Rig is crashing twice a day

• My rig with 3x 3070 and 1x 3060 Ti is crashing like shown in the picture. Sometimes once a day, sometimes 3 times a day.
  • When it crashes, I need to manually restart it and then run the rocket on hiveos website. Only then it starts working again.
  • I don't think it is internet connection, because I have tried it in two separate apartments.
  • Also I don't think it is an SSD problem, because the same is happening with a USB flash now.

What could it be? Thank you.

Screenshot_2021-03-10-19-28-49-844_com.android.chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, MS1993 said:
  • My rig with 3x 3070 and 1x 3060 Ti is crashing like shown in the picture. Sometimes once a day, sometimes 3 times a day.
  • When it crashes, I need to manually restart it and then run the rocket on hiveos website. Only then it starts working again.
  • I don't think it is internet connection, because I have tried it in two separate apartments.
  • Also I don't think it is an SSD problem, because the same is happening with a USB flash now.

What could it be? Thank you.

Screenshot_2021-03-10-19-28-49-844_com.android.chrome.jpg

How many power supplies do you have running, are they old ones ore brand new premium ones?

Could it be GPU(s) overheating? The slopes at the end of those lines make me think the GPU is thermal throttling.

What wattage is your PSU(s)? Could you be using too much power for your PSU to handle? Running all 4 cards at 100% would use ~860W (more if it's an AIB model), and with the CPU needing power as well you could be looking at over 900W.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

• Thank you both so far.
  • I have added a picture with more info. Temperatures are like that constantly. Fan speeds are fixed.
  • PSU is 2 months old. FSP Hydro PTM Pro 1000W 80 Plus Platinum.

IMG-4b5e9965fe0c2d8d08bd3c4b342f8b94-V.jpg

I'm assuming you are using riser cards for this rig. Below is how i fix mine when there is random crashes that don't seem to make any sense.

Check the 12v wire going to the riser cards. that one usually melts and creates a short if you're drawing too much power. Inspect the molex plug area where it connects to the riser card that is usually where it melts and breaks. Although one time it did melt on the PSU side. Feel the cable near the plug and see if its silky smooth like it was brand new or if its stiff or loose feeling. sometimes its only still held in place by the force of the other wires holding it there but its completely disconnected and creating shorts. Also look at the color is it bright yellow still, or is it turning brown or black?

• 4 weeks later...

@airborne spoon

Thank you for the info.

Today I simply changed all risers to the new 009S-PLUS versions. I also enabled hashrate watchdog in the HiveOS and it looks like it can manualy restart the rig instead of me, if he detects the hashrate drop. So we shall see how it does in the next few days. 🙂