Wanting to host my own game servers with my friends

Relic194

Budget (including currency): $2,000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Unturned, fiveM

Other details(existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  I have some kind of an idea for what I want in it, but I could use some help with part listings. I need a server case to start, this is all from scratch, I know I want to start out with 250 Gb M.2, 16Gb ram, but not sure what else to have

You should try to build a basic system with an Ryzen 9 5900X... If you can find one XD 
This will provide you with top notch performance both in Single and multi-threaded uses. 
If you're gonna be using the PC as a server, you will also want at least 32GB of RAM and a high efficiency PSU.
You won't be needing a powerful GPU, any old one will be fine, as you only need to output display (the AMD CPU does not have a integrated GPU).

You should also consider investing into a UPS (uninterrupted power supply) so the server doesn't crash in case of an outage, as that can corrupt servers...

Do you want a PCPartpicker list?

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link