Computer teacher not knowing anything about computers

NFor10

so right now im on a meeting with my professor who is teaching "intro to computing" and he teachers us about computers and what to do and what not to do, he had more than 20 chrome tabs on a i think a macbook rip

Screenshot 2021-02-25 143003.png

3 minutes ago, NFor10 said:

so right now im on a meeting with my professor who is teaching "intro to computing" and he teachers us about computers and what to do and what not to do, he had more than 20 chrome tabs on a i think a macbook rip

Screenshot 2021-02-25 143003.png

uhh.......so?

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

If his laptop can handle it, I don't see a problem. Professors get distracted and have to do multiple things at the same time... If the stream starts lagging or his computer shuts down during such meetings often, then you know he doesn't know what he is doing.

It is true some teenagers can hack better than pros hired by the government... it's a generation thing.

Please explain how your thread title and the post you actually wrote are related to teach other. The only common element seems to be a "computer teacher." 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Tell him about a relatively new Google Chrome feature, the Tab Groups.

Right click a tab and you can make a group and add tabs to that group. Really helpful for people that keep a bunch of tabs open, so it's much easier to keep track of them all.

P.S. I don't recommend hanging out on a forum during class

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

* thread locked *

For "hey look at this" type of content, please use your status updates

Also, the number of tabs open on a PC doesn't equate to the user lack of knowledge ; I'm a sys admin and I have way more tabs open than this ... so instead of jumping into this course with a bias that the teacher knows nothing, try to put that aside, listen, pay attention, and see if it's actually true based on what you're actually taught instead.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !