Anyway to make a monitor switch over from one video card to another?(read op)

kaylexmorgana

I got fucked in the ass by gigabyte and they say they found "nothing wrong with it"(from people who have never used a computer in their life) after my rma and my video card can play newer games it seems like CP2077 but not older ones like wow/lol.

Is there some way like to connect a cable to 2 video cards and switch between them. if i want to play wow i can switch from my 3090 to 970? I literally have no idea what to do with this POS 3090 if i cannot do something like that.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

3 minutes ago, kaylexmorgana said:

I got fucked in the ass by gigabyte and they say they found "nothing wrong with it"(from people who have never used a computer in their life) after my rma and my video card can play newer games it seems like CP2077 but not older ones like wow/lol.

Is there some way like to connect a cable to 2 video cards and switch between them. if i want to play wow i can switch from my 3090 to 970? I literally have no idea what to do with this POS 3090 if i cannot do something like that.

since gigabyte found "noting wrong" i would say ddu evreything and reinstall windows, those are first things to do

31 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

since gigabyte found "noting wrong" i would say ddu evreything and reinstall windows, those are first things to do

Well just DDU the drivers...but OP shouldn't be using two GPUs from different architectures, unless it was like AMD and Nvidia in one system. 

This is pretty pointless switching between two graphics cards to play one game on X and the other game on Y. Sell your 970 and make some money before new supplies can overcome the demand. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

40 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

I did DDU them.

Gigabyte has terrible CS and has a 1.4 bbb rating. People complain how bad their RMA service is allllll the time... Tons of people have the same issue as me and never get it fixed doing uninstalls and lowering voltage.  on the phone they said they only do 3d mark tests which is why they didn't find my issue. trust me it isn't me. 

41 minutes ago, rickeo said:

I'm very confused. 

Why not plug your monitor into the 3090, take out the 970, and just use the computer like normal?

Did i not say that the 3090 does not work with older games right in the OP?  the computer crashes playing them so obviously i can't. This is a widespread issue across multiple brands and gpus. 

8 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Well just DDU the drivers...but OP shouldn't be using two GPUs from different architectures, unless it was like AMD and Nvidia in one system. 

This is pretty pointless switching between two graphics cards to play one game on X and the other game on Y. Sell your 970 and make some money before new supplies can overcome the demand. 

huh? i play wow/lol more than any other game. am i suppose to never play them ever again?

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Just now, kaylexmorgana said:

huh? i play wow/lol more than any other game. am i suppose to never play them ever again?

Reread what I posted...Similar to what @rickeo said. 

If I'm not mistaken, Nvidia's drivers a bit wonky right now so revert back to 461.09 if you have 461.40, or the one prior to 461.09 and try playing LoL on the 3090. A 3090 is pretty overkill for those games anyway. Have you checked to see if other people are having problems with the 3090 on those games at all?? Check the Nvidia forums or just do a simple search to see if there are problems similar to the one you are facing. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

Reread what I posted...Similar to what @rickeo said. 

If I'm not mistaken, Nvidia's drivers a bit wonky right now so revert back to 461.09 if you have 461.40, or the one prior to 461.09 and try playing LoL on the 3090. A 3090 is pretty overkill for those games anyway. Have you checked to see if other people are having problems with the 3090 on those games at all?? Check the Nvidia forums or just do a simple search to see if there are problems similar to the one you are facing. 

please i don't want to go over this for the 50th time.  https://forums.evga.com/RTX-3090-FTW3-Ultra-Black-Screen-Fan-Speed-100-During-Games-m3139253.aspx  https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabytegaming/comments/kyjsqz/new_aurus_rtx3090_extreme_black_screening_with/ (this guy tried everything)

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/black-screen-gpu-fans-turn-to-100-fan-speed-new-gpu.3569987/

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/407457/galax-rtx-3090-black-screen-and-fans-100/

plenty more. You can also just look up on reddit/google "gigabyte rma". Did you think i just crashed once then rma'd without trying anything or looking up any threads how to fix it? 

Can i jsut get a answer to my op.

I have a 3090 FE and it runs WoW and League just fine, sadly i think you need a new card.

To play devils advocate, and I have ZERO experience with this, I see in games a lot the option to switch monitor. That.. might be an option? I always ignore that option so again, zero actual experience using it.

2 minutes ago, rickeo said:

I have a 3090 FE and it runs WoW and League just fine, sadly i think you need a new card.

To play devils advocate, and I have ZERO experience with this, I see in games a lot the option to switch monitor. That.. might be an option? I always ignore that option so again, zero actual experience using it.

what am i suppose to do with the 2000$ i spent on this? throw it in the trash?

