AMDisappointed

Doug_Dangger
3 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

The 3700X is significantly faster than a 1700X and yet the price stayed the same. But I think the 5800X is a great CPU, faster than an Intel 10th gen CPU in most tasks yet consumes much less power, although I would've liked to see a $50 lower MSRP or include a cooler at $449.

Wait, the 5800X doesn't include a cooler?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

17 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Did you just entirely ignore the massive clock jump and IPC improvements? I think you have...

If you had to pay extra every time there is an IPC improvement we would have a $100000 consumer CPUs,

It's unreasonable,and i don't want the CPU market to have inflated prices like what happened to the Smartphone,Laptop and GPU markets.

Also,it's still has worse value than the 3700X.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

13 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Wait, the 5800X doesn't include a cooler?

AMD didn't include a cooler with the 5800X or 5900X, the 5900X I would be more fine with as I doubt most people buying a 12 core would be using the stock cooler.

20 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

AMD didn't include a cooler with the 5800X or 5900X, the 5900X I would be more fine with as I doubt most people buying a 12 core would be using the stock cooler.

The reason for it is that the AMD stock cooler can't cool those chips.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

31 minutes ago, Vishera said:

I've seen people use wraith prism on a 3900x, works fine

Warm, but good enough tbh

I understand if they don't wanna include it in the box because not everyone uses it, but at least knock off some price, or give it to people who wants it upon request would be neat.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

48 minutes ago, Vishera said:

The Prism should just about keep them steady whilst at full boost, albeit running warm and probably in a musical sort of way.

It’s a cost-saving measure at the end of the day. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

15 hours ago, Doug_Dangger said:

This is quite disappointing.

Well you have to remember that AMD is a fabless company ever since they spinned off their semiconductor factories starting in 2009, under the name GlobalFoundries. AMD has to outsource manufacturing to TSMC, which is at capacity producing ICs. Apple bought a big share of TSMC's production so AMD is at the mercy of TSMC to produce chips. Current contracts they have probably won't change anything in the short run until supply reaches equilibrium with demand, which we won't possibly see until 2H 2021. Nvidia is in the same boat and they are contracting out Amphere to Samsung for the GPU chips inside RTX 30-series cards. 

Overall, as of right now, semiconductor manufacturing is halting/slowing down global manufacturing as semiconductors run inside a lot of electronic products. Gamers are not the only one's seeing this problem and we're just get the short end of the stick as TSMC will prioritize the chips produced for the computers inside cars over your CPU/GPU. 

Intel's lineup of CPUs are good, but not that competitive against AMD with high core count scenarios and costs but at least they still own fabs (which they should ignore a hedge fund telling them to sell them off and outsource manufacturing and whom own a small portion of shares of Intel Corp. (imo Overall, American semiconductor manufacturing has been decreasing and becoming outsourced to other companies...which is a shame but what can you do; support companies by putting where your wallet matters imo) and can produce chips that we can see and get readily on the market today. In fact, AMD lost a marginal market share, ~0.7%, to Intel, who clawed back market share thanks to the demand for AMD processors being out of reach or being scalped at higher prices than the MSRP. 

13 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

The Prism should just about keep them steady whilst at full boost, albeit running warm and probably in a musical sort of way.

It’s a cost-saving measure at the end of the day. 

Its nice to see them include a cooler with CPUs but if your buying something that's enthusiast-grade hardware, there's not really a point in including a CPU cooler as you'll be using a custom air cooler, AIO, or custom-loop water cooling. If AMD can absorb the costs of that CPU cooler into the costs of the chip itself to keep prices down on great CPUs, then why not??

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 hours ago, Vishera said:

If you had to pay extra every time there is an IPC improvement we would have a $100000 consumer CPUs,

It's unreasonable,and i don't want the CPU market to have inflated prices like what happened to the Smartphone,Laptop and GPU markets.

Also,it's still has worse value than the 3700X.

Well, I don't care coz we get fucked over by VAT and god knows what else before it even comes to EU. Nothing we buy here ever reflects anything close to MSRP. I basically didn't notice any change to any older CPU. Maybe a bit more because it's this f**king virus situation, but not otherwise...

6 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Well, I don't care coz we get fucked over by VAT and god knows what else before it even comes to EU. Nothing we buy here ever reflects anything close to MSRP. I basically didn't notice any change to any older CPU. Maybe a bit more because it's this f**king virus situation, but not otherwise...

I am from Europe myself,and in my country we are always get stuff at MSRP,the local market is very competitive and we also make our own PSUs,cases,coolers,etc.

We have a lot of official partners of Intel,AMD,and NVIDIA that imports their products directly from them at MSRP.

There are few other countries in the EU that have good prices,but in eastern Europe the situation is not good,you don't even feel that there is competition there in the market,

Lack of official partners,and stores like to charge extra for no real reason,and not to talk about logistics.

In my country the VAT is very high but we still get stuff at MSRP.