First pc ever

Igorxy

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming and light streaming

This the part list of the new pc i buying

Wanted to know if you have any other ideas for the parts i chose and explain why would you  choose something diffrent

Thanks in advance

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yMgBJf

Would go for a Samsung 980 Pro as your m.2 SSD as it supports the "new" PCIe 4.0 just like your CPU and motherboard. But other than that it looks fine to me.

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

I'd say you're overspending significantly on your case and motherboard.

As for what to choose - I have no idea; it depends on your priorities really.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

@pythonmegapixel wouldn't neccessarily say overspend, cases are taste so if this one is appealing to him than why the heck not. And if he would like to take a look at overclocking then the mobo is fine, too.

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

4 minutes ago, SEAL62 said:

@pythonmegapixel wouldn't neccessarily say overspend, cases are taste so if this one is appealing to him than why the heck not. And if he would like to take a look at overclocking then the mobo is fine, too.

Cases aren't just taste - there are also issues of airflow, cable management, drive space, fan space, etc.

A B550 Tomahawk would handle a 5600x just fine. A Samsung 970 Evo is pretty pointless for a Gaming PC - something like a SX 8200 would be a similar choice for cheaper. A 750w PSU would be sufficient, the model is a good one though.

Just now, SEAL62 said:

I can only provide my personal opinion.

I am very happy for others to disagree with me, given that it's not my money which is being spent.

My personal opinion is that better value could be had by choosing a different case and motherboard.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

case isn't great for airflow. get something with a mesh front, like a meshify, p400a digital, bequiet 500dx etc

get the b550 version of the tomahawk.

16 minutes ago, SEAL62 said:

Would go for a Samsung 980 Pro as your m.2 SSD as it supports the "new" PCIe 4.0 just like your CPU and motherboard. But other than that it looks fine to me.

Makes no sense what so ever to do that for a gaming rig. Huge waste of money as you do not see a difference between a regular sata ssd and the top of the line nvme drives in games.

@jaslion I am quite sure that nobody uses their computer just and anly for gaming so it will be a benefit in some way. Also you do benefit in terms of loading times let's say with GTA V as an example.

HP Envy x360 Convertible

1 minute ago, SEAL62 said:

@jaslion I am quite sure that nobody uses their computer just and anly for gaming so it will be a benefit in some way. Also you do benefit in terms of loading times let's say with GTA V as an example.

This is a gaming and streaming rig so there is literally no usecase specified here that benefits from an nvme drive. Sure you get those half a second launch time improvements sometimes in some programs which still does not justify a purchase like that.

8 minutes ago, gloop said:

Cases aren't just taste - there are also issues of airflow, cable management, drive space, fan space, etc.

A B550 Tomahawk would handle a 5600x just fine. A Samsung 970 Evo is pretty pointless for a Gaming PC - something like a SX 8200 would be a similar choice for cheaper. A 750w PSU would be sufficient, the model is a good one though.

The sx8200 is one of those drives that got "updated" later and now is a mixed bag of will you get the one with the good flash or bad flash so it's on an avoid list now.

6 minutes ago, gloop said:

A Samsung 970 Evo is pretty pointless for a Gaming PC - something like a SX 8200 would be a similar choice for cheaper.

Not a fan of that anymore since Adata decided to swap out the controller/Nand for slower variants without informing consumers, so you don't know which version you are getting until you have bought it.

A WD Blue SN550 is usually one of the cheaper/decent SSD's for a gaming pc.