Assuming you use Discord, would you still use it if there was no dark mode option?

King of Memes

Would you use Discord if light mode were permanently turned on?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use Discord if light mode were permanently turned on?

I probably would, but it would hurt my eyes lol.

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

I use light mode for everything. 

Just now, RorzNZ said:

rly, wow. i could never do that

I don't care about light/dark modes, i just leave things at what ever the default is.

it does make me wonder how people that must dark mode everything, even watch videos/movie/tv or play games etc. I've seen people complain that LTT need to have a dark mode for their intro. Sure hope no one goes outside where there is a sun in any of the content they consume.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I don't care about light/dark modes, i just leave things at what ever the default is.

it does make me wonder how people that must dark mode everything, even watch videos/movie/tv or play games etc. I've seen people complain that LTT need to have a dark mode for their intro. Sure hope no one goes outside where there is a sun in any of the content they consume.

i honestly prefer dark mode for any site. Twitter, Discord, PCPP, and LTT Forums, Chrome, and Youtube. Its just much better for your eyes, at least at night, to look at something darker. But some ppl take that way to far. Read this reddit post.

25 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Old age, it's tough being into tech when you're in your 30s.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

Light mode master race reporting in.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

Sure hope no one goes outside where there is a sun in any of the content they consume.

Way ahead of ya 👌

I do my groceries at 4am in the morning because there's no queue

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I'll make it dark.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

i mean id probably just add my own dark mode if that was the case, not going to stop using discord over something that small

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Sure but I would just go for another way of getting it dark, like a 3rd party injection into Discord or use the website and make it dark.

I don't understand people's obsession with dark mode settings, I find light themes with traditional dark text to be way more comfortable to read. And when it's late at night, I just reduce the brightness of the display.

4 minutes ago, Yeroh said:

I don't understand people's obsession with dark mode settings, I find light themes with traditional dark text to be way more comfortable to read. And when it's late at night, I just reduce the brightness of the display.

ill never understand that, but thats ur opinion

1 minute ago, King of Memes said:

ill never understand that, but thats ur opinion

I find that it's pretty much impossible to stay in a dark theme when using a device anyway, since not all applications, web pages, etc. are going to be in sync. So even if you have a page that supports it, as soon as you go to Google or whereever, you're still going to get the bright background. So might as well reduce the brightness of your display to a level you're comfortable with and stick with the default light themes everywhere. That way I also barely ever use any display at full brightness, saving me a little battery as well.

1 minute ago, Yeroh said:

I find that it's pretty much impossible to stay in a dark theme when using a device anyway, since not all applications, web pages, etc. are going to be in sync. So even if you have a page that supports it, as soon as you go to Google or whereever, you're still going to get the bright background. So might as well reduce the brightness of your display to a level you're comfortable with and stick with the default light themes everywhere. That way I also barely ever use any display at full brightness, saving me a little battery as well.

oh, i managed to turn on dark mode in almost every application i use. Even in Minecraft when i pvp i use the time changer mod to make it night, its just much better on my eyes to do that.

1 minute ago, King of Memes said:

oh, i managed to turn on dark mode in almost every application i use. Even in Minecraft when i pvp i use the time changer mod to make it night, its just much better on my eyes to do that.

It's cool that you were able to find a solution that works for you, but I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle of making every application look the way I want. Plus, I think in many instances the result would be less than ideal.

1 minute ago, Yeroh said:

It's cool that you were able to find a solution that works for you, but I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle of making every application look the way I want. Plus, I think in many instances the result would be less than ideal.

yeah, but considering i do a lot of this at night, im glad ive found something that isnt an eye-sore

Considering I hate Discord, I would probably still continue to use it, if no Dark Mode existed. While I do prefer a dark mode and despise bright applications and websites, Discord is the most used form of online communication it seems these days. So long as it has a hold on the majority, I am stuck with it.

With that said, regardless of what Discord would decide to do, it really wouldn't matter. Discord is a Electron App that can be seperated and modified, due to this I use a unofficial Client known as Lightcord anyways which is easily customized/modified to my hearts content.

7 minutes ago, Yeroh said:

as soon as you go to Google or whereever, you're still going to get the bright background.

I would like to note that Google has a dark mode.

12 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Same here. I can't get used to dark mode, everything looks too different. My monitors and phones are already at a low brightness setting for my eyes anyway.

By the way, I don't use Discord.

23 minutes ago, FRD said:

Same here. I can't get used to dark mode, everything looks too different. My monitors and phones are already at a low brightness setting for my eyes anyway.

By the way, I don't use Discord.

ok, for me, light mode feels to different

I would still use it I use sites and programs regardless of dark or light mode I just prefer the dark mode 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help