Did Asus killed PG32UQX and replace it with PG32UQ?

Hardware Guy
On 4/11/2021 at 3:13 AM, jasonvp said:

I'm not sure you're quite understanding the purpose behind this display.  It's primarily aimed at the hyper-enthusiast gamer that can push 4K/144FPS.  It's unarguably the perfect form factor for a desktop 4K display: 32".  Much smaller and you're squinting.  Much larger and you're either staring only at the center of the screen, or you've got a super-deep desk that most of us don't have.

The HDR1400 doesn't hurt at all.

This isn't primarily for media consumption.  It's primarily for gaming.  If you want to game on a laggy OLED, 4' diagonal TV, have at it man.  But this guy has the GSync module (IOW it's all in hardware) along with the fast refresh, high resolution, and HDR.

The cost is the FALD, the HDR1400 cert, and of course the GSync hardware.

I am a hyper enthusiast I have a 3090 and I want 4k 144hz at 32 inch so I'm getting the PG32UQ which has everything the UQX has apart from HDR1400.

my point is the UQX is a bad value because I could get a PG32UQ Plus a 48 inch OLED for cheaper, which will be better at hdr anyway because you wouldn't have to deal with FALD.

Another point is how many games have HDR let alone a good master I can think of one shadow of the tomb raider. Console has much better HDR masters but the UQX isn't ideal for Consoles because it doesn't have hdmi 2.1 yet the uq does.

What do you mean I isn't designed for content creation? They gave the thing a DE of less than 2, and movies are probably the best place to show of its HDR abilities because most games have hdr10 not plus so it's limited to 1000nits.

what do you mean laggy OLED? OLED has the fastest pixel response time of any panel type (before trying to make a point know what you're talking about first). Yeah 48 inch is big a you need a big desk which not everyone has but everyone doesn't have 3k to blow on a monitor. You could just put the OLED in your living room and cast your PC on to it.

On 4/11/2021 at 12:27 PM, 1ah1 said:

If the google translation is correct. It seems this monitor meets many of its spec, though there are several minor disappointing factors and some major let down. Some minor ones: 1) the input lag is 13+ ms, imaging you are playing with wireless controller, the add-up lag could be like 40ms, which is noticeable; 2) the color accuracy, in avg.3, is bit off what ASUS advertised (<= 2). A major disappointment is that when you turn the refresh rate to 144Hz, the color depth go down to 8bit + FRC from 10bit potentially due to the panel's internal circuit issue according to this article...

The last one is terrible, since if you look at the Displayport wiki page, you will find that DSC is totally capable of handling 4k 10bit 4:4:4 at 144Hz, so I believe it is a panel issue and cannot be fixed in the future... The worst case could be that 120Hz also limits the color depth to 8bit + FRC. Hopefully, this is not the case...

10 minutes ago, JacksonZH said:

If the google translation is correct. It seems this monitor meets many of its spec, though there are several minor disappointing factors and some major let down. Some minor ones: 1) the input lag is 13+ ms, imaging you are playing with wireless controller, the add-up lag could be like 40ms, which is noticeable; 2) the color accuracy, in avg.3, is bit off what ASUS advertised (<= 2). A major disappointment is that when you turn the refresh rate to 144Hz, the color depth go down to 8bit + FRC from 10bit potentially due to the panel's internal circuit issue according to this article...

The last one is terrible, since if you look at the Displayport wiki page, you will find that DSC is totally capable of handling 4k 10bit 4:4:4 at 144Hz, so I believe it is a panel issue and cannot be fixed in the future... The worst case could be that 120Hz also limits the color depth to 8bit + FRC. Hopefully, this is not the case...

i don't mind FRC so much since even calibration tools can't tell the difference, but the input lag is consistent with the x27, as i get ghosting at 144hz, so it's really a 120hz monitor, whether or not it's acceptable is down to personal preference on a 3k monitor.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

10 minutes ago, xg32 said:

i don't mind FRC so much since even calibration tools can't tell the difference, but the input lag is consistent with the x27, as i get ghosting at 144hz, so it's really a 120hz monitor, whether or not it's acceptable is down to personal preference on a 3k monitor.

