Finally got my parts

WyvernAbstracts

After a few months of planning finally got my parts.

List:

CPU: fx 8320 (amd for em bbw's *wink*)

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970a

Ram: G.skill 2x4gb

Harddrive: Seagate 1tb hybrid sshd

GPU: R9 270x (was going to get the 265 but found a few extra bucs)

PSU: Cooler master v-series 550w Gold standard (someone please tell me this is enough)

Case: Corsair 200r

All up cost me $1000 usd

Unfortunately when i got the parts i forgot to check if they gave me all the parts and so then when i got home and checked i saw they never gave me the mobo so they are checking the cameras tonight and hopefully ill have it by tomorrow.

Photos to come soon. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

I hate to break it to you, but you're gonna need 1000w or more... ;) But otherwise build looks pretty good. I like the choice of a hybrid drive.

i thought 8 core amd cpus didnt work on that motherboard?

the guy at the shop said it will 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

I hate to break it to you, but you're gonna need 1000w or more... ;) But otherwise build looks pretty good. I like the choice of a hybrid drive.

He does not "need" a 1000w PSU. Please do not misinform people.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

im sure hes being sarcastic geez

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

lol, read parts as "pants". makes everything much funnier.

The build looks pretty solid btw! :)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

my cousin has that build with the same parts except for the mobo its runs games pretty solid on 1080 and he also has 550 supply no problemo whatsoever

congrats m8

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

I was kidding man... thus the winky face... 

i thought 8 core amd cpus didnt work on that motherboard?

just checked on the website and the d3p which is the one im getting supports it. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

I was kidding man... thus the winky face... 

Sorry :( mybad haha

but to be fair if he was a beginner (which he may or may not be), it might be unwise to make such comments just in case :P

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

just checked on the website and the d3p which is the one im getting supports it. 

A lot of boards "support" the fx 8 cores but that doesn't always mean it will run on them. I literally have to help people with this issue almost on a weekly basis and I just had a buddy irl buy his setup and accidentally get the Asus m5a970 that doesn't have the power phases heat synced and he burnt his board out in literally 5 days. I believe the Gigabyte 970a d3p does have the power phases heatsynced but you might want to make sure there is as much airflow over the power phases as possible.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/