5 minutes ago, kaylexmorgana said:

what am i suppose to do with the 2000$ i spent on this? throw it in the trash?

Well, realistically, you can probably sell it for exactly what you paid for it right now.

1 hour ago, kaylexmorgana said:

please i don't want to go over this for the 50th time.  https://forums.evga.com/RTX-3090-FTW3-Ultra-Black-Screen-Fan-Speed-100-During-Games-m3139253.aspx  https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabytegaming/comments/kyjsqz/new_aurus_rtx3090_extreme_black_screening_with/ (this guy tried everything)

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/black-screen-gpu-fans-turn-to-100-fan-speed-new-gpu.3569987/

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/407457/galax-rtx-3090-black-screen-and-fans-100/

plenty more. You can also just look up on reddit/google "gigabyte rma". Did you think i just crashed once then rma'd without trying anything or looking up any threads how to fix it? 

Can i jsut get a answer to my op.

I was throwing out suggestions to see if other users have the same problem as you. Some appeared to RMA the card as its defective and others have issues with AMD CPUs and these cards and driver related issues. 

Does the card pass stress tests?? If the screen goes black and fans go to 100%, that 3090 is defective for sure. Keep pressuring Gigabyte to RMA the card or elevate your case to a manager and not stick with some low skilled Tier 1 tech support guy that is a FNG. Or call them out on their social media websites for not honoring their warranty. 

1 hour ago, SpiderMan said:

I was throwing out suggestions to see if other users have the same problem as you. Some appeared to RMA the card as its defective and others have issues with AMD CPUs and these cards and driver related issues. 

Does the card pass stress tests?? If the screen goes black and fans go to 100%, that 3090 is defective for sure. Keep pressuring Gigabyte to RMA the card or elevate your case to a manager and not stick with some low skilled Tier 1 tech support guy that is a FNG. Or call them out on their social media websites for not honoring their warranty. 

They said it passed a 3dmark( i only do one to see score) which is the only test they do. I just found out there is a lower end test that it might fail idk if they will try it. The reddit thread guy mentioned it. passed 3dmark and failed the other then they gave him a refund when he mentioned it

trust me i did. i was screaming at them. they told me to contact nvidia saying it was a driver issue. They said they talked to the rma department. full of apes. and here i thought they were exaggerating about the support.

26 minutes ago, kaylexmorgana said:

They said it passed a 3dmark( i only do one to see score) which is the only test they do. I just found out there is a lower end test that it might fail idk if they will try it. The reddit thread guy mentioned it. passed 3dmark and failed the other then they gave him a refund when he mentioned it

trust me i did. i was screaming at them. they told me to contact nvidia saying it was a driver issue. They said they talked to the rma department. full of apes. and here i thought they were exaggerating about the support.

Wow, the fact that Gigabyte only uses one piece of software to test faulty hardware...shame on them. I'd never buy Gigabyte branded products again if support is that bad. Take your money to a company that stands behind their product. You would think they would have "proprietary" test software that runs different tests to determine whether or not the GPU is faulty. I'd still whine and complain to Gigabyte about the card. If the card was still in the return window at the retailer you purchased it from, I'd have sent it back claiming its defective. 

Heaven benchmark (free) is another GPU benchmark program to test out, also Superposition benchmark I've heard is also used to test GPUs. I would download GPU-Z if you haven't already and go under the Sensors tab to PerfCap Reason to see if there is any reasons for what is limiting the performance. 

1 hour ago, SpiderMan said:

Wow, the fact that Gigabyte only uses one piece of software to test faulty hardware...shame on them. I'd never buy Gigabyte branded products again if support is that bad. Take your money to a company that stands behind their product. You would think they would have "proprietary" test software that runs different tests to determine whether or not the GPU is faulty. I'd still whine and complain to Gigabyte about the card. If the card was still in the return window at the retailer you purchased it from, I'd have sent it back claiming its defective. 

Heaven benchmark (free) is another GPU benchmark program to test out, also Superposition benchmark I've heard is also used to test GPUs. I would download GPU-Z if you haven't already and go under the Sensors tab to PerfCap Reason to see if there is any reasons for what is limiting the performance. 

well i think they said something something 3d mark. i couldn't understand the part before... but it obviously isn't much.

and yes heaven is the one he said would work and crash the computer. When i talked to the last guy on the phone he said we can retest it i said yeah sure whatever and hung up. So i don't know if they will want to do that. Or even if they actually do it. They said they are shipping the card back this week so i'm calling them right when they open(since it is a holiday today) to tell them.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. They refuse to fix it since they cannot find anything. 

Too late to return it on ebay but opened a dispute on PayPal. Wish me luck