I understand there is not much difference between 8bit + FRC and 10bit. But, according to a review I watch, there are some scenes, where FRC can make the picture looks a bit "noisy". That is, it looks like there are many light but noticeable points in the picture that are inconsistent with their surrounding point in terms of color. That's my concern...

20 hours ago, Smackaroy said:

I am a hyper enthusiast I have a 3090 and I want 4k 144hz at 32 inch so I'm getting the PG32UQ which has everything the UQX has apart from HDR1400.

my point is the UQX is a bad value because I could get a PG32UQ Plus a 48 inch OLED for cheaper, which will be better at hdr anyway because you wouldn't have to deal with FALD.

Another point is how many games have HDR let alone a good master I can think of one shadow of the tomb raider. Console has much better HDR masters but the UQX isn't ideal for Consoles because it doesn't have hdmi 2.1 yet the uq does.

What do you mean I isn't designed for content creation? They gave the thing a DE of less than 2, and movies are probably the best place to show of its HDR abilities because most games have hdr10 not plus so it's limited to 1000nits.

what do you mean laggy OLED? OLED has the fastest pixel response time of any panel type (before trying to make a point know what you're talking about first). Yeah 48 inch is big a you need a big desk which not everyone has but everyone doesn't have 3k to blow on a monitor. You could just put the OLED in your living room and cast your PC on to it.

I guess he just want to say that even though oled is really good, but his desk cannot fit it...

OLED is definitely the king of dark room, nothing can match OLED in dark environment. However, in bright room, TBH, higher peak brightness is more important than deeper dark. So, on that perspective, PG32UQX is better than CX (let alone if you are talking about Sony a90j).

Other than the desk size, there are also some other special cases where smaller LCD monitors are better than bigger OLED TVs. If you game and work on the same display and most of your daily work are done on PC, which mean your display has to display certain UI for almost a whole day everyday, you don't want a OLED. Otherwise, your OLED will burn in much much faster than others. Also, for programmers and researchers, they need multiple screens to view more content, such as code and papers, at same time. You cannot set up multiple OLED TV on a desk no matter how big your desk is right 😂?

I believe what he meant by "laggy" is denote the input lag maybe? OLED definitely has the best response time for sure.

Nonetheless, I think you pointed out a very interesting thing about the peak brightness of PG32UQX. If it only supports HDR10, what is the point to have DisplayHDR 1400... Do you know if they can add the support of HDR10+ by firmware update in the future maybe?

20 hours ago, JacksonZH said:

I guess he just want to say that even though oled is really good, but his desk cannot fit it...

OLED is definitely the king of dark room, nothing can match OLED in dark environment. However, in bright room, TBH, higher peak brightness is more important than deeper dark. So, on that perspective, PG32UQX is better than CX (let alone if you are talking about Sony a90j).

Other than the desk size, there are also some other special cases where smaller LCD monitors are better than bigger OLED TVs. If you game and work on the same display and most of your daily work are done on PC, which mean your display has to display certain UI for almost a whole day everyday, you don't want a OLED. Otherwise, your OLED will burn in much much faster than others. Also, for programmers and researchers, they need multiple screens to view more content, such as code and papers, at same time. You cannot set up multiple OLED TV on a desk no matter how big your desk is right 😂?

I believe what he meant by "laggy" is denote the input lag maybe? OLED definitely has the best response time for sure.

Nonetheless, I think you pointed out a very interesting thing about the peak brightness of PG32UQX. If it only supports HDR10, what is the point to have DisplayHDR 1400... Do you know if they can add the support of HDR10+ by firmware update in the future maybe?

Im not saying the monitor supports only hdr10 I'm saying games only support hdr10 

i have been playing with the new pc since sunday and i don t know whether i will change the LG 34gn850 with the asus i desire.This 21:9 is simply amazing...

