Amazon Ryzen 9 Order issue

dajeepman

Guys i ordered a Ryzen 9 5950x from Amazon on the Feb 3rd,  and here it is on the 8th.. and it still says Not shipped. How long does it take to get a order Ready and shipped?

Capture.PNG

was probably on pre-order and not actually in stock. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Well these things have been out of stock everywhere so basically what is going on here is you for all intents and purposes did a pre-order.

Just now, jaslion said:

Well these things have been out of stock everywhere so basically what is going on here is you for all intents and purposes did a pre-order.

Why in TF did amazon allow it to be ordered then, it did not say anywhere preorder or anything. some sketchy business practice. If it was a preorder i would not have worried about it. 

1 minute ago, dajeepman said:

Why in TF did amazon allow it to be ordered then, it did not say anywhere preorder or anything. some sketchy business practice. If it was a preorder i would not have worried about it. 

It was sold directly by Amazon, so I would not be too worried. I would just be happy that I was able to get one, even if I have to wait a bit.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Just now, MarvintheParrot said:

It was sold directly by Amazon, so I would not be too worried. I would just be happy that I was able to get one, even if I have to wait a bit.

Just hoped I was not screwed out of a processor because it the last item i need for my build. I just wait and see if it gets shipped this month.

14 minutes ago, dajeepman said:

I suspect the bots grabbed them up while you were still in the checkout process putting them to out of stock in the process so Amazon has you on the list for the next shipment that comes in.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Usually Amazon has a estiamted delivery date under the buy button, especially if it is out of stock

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

Yeh I would be amazed if this was an order with stock. If it's a pre order you'll have done pretty well to get in 3 months. I know people who have orders from October that haven't been delivered yet.

On 2/8/2021 at 2:22 PM, MarvintheParrot said:

Except it's not https://www.amazon.com/sp?seller=A17SFUTIVB227Z

OP, I'm afraid you may have been scammed or tried to scam. Contact Amazon customer service immediately or cancel order and make sure your payment hasn't been charged. If it was sold by Amazon themselves, it wouldn't show up as link.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Except it's not https://www.amazon.com/sp?seller=A17SFUTIVB227Z

OP, I'm afraid you may have been scammed or tried to scam. Contact Amazon customer service immediately or cancel order and make sure your payment hasn't been charged. If it was sold by Amazon themselves, it wouldn't show up as link.

Actually it is because if you check the products list, it's (at least for the first few pages I looked at) it's all music that is available through the amazon music service and for purchase and the seller there is listed as amazon.com services LLC

I ordered a 5900x on November 5th in the UK and if I am really lucky, I might get it first week of March 

8 hours ago, demonix00 said:

Actually it is because if you check the products list, it's (at least for the first few pages I looked at) it's all music that is available through the amazon music service and for purchase and the seller there is listed as amazon.com services LLC

You are correct with the point about music. But there too the seller isn't noted as a link. In the screenshot of OP the seller is indicated as a link. Which means its not Amazon themselves, but marketplace seller.

This is why some scams are hard to notice. Because they look like the actual website/company really doing it.

E: So correcting myself. The screenshot doesn't make clear if its marketplace or not. But I could definetly find marketplace listing with that particular seller. So imo there's high possibility of scam here. Also, why would Services part handle something which isn't service? They handle streaming and downloading.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I think @LogicalDrmis right... this does not look like Amazon at all

20210210_113212.thumb.jpg.23cae14530a1749fb9f3e6fe068d6ad0.jpg

I would really contact Amazon asap if I was the OP and report this seller and also ask for a refund. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Agreed on the scam part.

They have a store page which makes zero sense if they're Amazon, why would Amazon need a store page on Amazon?

Also check out the Brand listing when you open their store page - https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A17SFUTIVB227Z&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Agreed on the scam part.

They have a store page which makes zero sense if they're Amazon, why would Amazon need a store page on Amazon?

Also check out the Brand listing when you open their store page - https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A17SFUTIVB227Z&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I contacted Amazon already, Though they have not charged my account yet. Amazon does know about the order.

15 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

You are correct with the point about music. But there too the seller isn't noted as a link. In the screenshot of OP the seller is indicated as a link. Which means its not Amazon themselves, but marketplace seller.

This is why some scams are hard to notice. Because they look like the actual website/company really doing it.

E: So correcting myself. The screenshot doesn't make clear if its marketplace or not. But I could definetly find marketplace listing with that particular seller. So imo there's high possibility of scam here. Also, why would Services part handle something which isn't service? They handle streaming and downloading.

It might be a bug in the system that is declaring the incorrect seller as there is a issue that cropped up yesterday on Amazon UK where items that were stated as being sold and shipped by Amazon were being shown as being sold by a marketplace seller (in this case it wasn't their digital distribution service) when going to the basket.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/amazon-pulling-a-fast-one.18919920/

Have the same exact order on that same day as OP, fingers crossed it ships soon. Giving it a few more days while I try to order one elsewhere...

Before you accuse Amazon.... what did it say for delivery date when you ordered? 

Not all things are Prime and with the 1-2 day promise. They typically do a good job displaying what the expected delivery date is. They also do good job updating if there is additional delay. 

On 2/9/2021 at 11:20 PM, DonCarlos said:

I ordered a 5900x on November 5th in the UK and if I am really lucky, I might get it first week of March 

2022?