Advice for swapping over my NVME drive to another M.2 slot on my board.

So I have the MSI x570 unify, that contains 3 M.2 PCI-E nvme drives ( could someone confirm). and in my instant and grandiose wisdom I decided that I should put my M.2 NVme drive under the GPU -_-. Anyway, just wondering if I could swap it over to the first slot above it, as it's currently in the second slot under the GPU. I've heard some people advice against this or to be cautious in relation to knowing which slots support NVME drives. If all of them are , which I think they are nvme compatible, can I just switch it over, Or is there something I have to switch in my BIOS, a setting in particular? any other information?

Why do you want to move it? Having it underneath your GPU will probably provide it with the best air flow, assuming your GPU is not a blower model.

Can you swap it, yes, no problem.

But selecting the one nearest to the CPU usually better since, that slot get it's lane straight from the CPU vs from the chipset like the other 2.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

5 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

( could someone confirm)

That is correct. I just checked the board.

It shouldn't be that complicated. Just take it from one port and plug it in the other. It should work straight away.

5 minutes ago, Shoopman said:

Why do you want to move it? Having it underneath your GPU will probably provide it with the best air flow, assuming your GPU is not a blower model.

On the contrary, my open air style gpu exhausts air all around it, heating up performance, also, the motherboard I have has those stupid heat sinks that you can't remove.