19 hours ago, Piecku said:

I don't know if this is recent or not but it's on Asus's website, so I still believe it exists and will be out eventually. Source: https://rog.asus.com/monitors/32-to-34-inches/rog-swift-pg32uqx-model/

Well actually before any kind of suspect , the pg 27 UQ was price at 3.000€ , now I saw it for 1300€ that kind suspicious cause is a huge drop for price , that mean something. From Jenuary to March pg27uq was priced 3000 now the price dropped drastically .

Hi Everyone:

There is a release news in China of ¥24999 which is about 3800 USD, considering that is a price with tax and its abit more expensive in China, so 3000 USD is a reasonable price without tax

5 hours ago, Hardware Guy said:

Hi Everyone:

There is a release news in China of ¥24999 which is about 3800 USD, considering that is a price with tax and its abit more expensive in China, so 3000 USD is a reasonable price without tax

I hop It will come out soon. 👈👈👈

On 4/15/2021 at 11:34 AM, Piecku said:

The PG32UQX sounds good, but it's not good enough for the price imo. I'm just accepting that monitors will be "good" at the best until microled arrives. The fact that IPS is being marketed as a good thing to have on your monitor just shows how much monitors is lacking.

You want VA on monitors? VA is a smearing mess IPS is the best for monitors.  great color and low response times only down side is its contrast 

4 hours ago, Nexos93 said:

I hop It will come out soon. 👈👈👈

That fact that people a willingness to pay 3k for a monitor is baffling. Barley any games have hdr and even less have good implication, and the cherry on top is that all hdr games at the moment use hdr10 so it won't even use the monitors to it's full potential.

13 hours ago, Smackaroy said:

That fact that people a willingness to pay 3k for a monitor is baffling. Barley any games have hdr and even less have good implication, and the cherry on top is that all hdr games at the moment use hdr10 so it won't even use the monitors to it's full potential.

Actually this monitor have the best technology for gaming. I prefer oled tv for film. Oled is wasted for gaming for my humble opinion . 

21 hours ago, Piecku said:

No I definitely do not want VA. I do not want IPS either, all trash in my opinion. But sadly there are not a lot of choices here, and between these two I go with IPS.

Oh ok

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, 1ah1 said:

One of China user just got the PG32UQX machine and post a article online. It just started shipping there.

ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX REVIEW in Chinese

Seems Techtesters also testing the PG32UQX too.

Thank u very much for the update I’m craving for this . I hope it come soon. 

8 hours ago, 1ah1 said:

Another video from a Chinese website with someone picking up their PG32UQX.

Must be on general release there.

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1aK4y1o743?from=seopage

Some more:

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1f64y1m78j

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1H84y1F7BE

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1254y1b7Cd

How much it require to be on sale for us ? I’m from Europe. Maybe on June ? 

6 hours ago, 1ah1 said:

Available end of May

hopefully the non x model comes out soon 

6 hours ago, 1ah1 said:

Available end of May

Yeeeeeees Finally ❤️

So we back to the fan noise issue.

1 hour ago, 1ah1 said:

So we back to the fan noise issue.

There was never not going to be a fan noise issue.  The GSync chip requires active cooling; otherwise it'll overheat.  The fan is small, and will bother some, not bother others.  It'll just depend on how sensitive your hearing is.

Unfortunate, but Asus' only other option would be a monitor housing that's several inches thicker than what it has, so there's enough room for a massive heat sink on top of the chip and plenty of room for ventilation.  No one wants to buy a display with a massively thick enclosure like that.  Thus the teeny fan.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

1 hour ago, jasonvp said:

There was never not going to be a fan noise issue.  The GSync chip requires active cooling; otherwise it'll overheat.  The fan is small, and will bother some, not bother others.  It'll just depend on how sensitive your hearing is.

Unfortunate, but Asus' only other option would be a monitor housing that's several inches thicker than what it has, so there's enough room for a massive heat sink on top of the chip and plenty of room for ventilation.  No one wants to buy a display with a massively thick enclosure like that.  Thus the teeny fan.

he says the monitor fan at idle is louder than his gaming pc that has 4 fans and a pump.

that not good but what can we do, i will buy it