Is this PSU good?

Yashiees

the only difference is that one is simi modular and the other fully modular so if you are going for a super clean build i would get the fully modular if you have a budget get the simi modular

3 hours ago, jrhaberland said:

I'd say those are about equivalent. However the Corsair PSU has a longer warranty.

3 hours ago, Linus No Beard said:

the only difference is that one is simi modular and the other fully modular so if you are going for a super clean build i would get the fully modular if you have a budget get the simi modular

shannon-sharpe-meme-istock.jpg.80bb7f38e2bab944676f71db35f0d714.jpg

For more info on that Gigabyte unit :

(EDIT : @boghubodaghi answered a few seconds after you) 

6 hours ago, Linus No Beard said:

Wow.  This is completely incorrect, inaccurate and down right wrong information.

6 hours ago, Linus No Beard said:

Sorry but that is wrong as already mentioned above. The TXM might be semi modular BUT the fixed cables are the 24 pin and 8 pin cpu which are needed anyway, so it won't make any difference. 

9 minutes ago, Yashiees said:

rtx 3070

I would get the RM 750W direct from Corsair then for £98. You should get free shipping as well assuming you are in the UK.

6 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Sorry but that is wrong as already mentioned above. The TXM might be semi modular BUT the fixed cables are the 24 pin and 8 pin cpu which are needed anyway, so it won't make any difference. 

6 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Wow.  This is completely incorrect, inaccurate and down right wrong information.

ok i did not look at or think about the brands/specific psu i saw simi and fully modular and stated how i buy a psu i saw that the brands were not som weird barging bin psu and stated the only major diffrence

1 hour ago, Linus No Beard said:

and stated the only major diffrence

Ah, yes, the same way that the only difference between these two graphics cards is that one has 3 fans, and the other has one.

Spoiler

Image result for asus rtx 3090

Image result for msi gt 610

Both are from well known brands, so obviously, the number of fans is the only major difference

:)

On 2/19/2021 at 9:01 PM, seon123 said:

Ah, yes, the same way that the only difference between these two graphics cards is that one has 3 fans, and the other has one.

Hide contents

Image result for asus rtx 3090

Image result for msi gt 610

Both are from well known brands, so obviously, the number of fans is the only major difference

no for the psu they are both the same wattage same efficiency and trusted brands so the only major difference is one has a fully modular design and the other is semi modular

so more like this 

spacer.png

verse this

spacer.png

same card same gpu one has rgb

6 minutes ago, Linus No Beard said:

no for the psu they are both the same wattage same efficiency and trusted brands so the only major difference is one has a fully modular design and the other is semi modular

Well, no. Ignoring things like the performance, protections, noise, etc, and focusing on completely irrelevant things like the efficiency and brand, is exactly what you did. If you know absolutely nothing about PSUs, please have the decency to not spew absolute BS that misleads others. 🙂

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

Well, no. Ignoring things like the performance, protections, noise, etc, and focusing on completely irrelevant things like the efficiency and brand, is exactly what you did. If you know absolutely nothing about PSUs, please have the decency to not spew absolute BS that misleads others. 🙂

psu performance is made up of the efficiency and rated wattage witch is the same for both and because they are not form some random no name brand they will have all necessary protections i know what i am talking about when it comes to hardware my job is building servers for enterprise customers the psu is one of the more important things in the sever space because the better a psu the lower the monthly bill for these companies.

2 minutes ago, Linus No Beard said:

psu performance is made up of the efficiency and rated wattage witch is the same for both and because they are not form some random no name brand they will have all necessary protections i know what i am talking about when it comes to hardware my job is building servers for enterprise customers the psu is one of the more important things in the sever space because the better a psu the lower the monthly bill for these companies.

I might be wrong, but I don't think that's how it works.

@jonnyGURUam I right that what @Linus No Beardsaid is wrong?

elephants

51 minutes ago, Linus No Beard said:

made up of the efficiency

No

rated wattage

No

witch is the same for bot

???

because they are not form some random no name brand they will have all necessary protections

See: Seasonic S12II(I), Focus Gold v1, EVGA W1, N1, G3

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

1 hour ago, Linus No Beard said:

psu performance is made up of the efficiency and rated wattage witch is the same for both and because they are not form some random no name brand they will have all necessary protections i know what i am talking about when it comes to hardware my job is building servers for enterprise customers the psu is one of the more important things in the sever space because the better a psu the lower the monthly bill for these companies.

It seems like you missed this part. It definitely applies to you, as you showed with your reply.

4 hours ago, seon123 said:

If you know absolutely nothing about PSUs, please have the decency to not spew absolute BS that misleads others. 🙂