Corsair Introduces Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower Case

4960X

damn i really want a smaller version of the clean looking 550D

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I was sure I was going to buy a black NZXT H440... now this... I have no idea

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

I want this... So bad...

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

its so hard now, oh and im having issues figuring out what case i want and how this comes -.- made it even harder

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I just don't get the hype around this case. Yes, it has some neat features, but there are plenty of better options out there at the same and even lower price point. 

It just seems that because it carries a Corsair badge all of the sudden everybody starts fapping over it like it's the "best thing ever" 

But to each his own I guess

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Not really a fan of the top, but hey, you can't always have everything.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Finally a normal sized ATX case which beats the R4.

360 Rad in the top :D

niceeeeeeee

Like it very much.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

I was sure I was going to buy a black NZXT H440... now this... I have no idea

The H440 is still better. It looks sexier, it's quieter, has about the same rad options and it's probably cheaper (Corsair thinks their cases are worth more than they really are).

damn i really want a smaller version of the clean looking 550D

550D master race, join us

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

If only they made the front cleaner like the other obsidian cases :(

i like this better, the airflow is alot better than the other obsidian cases, its still a beautifull case

(source: http://be.hardware.info/reviews/5299/6/corsair-obsidian-450d-review-corsair-strikes-again-testresultaten-koeling-400-watt)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

The H440 is still better. It looks sexier, it's quieter, has about the same rad options and it's probably cheaper (Corsair thinks their cases are worth more than they really are).

I do agree the H440 looks better, I just need to restrain myself, Nowhere here in the UK has the black h440 until early May, both cases are priced between £90-95 so price would not be a deciding factor between them both. The H440 does look beautiful in every build I have seen 

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

I just don't get the hype around this case. Yes, it has some neat features, but there are plenty of better options out there at the same and even lower price point. 

It just seems that because it carries a Corsair badge all of the sudden everybody starts fapping over it like it's the "best thing ever" 

But to each his own I guess

Once you go Corsair, you never go back. :P

Really though, it seems like they design their cases to look good and be functional together. They really have some little touches that you grow to like.

They also have a style that even non-techies can appreciate, which I can relate to. There are quite a few little touches that makes it look great. Examples are, they way the PSU sits in the case, slotting perfectly under the PCI covers, making it look like a single piece; things seem to be perfectly measure out, like the rear exhaust fan not overhanging and you can see its sides through the window; even things like great looking thumbscrews (just a few little things I can point out looking at my 300R). I'm sure, if @Corsair George see that, he can comment if its intentional or not. :)

That's the Corsair touch I've grow to like while only having one of their lower end case.

It looks nice, but I'd rather get the H440.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

Once you go Corsair, you never go back. :P

Well, that statement is wrong because I actually replaced my 500R with my Define R4. :P

Again, I'm not going to say that Corsair products are bad, because they aren't, but they used to be better. Not to mention that companies like Fractal Design, NZXT and BitFenix all have come into the market, offering a lot of the stuff that Corsair simply doesn't, because from my understanding Corsair doesn't offer a fan controller with their cases, at least not with the Obsidian (their PREMIUM branch!) and that's something the others do, and there is a reason, why they equip their cases with these. Now, of course, I do understand that some people (probably you included) might not care that much about stuff like this, but I'm sure that a lot of people WOULD appreciate this. 

In my honest opinion, Corsair are masters of marketing. They can make a shitty product look good and people will buy into that, simply because Corsair has been an established brand for so long and pretty much "everybody" uses Corsair and therefore people think that this is the best brand ever, but it simply isn't. Again, just stating my opinion here and not wanting to bash their products, because my dad uses a Corsair PSU and I've bought a 1333MHz DDR3 Memory Kit about 4 Years ago and it still runs perfect in my dad's rig. So, I do have positive experiences with Corsair, but just not in the case department. The 500R is a good case, but the overall case just felt and looked cheap in person and there are just some things that are a no - go as in advertising that the roof can accomodate for 2x 140mm, but just still have to drill the holes and then there was the lack of (good) dust filters. The 200R that my dad uses has, again, a great layout. A lot of space and it looks good. But working with it again showed a lot to be desired in the overall quality department. It all just felt really flimsy, but I might be exaggerating a little bit, because I worked with the 200R after I got my Define R4 which is (in my POV) miles ahead in the actual quality of Corsair. 

I know, it's a little longer reply, but I just wanted to make sure to give you reasons as of why I think about Corsair like that and of course to prevent any form of misunderstanding. :)

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

<snip>

Well, I do really take looks over everything for choosing a case (at least from now on). But Corsair cases got an aestetics that you can picture next to a fireplace in an expensive mansion with some slippers on your feet. :D

It just looks great (subjective, I know) with its clean lines and restrained looks.

This was announced on Corsair's website months ago........nothing new........

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

This was announced on Corsair's website months ago........nothing new........

It was just posted today on Techpowerup, guru3d etc.

It was just posted today on Techpowerup, guru3d etc.

I could have sworn that there was a thread about a month ago that talked about it. If memory serves me correct, it was a build guide and OP had the 450D selected and everyone was confused as to why someone had a selected a case that did not exist and then somebody pointed out that it was on Corsair's website. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

well

they have closed i gaps i think.

I dont think 950D will come

Now Corsair will start another series

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

well

they have closed i gaps i think.

I dont think 950D will come

Now Corsair will start another series

If they do make the 950D, it will be bigger than a refrigerator.