob once too!

Black goes with everything, so I was under the impression that the teaser photo above meant we'd be seeing an all black PCB with all black heatsinks, PCI(e) slots, and RAM slots. Apparently, I was wrong, which comes as a huge disappointment because my rig is all about black hardware combined with white LED lighting for a simple, classy look. This gold thing is just hideous.

Yea, I was hoping the deluxe was all black, with probably a few hints of silver or white.

The way how they put gold on almost everything it looks cheesy IMO.

Blood-Box (Current) - 4790K @ 4.4GHz 1.175v | MSI Z97M GamingMSI R9 290 TF | 16GB ADATA XPG v1.0 CL9 | patiently waiting on the CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 3 | Corsair RM650 | Noctua NH-U12S | OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD

Feishi (Gift to my bro) - 4770K @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte Z87 UD5H | Gigabyte GTX 760 WFx3 2.0 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 CL9 | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-C14 | Seagate 2TB HDD

Can't wait until Haswell gets released. Building a new computer this summer and can't wait to see how the new CPUs and Mobos perform!

well the teaser is fake then, it doesnt mean anything... they are clearly different colours... so yea is abit of a disappointment...

Pooped my pants.

YEAAAAAAAAAH. That thing is WILD. Not only did they retain the daughterboard, they made it with SIX SATA PORTS!

I will literally shit bricks all day.

Now I can retire my Z77 board and use the golden chip 3570K in my home server :) Overkill.

Edit: Though it's bloody terrible that they went with an already-integrated Wi-Fi AGAIN, instead of just an empty PCIe x4. Dumbass ASUS. There always have to be a catch!!!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

raid 10 my friend, the more drives you add into a raid 0 array the more risky it gets, your better off with a raid 10 so you get good speed with good redundancy in my opinon though to each their own i suppose

I have a large NAS backing up all but my OS SSD's so that doesn't concern me that much.