Asus unveiles new Z87 motherboards for Haswell

Hmm nice, kinda suprised that they choose to use gold for their more standard boards, but its nice to see a M-ATX sabertooth though, might go for that for my LAN rig...  

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

NOthing Impressing_I think its better to skip the haswell_10-20% is not that worth it if you ask me

Would love to see some pricing.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

Anyone else want plain white PCB's?

MEE! White PCB motherboard with blue heatsinks...mmmmm

And a white or blue PCB GPU

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Haswell is only going to improve performance by like 5-10%. Its a large improvement in terms of instruction sets, but with the actual physical improvements, its pretty much the same. It has a higher TDP, so there will be better overclocks, and It will better utilize the power Its given. I've seen rumors that Haswell can be overclocked to up to 8 ghz, bcause it only has a baseclock multiplyer of 80x, which means that it will get better overclock because there us a limit on the overclock. I am exited for Haswell, and I will possible incorporate it in my build this summer. That or sandy bridge e, because ivy bridge is not going to be released till sept, as it is rumored.

- winny :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

dont forget that Haswell will be DDR4 compatible...

Character artist in the Games industry.

The gryphon sucks :( I was hoping in some nice blue-themed board... this just sucks... And where is watercooled formula?

If you do the math, it doesn't work like that if they want to keep it within the ATX/EATX spec.

This is why I miss XL-ATX.

I wonder why they renamed the Maximus formula to Maximus Hero...

PC Specs:

CPU: i7-3770k OC @ 4.4GHz                       Graphics: MSI GTX 670 PE              SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB                    Case: Cooler Master Haf X      Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16gb 2x8gb 1600 mhz

MotherBoard: Asus Maximus V formula      Optical: Asus 24x DVD Burner        HDD: x2 Seagate Barracuda 3TB        PSU: Corsair AX850             Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

i'n a bit bored by thier design, the last generations look all the same

And this new gold look is quite disgusting... :D

I'm so dissappointed. Maximus VI looks horrid compared to Maximus V. The Hero doesn't even have the breathing ROG lighting. There's no FusionThermo either. The heatsink is boring looking. Jesus christ. The Gigabyte G1 Killer looks so much more beefy. I'm a ROG fanboy and want to have a Z87 ROG in my build(ongoing) but oh well...hope Asus has something good to compensate us with.

dont forget that Haswell will be DDR4 compatible...

What makes you say that? I read somewhere that it will still use ddr3 clocks from 3000mhz or so if am not mistaken

Just in time to be upgrading from a 6 year old laptop and not having a desktop pc. Ha. :P
Other than that, looking forward to the new boards. Been wondering if you could fit the tuf armor on another board, I personally don't like the color scheme on their tuf motherboards.

Haswell-E is completely different from Haswell.

yh im half asleep at the moment, i googled and linked without reading

Character artist in the Games industry.

where did the ThermoFuzion go ?

I would have thought that it would still be there on the RoG boards....bad move.

I don't like the designs, sticking with the Maximus V Gene for My next build.

Haswell won't support DDR4...Even if the ram controller would, they won't bring boards with DDR4.

Haswell-EX may be the first chip to bring ddr4

Personally, I'm waiting if ASUS or any AIB partner of Intel will be releasing a refresh of the X79 boards for IB-E. Haswell is boss though for having 6x Intel SATA 6Gbps ports native. I'd do a single Raid 0 using all 6 of those ports.

raid 10 my friend, the more drives you add into a raid 0 array the more risky it gets, your better off with a raid 10 so you get good speed with good redundancy in my opinon though to each their own i suppose

Do I see VGA on the deluxe board...? :o C'mon Asus...

Edit: On second thoughts, it's the Pro that's has VGA output, not the Deluxe.

Imaging a plain white PCB with all black components or black and red.... O.O

They look good, but I think what's important is the price.

EDIT:

And it looks like the Maximus VI Hero no longer has the watercooling option for the VRM nor the glowing ROG light... (I know they had no performance benefit but they looked pretty cool :P )

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife