Did Asus killed PG32UQX and replace it with PG32UQ?

Hardware Guy

Next week my pc will finally arrive with a 3090 OC on it... i have been waiting for the pg32uqx and also for the x32 for months and no info yet about the release.It seems Q2 and price will be around € 3500.Anyone has any other new news about it?Otherwise,which one i can get for a 4k 144hz g-sync?I saw in my friend's home the LG 34GN850 and it seems not bad even if it is only 400 hdr.Any advice?take my new pc and put in stand by or get the LG?

2 hours ago, marcobaldo said:

Next week my pc will finally arrive with a 3090 OC on it... i have been waiting for the pg32uqx and also for the x32 for months and no info yet about the release.It seems Q2 and price will be around € 3500.Anyone has any other new news about it?Otherwise,which one i can get for a 4k 144hz g-sync?I saw in my friend's home the LG 34GN850 and it seems not bad even if it is only 400 hdr.Any advice?take my new pc and put in stand by or get the LG?

I have 5800x with asus 3090 oc and i still waiting like you for pg32uqx or pg27uqx

My cpu will be the 5950x etc etc... so i need a very good 4k monitor but i prefer a 32.I saw the 34 LG and it is not bad (and cheaper a lot) just the HDR is low...

I agree, this cpu and gpu generation is the first allowing to even think about a 4k monitor. I have a new gen setup and like to enjoy some not so demanding game titles in 4k. 4k is not necessary, especially under 32" and gaming, but it can be quite nice in other scenarios like movies and editing.

My system specs:

Corsair 4000D Airflow | Corsair AX 850  | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix + 3x Corsair iCUE QL120 RGB

AMD Ryzen 5950x | AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Sapphire Nitro+ | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (4x 16GB) |Corsair MP600 2TB | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

On 3/4/2021 at 10:49 AM, Hardware Guy said:

I doubt if it’s going to be below 3K 😂😂😂

I think it might go below 3k, although not much... Check out this PG32UQX

21 minutes ago, JacksonZH said:

I think it might go below 3k, although not much... Check out this PG32UQX

wow that's lower than i thought it would be given everything that's going on, now just gotta wait for it to be in stock, still hoping for a 27inch version and port updates (at least dp1.4a DSC) though, thanks for the update.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

32 minutes ago, xg32 said:

wow that's lower than i thought it would be given everything that's going on, now just gotta wait for it to be in stock, still hoping for a 27inch version and port updates (at least dp1.4a DSC) though, thanks for the update.

NP, I think the webpage is still in development since the product description is blank. But this also mean it is not far away, better than no news right, lol. And let's hope they can somehow add HDMI 2.1 to it

3 hours ago, JacksonZH said:

NP, I think the webpage is still in development since the product description is blank. But this also mean it is not far away, better than no news right, lol. And let's hope they can somehow add HDMI 2.1 to it

Unfortunately there is not HDMI 2.1.Today i finally got my new pc and need to know when this one will be released...

Unfortunately there is not HDMI 2.1.Today i finally got my new pc and need to know when this one will be released...

Yea, no HDMI 2.1 is a big con. However, if you mainly play PC games, it would be less painful since you need DP to enable g-sync ultimate eventually. Thank god they include DSC, otherwise this monitor is totally garbage...

4 hours ago, JacksonZH said:

Yea, no HDMI 2.1 is a big con. However, if you mainly play PC games, it would be less painful since you need DP to enable g-sync ultimate eventually. Thank god they include DSC, otherwise this monitor is totally garbage...

Predator X32,which is quite similar,seems to have HDMI 2.1... but that monitor is a ghost like this one.I am thinking to take the LG 34gn850 just for the moment,even if it has a HDR 400 and it not a "real" 4k (21:9).When the pg will be released,i will sell this one.Now,my new pc is still in the box.Without a 4k monitor,don't wanna use it 😉. Or waiting some days to order on Amazon that one and check for news about the PG.

Predator X32,which is quite similar,seems to have HDMI 2.1... but that monitor is a ghost like this one.I am thinking to take the LG 34gn850 just for the moment,even if it has a HDR 400 and it not a "real" 4k (21:9).When the pg will be released,i will sell this one.Now,my new pc is still in the box.Without a 4k monitor,don't wanna use it 😉. Or waiting some days to order on Amazon that one and check for news about the PG.

Really? Did Acer officially announced X32 has HDMI 2.1? If that is true, $3600 kind of make sense then.

3 minutes ago, JacksonZH said:

Really? Did Acer officially announced X32 has HDMI 2.1? If that is true, $3600 kind of make sense then.

Check on google 😉. On italian website they say it has  (3) HDMI 2.1

1 minute ago, marcobaldo said:

Interesting. Then, it is a bit hard to choose between X32 and PG32UQX for me since I work and play games mostly on PC.

Thanks for the info bro!

1 minute ago, JacksonZH said:

Interesting. Then, it is a bit hard to choose between X32 and PG32UQX for me since I work and play games mostly on PC.

Thanks for the info bro!

i have just spent 7000 euro for the new PC and will use it only with a top monitor .The first which will be released,will be mine 😀.

Just now, marcobaldo said:

i have just spent 7000 euro for the new PC and will use it only with a top monitor .The first which will be released,will be mine 😀.

