EVGscalp

Doug_Dangger

I was told that EVGA was doing ordering via invitation.  I visited their site and it's true.  They'll send you an email, after you register, and will give you 8 hours to make your purchase otherwise you lose you spot.  I was like cool!

Then I looked at their gpus and noticed that the 3060tis start just under $500.  3070s were nearly $700 and 3080s were in the $800 - $900 range.  WTF?

I know their coolers are slightly better than Founder's Edition, but up to a $200 premium?

Everybody just be scalping.  

mike.gif

Well this is also a factor. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

4 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Well this is also a factor. 

I doubt tariffs have anything to do with gpu prices.  RAM is dirt cheap.  CPUs (mainly Intels) are quite low.  Motherboards are available and not too expensive.  Solid state drives are also priced relatively low.  Trump is out of office and so it his tariff in China.  Biden and Kalama will now undo what Trump did, save the world and truly make America great.  But back to gpus.  Even AIBs be scalping.  😡

Just now, Doug_Dangger said:

I doubt tariffs have anything to do with gpu prices.  RAM is dirt cheap.  CPUs (mainly Intels) are quite low.  Motherboards are available and not too expensive.  Solid state drives are also priced relatively low.  Trump is out of office and so it his tariff in China.  Biden and Kalama will now undo what Trump did, save the world and truly make America great.  But back to gpus.  Even AIBs be scalping.  😡

Well....... Good luck with your political beliefs....... But the GPU tariffs that have been reinstituted are 25% tariffs.... so that is going to have a major impact on prices in an industry with already razor thin profit margins.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

If you don’t like it, start your own company and make your own cards. Then sell them for what nvidia’s msrp was. Then see how your market value stabilizes. Problem solved. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

10 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

If you don’t like it, start your own company and make your own cards. Then sell them for what nvidia’s msrp was. Then see how your market value stabilizes. Problem solved. 

That is the greatest advice in life, you dont like the situation? Escape from it by creating the foundation and everything associated with it on your own, if you cant then just live with it! 

We should share this philosophy to Syrian citizens N.Korean citizens and wherever there are people oppressed by the political system or plutocracy in one way or an other I wonder why nobody has thought of that earlier the world would have been a better place if pesky people just would shut up and live with the situation or try to make their own companies and countries if they so much don't like their predicament. 

I wonder why democracies exist in which people can complain about a given situation and press for it to change, waste of time they should just shut up and be greatful for what they are given! 

Are tuition fees too high for you not allowing you to study in a university despite you being a A class student? Shut up and deal with it or make your own university and see how far you will go with that 😛

Are you a poor citizen who lives day by day and cant afford to pay such high taxes while the rich in your country pay less and less? Stop complaining and live with it or muster an army and conquer some land and create your own nation and make a different tax system there!

BRILLIANT

2 minutes ago, papajo said:

We should share this philosophy to Syrian citizens N.Korean citizens and wherever there are people oppressed by the political system or plutocracy in one way or an other I wonder why nobody has thought of that earlier the world would have been a better place if pesky people just would shut up and live with the situation or try to make their own companies and countries if they so much don't like their predicament. 

I'm pretty sure they have, isn't that why we have the U.S? isn't that why we have modern japan? anyone down for a revolution?

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I'm pretty sure they have, isn't that why we have the U.S? isn't that why we have modern japan? anyone down for a revolution?

Stretching a metaphor to minute details to find a handful of examples suiting your case doesn't make sense.

Yes many people e.g in the US didnt want to pay taxes and be controlled by the UK and they made a revolution but since then did people run the country in the US? or to rephrase it since that how many wars or trials to make smaller countries within the US to change things have happened? maybe 0? 

4 minutes ago, ThatOneDunce said:

but the real reason it's happening is because we're buying

That's not the real reason if you dont have options and are able to you will be forced to buy since there is no other alternative (other than creating your own foundry and assemply lines 😛 )

The real reason is because the companies that control the situation do not do anything to change the situation plausibly because they benefit from that. 

1 minute ago, papajo said:

Stretching a metaphor to minute details to find a handful of examples suiting your case doesn't make sense.

Yes many people e.g in the US didnt want to pay taxes and be controlled by the UK and they made a revolution but since then did people run the country in the US? or to rephrase it since that how many wars or trials to make smaller countries within the US to change things have happened? maybe 0? 

stretching a metaphor into a completely different interpretation equally doesn't make sense. I don't see what metaphor I stretched and what case I'm trying to fit, but okay. 

rephrase it since that how many wars or trials to make smaller countries within the US to change things have happened? maybe 0? 

can you rephrase this sentence into legible english please? 

AMD blackout rig

3 hours ago, Doug_Dangger said:

Then I looked at their gpus and noticed that the 3060tis start just under $500.  3070s were nearly $700 and 3080s were in the $800 - $900 range.  WTF?

I know their coolers are slightly better than Founder's Edition, but up to a $200 premium?

