Cpu reads as hotter than the sun

Rlmva

Does anybody know why my cpu is reading as hotter than the sun and my fans say they are at 66,000 rpm? I have an ASRock B450M HDV R4.0. I should mention I don't have any fans plugged in.

IMG_1364.jpeg

CPU VCORE: 4v. (About 4 times higher than it needs)

12V rail: 13.4v.

5v rail 6.12v.

3.3v rail 4v.

Yeah something is extremely wrong with your system. What PSU are you using?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

@Levent and right next to the surface of the sun CPU, there's a sub0 motherboard!

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

CPU VCORE: 4v. (About 4 times higher than it needs)

12V rail: 13.4v.

5v rail 6.12v.

3.3v rail 4v.

Yeah something is extremely wrong with your system. What PSU are you using?

I'm using a 600w EVGA 80+ W1. It's brand new and I only got it because I knew that they worked well. What also makes me think that its just wrong in the bios is that it boots into windows and doesn't BSD at all.

2 minutes ago, Rlmva said:

I'm using a 600w EVGA 80+ W1. It's brand new and I only got it because I knew that they worked well. What also makes me think that its just wrong in the bios is that it boots into windows and doesn't BSD at all.

If you have means to try with a different PSU, I would try that first. If not, I would RMA that motherboard AND that PSU just to be safe. Send this screenshot to the both companies as the reason behind RMA. 65535 is the maximum number a 16bit address space can allocate, that would either mean the logic chip that is reading those values are shorted or your PSU fried them.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

32 minutes ago, Levent said:

If you have means to try with a different PSU, I would try that first. If not, I would RMA that motherboard AND that PSU just to be safe. Send this screenshot to the both companies as the reason behind RMA. 65535 is the maximum number a 16bit address space can allocate, that would either mean the logic chip that is reading those values are shorted or your PSU fried them.

I tried with a known good psu, no luck

Sensors appear to be broken completely

I'd update the BIOS and reset the CMOS 

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Hahahaha!! That's kinda hilarious...

Yea I think there's something wrong with your motherboard

But does the fan spun up to full speed though?

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

9 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Hahahaha!! That's kinda hilarious...

Yea I think there's something wrong with your motherboard

But does the fan spun up to full speed though?

No, the cpu fan stays at low rpm

5 minutes ago, Rlmva said:

No, the cpu fan stays at low rpm

Hmmm... Interesting

You mention that the computer works just fine but the temperature being displayed is off. My best guest is there's something wrong with the ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) on the sensor.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

• 2 years later...

I know this is a very old post, incidentally, I am facing the EXACT same problem with my B450m Steel legend... apart from the weird reading on the CMOS, the pc also facing issue when waking up, the pc will simply restart/reboot instead of waking up...

Any idea what happened with your motherboard?  It will be nice to get some update

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 12:09 PM, Stanley Tan said:

I know this is a very old post, incidentally, I am facing the EXACT same problem with my B450m Steel legend... apart from the weird reading on the CMOS, the pc also facing issue when waking up, the pc will simply restart/reboot instead of waking up...

Any idea what happened with your motherboard?  It will be nice to get some update

You know what? I'm just caught in this madness, too. Yeah, EXACTLY same values it displays - monitoring system caches might have been overflowed.

being fried by PSU is highly suspicious for me though, as I just changed to EVGA supernova GA 750W 80+ (previously there's unreliable somewhat 500W PSU)

Somehow PC works, except for the amazing fan speed of plugging into CPU2 and all the CHA 1 through 3.

Actually, I hadn't recognized this problem, but when I was digging up to find out why newly installed VGA (RX 590 made by HIS)  barely breathing; only those two parts have been replaced.

I'd thought there's kinda power problem, and then found this problem.

I'm being quite confused that even these cases are whether dependent or not...

Now I'm going to try previous PSU first, and when there's no more room to figure out anymore by myself, I might have no other option but to contact ASRock for RMA...

I tried something like these:

- Update ROM BIOS from 3.50 to 3.60 (officially not recommended, as my CPU is Ryzen 2700X)

- and then back to 3.50

- clear CMOS numerous times (using jumper)

- attach/detach every parts including RAM

- plug fan controls to other connectors

If there's any progress to solve this problem, please anybody share your experience. :3

Ah, additionally, mine is not TURNING OFF. At the very last moment of shutting down(even num-lock light on keyboard is gone), it stuck; yet I can restart in OS however. Ah, what a legend.