Me too. Got lucky to grab a tuf 3090 and a 5950x lol. I guess I will get the one comes out first as the same as you would do😉

1 minute ago, JacksonZH said:

Me too. Got lucky to grab a tuf 3090 and a 5950x lol. I guess I will get the one comes out first as the same as you would do😉

strix 3090 oc ,5950x ,liquid system etc etc here . We r crazy 😂.

1 minute ago, marcobaldo said:

strix 3090 oc ,5950x ,liquid system etc etc here . We r crazy 😂.

Oh you got a quite premium rig bro! Guess your water loop burned a lot of money. 

My cooling sys is just an EK-AIO, I did customized the cables for better cable management, but that did not cost me too much. I guess I eventually spent like $3500-4000, which allows me to buy these monitor tho.😂

2999$ not bad for mini led

but what DSC mean? is it a fix for the chroma subsampling like in x27 and pg27uq

Any news about PG27UQX?

Maybe i will pick this one if they cancel the 27 version.

last question Which is better DP1.4 with DSC or HDMI 2.1 if HDMI is better i will wait for ACER X32

24 minutes ago, 1ah1 said:

2999$ not bad for mini led

but what DSC mean? is it a fix for the chroma subsampling like in x27 and pg27uq

Any news about PG27UQX?

Maybe i will pick this one if they cancel the 27 version.

last question Which is better DP1.4 with DSC or HDMI 2.1 if HDMI is better i will wait for ACER X32

DSC stands for Digital Stream Compression, it is basically a video signal compression technology exclusively on DP 1.4, which are claimed to be able to transfer 4k 120Hz HDR 4:4:4 video signal with only the bandwidth of DP 1.4 and achieve VISUALLY LOSSLESS image quality (like a magic). You can view it as a fix for chroma subsampling.

Haven't seen any news about PG27UQX yet.

For the last one, HDMI 2.1 is definitely better with regard to bandwidth. However, to enable G-SYNC, you have to use DP 1.4 at least for now. And DSC allows you to get 4k 120Hz HDR 4:4:4 video output. So, my opinion is that choose whichever come out first or cheaper if you are a PC gamer, otherwise, do not buy either... console gaming experience are far better one big screen TV😂. If you are on both sides (PC and consoles), looks like X32 is the way to go.

13 hours ago, marcobaldo said:

Is that Acer's Italian website?  Or some other website that's claiming HDMI 2.1?  I'm nearly 100% positive that the X32 will not have HDMI 2.1.  If Acer's US site says otherwise, I'll be happy to be wrong.  But I believe this is a panel thing, not a monitor manufacturing thing.  I think if the panel itself, from AUO, isn't set up to deal with HDMI 2.1, it won't have it.

Just like the new ViewSonic that will be built later this summer and based on the same AUO panel that the PG32UQX and X32 are: no HDMI 2.1.

I signed up to be notified by Asus, but I'm not holding my breath.  I don't want to pass out. 😉

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

3 hours ago, JacksonZH said:

DSC stands for Digital Stream Compression, it is basically a video signal compression technology exclusively on DP 1.4, which are claimed to be able to transfer 4k 120Hz HDR 4:4:4 video signal with only the bandwidth of DP 1.4 and achieve VISUALLY LOSSLESS image quality (like a magic). You can view it as a fix for chroma subsampling.

Haven't seen any news about PG27UQX yet.

For the last one, HDMI 2.1 is definitely better with regard to bandwidth. However, to enable G-SYNC, you have to use DP 1.4 at least for now. And DSC allows you to get 4k 120Hz HDR 4:4:4 video output. So, my opinion is that choose whichever come out first or cheaper if you are a PC gamer, otherwise, do not buy either... console gaming experience are far better one big screen TV😂. If you are on both sides (PC and consoles), looks like X32 is the way to go.

Thanks for the info

for me money is not a problem 😋 and like what you said i will buy what ever come first PG27UQX, PG32UQX or X32

51 minutes ago, 1ah1 said:

Thanks for the info

for me money is not a problem 😋 and like what you said i will buy what ever come first PG27UQX, PG32UQX or X32

You are welcome man! Hope this monitor wont be like those GPUs and can actually have some stock for us😂

On 3/4/2021 at 3:52 PM, Minigunboy said:

Oh no 😞 I was hoping, that it is the other way round...The flagship PG32UQX will be a monster for sure, but atm I'm not willing to spend 2k-3k for a monitor. The expected price of the PG32UQ will be around 1.2-1.5k, which is a better value imho. I had huge luck with my computer parts (newest gen MB, CPU and GPU), but now I'm stuck with my ancient 60hz 21" FullHD monitor from 2009. XD

There are also nice options for 27" models like the Asus ROG Strix XG27UQ or the LG 27GN950, but 32" should be perfect with 4k.

Basically in the same situation as you shiny new graphics card and CPU 1080p 60hz monitor. Luckily I have a gaming laptop with a 144hz screen 

On 3/21/2021 at 2:30 PM, marcobaldo said:

For that price just get a high end 48 inch oled it will have better hdr and cost half as less. 

On 3/28/2021 at 10:24 AM, marcobaldo said:

How did you manage to spend 7k I bought a 3090, 5950x and 3tb of 7GBps name storage and paid half what you did.