Damn that's cheap, in Finland you won't find a 3080 for under 1000€ and the cheapest 3070 I found was 800€, I'd jump at a chance to get a 3080 for $900. I got an MSI 3070 Suprim X in December for 760€ and now that same card is 1000€.

I know that GPU prices in Finland are always higher than in the US but this is getting ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I don't see what metaphor I stretched and what case I'm trying to fit, but okay. 

My examples of a student or a tax payer are a metaphor you streched this by finding similar situation in which actually making your own country(in the case of the taxpayer) actually worked which has nothing to do though with the notion that a citizen has rights and shouldnt be played by the system or if that being the case that the next rational option for him should be  trying to create on his own a new system. 

7 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

can you rephrase this sentence into legible english please? 

10 minutes ago, papajo said:

or to rephrase my self, since that, how many wars or trials to make smaller countries within the US have been attempted in order to change things? maybe 0? (ok 1 the civil war but after that for two centuries how many?) Did the US or any of its laws and regulations and practices change since it had been founded? yes many times. 

My examples of a student or a tax payer are a metaphor you streched this by finding similar situation in which actually making your own country(in the case of the taxpayer) actually worked which has nothing to do though with the notion that a citizen has rights and shouldnt be played by the system or if that being the case that the next rational option for him should be  trying to create on his own a new system. 

I was simply replying to your original statement, stating that it has been done. There have been hundreds of examples of that. 

and to reply to your rephrased question, there has been one that I know of, but at least a few. The civil war was a great example of this, the south wanted to annex from the north creating its own country. If you would like me to look I'm sure I can find dozens of other less notable examples.

AMD blackout rig

Just now, Letgomyleghoe said:

I was simply replying to your original statement, stating that it has been done.

Which, ignoring all the logical steps you missed by doing so comparing revolutions of millions of people to individual cases or small groups within a democracy, how does this serve as an argument? 

A.If you feel that someone has wronged you killing him is not a good advise my friend so stop thinking about killing the one who stole from you. 

B.The US is executing convicted felons under certain circumstances. 

Does the fact that B is true somehow change the validity of A ?

1 minute ago, papajo said:

A.If you feel that someone has wronged you killing him is not a good advise my friend so stop thinking about killing the one who stole from you. 

B.The US is executing convicted felons under certain circumstances. 

Does the fact that B is true somehow change the validity of A ?

where did you find that A is valid in the first place, your morals do not equal mine, or anyone else's, how does this even apply to the conversation? Your questions and statements are moving this conversation completely sideways.

And assuming that A has any validity in the first place, no it does not change it. A is stating that killing someone is "not good advice" or not a good idea, an action that was completed at the request of a governmental body doesn't care about good ideas or advice, It doesn't alter people's morals, people will still follow what they believe, and believe what they believe. An example of this would be the removal or stricter laws on executions in the U.S.

and further going back to your question about requests to annex from the united states and/or revolutions, that doesn't happen very often because people have a say, they are able to change things, the laws in your area are a fluid document, always changing at the people request. Why revolutionize when you can do it a much less violent, more professional way? 

11 minutes ago, papajo said:

Which, ignoring all the logical steps you missed by doing so comparing revolutions of millions of people to individual cases or small groups within a democracy, how does this serve as an argument? 

the civil war was a revolution of many millions of people, why does size matter anyway? these are people trying to change things they don't like, the literal main point of discussion, you're grasping at threads at this point, and you aren't making any sense. 

AMD blackout rig

18 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

where did you find that A is valid in the first place, your morals do not equal mine,

There is no reason to read anything after that, actually there was no reason since you just trying to defend the argument that one should either shut up about the graphics card prices or create his own company and make his own graphics card which I could characterize what this essentially is but I would probably get my post deleted for using the correct adjective/s. 

The point is there’s always another choice. But people will always find a way out of seeing that and just crying in the end. I doubt anyone who has ever purchased a Titan at retail is crying about midrange card pricing. 
Fix the situation or fix your own situation. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

11 hours ago, Doug_Dangger said:

I doubt tariffs have anything to do with gpu prices. 

Well, you'd be wrong. 

Trump is out of office and so it his tariff in China. 

This is not how it works. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

12 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Looks like I found the 12 year old internet tough guy.  LMAO.

I don't like the way my government is handling things.  I know, I'll find a deserted land and start my own country.   World class idiot.

1 minute ago, Doug_Dangger said:

Looks like I found the 12 year old internet tough guy.  LMAO.

I don't like the way my government is handling things.  I know, I'll find a deserted land and start my own country.   World class idiot.

My point exactly. Crying on the internet about it. Clown. 

Just now, Mick Naughty said:

My point exactly. Crying on the internet about it. Clown. 

Such quick response. 🤣

I guess I now know what your life is and where you dwell.

37 minutes ago, Doug_Dangger said:

Such quick response. 🤣

I guess I now know what your life is and where you dwell.

Yea. Here checking for people crying about being poor, so I can be sure to point that out. 

-Locked-

Please keep political talk off the forum. If you can't have a civil conversation with others, don't say anything at all. Simple as that.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P