Just wanted to tell Linus and the other reviewers that they suck at their jobs

barak_av

I am a software engineer that works close to the hardware and some of my friends work with GPUS and we noticed that In this generation with the correct overclock AMD 6800xt is presistancly about 20 percent faster than nvidia 3090 in regards to gaming.

The problem with all the reviewers on the web is that they overclocked the VRAM in the GPU as well. The new cache mechanism makes the memory speed almost irrelevant in regards to performance which in turn makes it's overclocking deterimental as it creates more errors in the memory which error correction mechanisms has to deal with while slowing the card. 

Anyway, there are some other proffesional hardware/software engineers that are posting in forums here in Israel and they made statistically viable measurments with some cards on many games, and it is pretty consistant: if you do not overclock the VRAM you can beat NVIDIA flagship card easily with at least any 6800xt that was tested.

Would you mind checking this out yourselves and publish those results? I am pretty intrested in seeing results with the 6900xt as well...

Can you back it up with proof beyond words? Show us tangible evidence of this and we may believe you... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

6 minutes ago, barak_av said:

I am a software engineer that works close to the hardware and some of my friends work with GPUS and we noticed that In this generation with the correct overclock AMD 6800xt is presistancly about 20 percent faster than nvidia 3090 in regards to gaming.

The problem with all the reviewers on the web is that they overclocked the VRAM in the GPU as well. The new cache mechanism makes the memory speed almost irrelevant in regards to performance which in turn makes it's overclocking deterimental as it creates more errors in the memory which error correction mechanisms has to deal with while slowing the card. 

Anyway, there are some other proffesional hardware/software engineers that are posting in forums here in Israel and they made statistically viable measurments with some cards on many games, and it is pretty consistant: if you do not overclock the VRAM you can beat NVIDIA flagship card easily with at least any 6800xt that was tested.

Would you mind checking this out yourselves and publish those results? I am pretty intrested in seeing results with the 6900xt as well...

And you suck at making a convincing argument because where are these magical results you're getting? Can you at least try to cite them? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

According to my testing the 3090 is the best in the world and that’s irrefutable. 
But I also don’t have any proof. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

The argument would hold much more water when supplied with actual testing data complete with methodology, control points and whatnot. When you have a hypothesis that's compelling, why would you NOT want to share the results that prove said hypothesis?

Until that comes, it's really just hot air.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

According to my testing the 3090 is the best in the world and that’s irrefutable. 
But I also don’t have any proof. 

Well then you can't disprove the HD5450 is far superior in every way 😏

I can, but honestly I don't give a f*ck about anyone here or about my credability, I am busy and I have drivers to program.

I can give you a link to a forum post in hebrew if you like that. You can translate it yourself. They made all kind of measurments.

https://hwzone.co.il/community/topic/601953-יתכן-ש-rx-6800xt-מהיר-יותר-מ-3090/page/17/#comments

Let Linus and the other reviewers check this out, they have the cards and they are good turnning those kind of things into money...

1 minute ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

Well then you can't disprove the HD5450 is far superior in every way 😏

The name of the card is longer. Thus it’s better. That’s how most of my testing is conducted. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 minute ago, barak_av said:

I can, but honestly I don't give a f*ck about anyone or about my credability, I am busy and I have drivers to program.

I can give you a link to a forum post in hebrew if you like that. You can translate it yourself.

https://hwzone.co.il/community/topic/601953-יתכן-ש-rx-6800xt-מהיר-יותר-מ-3090/page/17/#comments

Let Linus and the other reviewers check this out, they have the cards and they are good turnning those kind of things into money...

So this would also reflect the world record standings on 3Dmark? 

2 minutes ago, barak_av said:

I don't give a f*ck about anyone or about my credability, I am busy

Yes, but you also told everyone they sucked..

Why can't we all just be civil @barak_av.. I really don't understand that. Let's at least try and be nice to each other?

4 minutes ago, barak_av said:

I can, but honestly I don't give a f*ck about anyone here or about my credability, I am busy and I have drivers to program.

I can give you a link to a forum post in hebrew if you like that. You can translate it yourself. They made all kind of measurments.

Some of these results are within run to run variance lmao

5 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

The name of the card is longer. Thus it’s better. That’s how most of my testing is conducted. 

Damn, you got me there.
Also 'Juniper' vs AMPERE 🔥⚡

18 minutes ago, barak_av said:

I mean, burden of proof is on you since you're the one coming in dropping accusations of bad reviews... you supply the proof.. or don't make wild assumptions/accusations like these. Simple as that. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

Some of these results are within run to run variance lmao

Damn, you got me there.
Also 'Juniper' vs AMPERE 🔥⚡

They did a very comperhansive work and statistics on many games in there, all the thread is about tests and different 6800xt vendors so no, this is not an amature job. And the guy that posted this in there worked and designed hardware himself and he is a veteran in the industry, he knows what he is doing.

I honestly does not have the time to post here anymore, as I told you I am busy. Take this knowlege and do whatever you like.

Maybe I am not nice, but I am not a troll. This is not very hard to test if you are a reviewer. I hope that someone will check this out.

8 minutes ago, barak_av said:

I honestly does not have the time to post here anymore, as I told you I am busy. Take this knowlege and do whatever you like.

Wait, so you had the time to drop 3 paragraphs, but don't have the time to prove your results? Wait what?

Why even drop the info then? If you are THAT busy, and if you didn't share it RIGHT NOW you would take it to your grave, then don't worry. As you said, its simple enough to test I am sure someone else would find it, relax.

You don't need to break into the command center and tell the general that the apocalypse is about to come and you have NO time to explain!!! Relax man.

47 minutes ago, barak_av said:

27 minutes ago, barak_av said:

They did a very comperhansive work and statistics on many games in there, all the thread is about tests and different 6800xt vendors so no, this is not an amature job. And the guy that posted this in there worked and designed hardware himself and he is a veteran in the industry, he knows what he is doing.

Maybe I am not nice, but I am not a troll. This is not very hard to test if you are a reviewer. I hope that someone will check this out.

Why bother posting here if you aren't one to stand behind your words? You also have very poor attitude towards criticism, which is odd if you come from academic world or highly competetive working environment.

Because the lack of content in this thread, and your unwillingness to provide examples to be discussed about, the thread is now locked. If you wish to provide your testing results, do PM me. Or you can post about it to LTT video suggestions thread:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv