Is it better to get a gpu than an integrated one like on ryzen 5 3400G

ShiroEerie

I'm thinking of the perks both have like r5 3400G has integrated so for the moment i won't buy a gpu or should i buy a gpu pairing it with r3 3300X.

Both are good for me, but i can't seem to pick any. (the gpu i'm rather buying is rx 570 4gb)

depends on what you are looking for and price, often use iCPU before one can afford anything else since you only need 1 part, else don't buy it if you want to go for more performance. else a fully used CPU and dedicated GPU will be better for mostly anything, but iCPU (integrated graphics in CPU) is mostly when you want to have a lower tier or lower power for the system or doing an upgrade over time like: iCPU, iCPU + GPU to CPU + GPU. But one could likely find cheaper GPUs that perform a lot better if you want to game. Or you could go with a decent CPU and lower tier GPU and upgrade the GPU after time instead.

But one also has to know which motherboard supports what CPU, but if you can find an 3300x with rx 570 at an discount it could be a lot better.

as you would get quite a bit more performance with both being dedicated.

Video below uses the same GPU for all these CPUs, and you can see the difference.

13 minutes ago, ShiroEerie said:

I'm thinking of the perks both have like r5 3400G has integrated so for the moment i won't buy a gpu or should i buy a gpu pairing it with r3 3300X.

Both are good for me, but i can't seem to pick any. (the gpu i'm rather buying is rx 570 4gb)

it kinda depends on your use case. so if you're gaming or something that requires lots of graphics, then go with a dedicated gpu.

But if you just using the pc for something like documents, browsing, watching videos, etc., i would say go with the 3400g, its perfectly fine.