Linus on Hot Ones ?

Strahota

For those who are not familiar with the show called Hot Ones, just youtube it, and check the Gordon Ramsay one for example 🙂
How cool would it be to have Linus in that hot seat ?

Maybe if we spam it enough here, he will actually do it ?

I want Linus to star on Cold Ones, I'd prefer that over Hot Ones.

but spamming doesn't seem like the way to achieve either.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If we get enough people to support either of the two, I'm sure he will submit 🙂
For now, it is enough just for him to see these ideas, so they can slowly grow in the back of his head.

1 hour ago, minibois said:

but spamming doesn't seem like the way to achieve either.

? I searched up Cold Ones and it came up with cold crimes.

57 minutes ago, Smurf09 said:

? I searched up Cold Ones and it came up with cold crimes.

wow, Google/YouTube is not even showing you this 1.37 million subscriber YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfbnTUxUech4P1XgYUwYuKA

It's a channel by two Australian guys, Anything4Views and Maxmoefoe, centered around their podcast (of the same name, "Cold Ones") in which they drink and just talk and vibe.

They have had some pretty big (in terms of internet fame) guests on there, like Sean Evans (from Hot Ones), Twomad, Belle Delphine, Ian Hecox (from Smosh), Pewdiepie and more.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I want to see him on hot ones, but I don't agree with spamming

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

I want to see him on hot ones, but I don't agree with spamming

When i said spamming, i meant great number of comments confirming the original idea. NOT actual spam !!!
You guys are way to literal 🙂
Proper tech forum no doubt.

8 hours ago, Strahota said:

Maybe if we spam it enough here, he will actually do it ?

This would go against our current Community Standards.

1 hour ago, Strahota said:

When i said spamming, i meant great number of comments confirming the original idea. NOT actual spam !!!
You guys are way to literal 🙂
Proper tech forum no doubt.

Then I suggest you say what you mean not what you dont.

This is a public forum, open for interpretation by all that read it ... this is the internet so be specific when you say something, or it will be mis-interpreted.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

13 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

This would go against our current Community Standards.

Then I suggest you say what you mean not what you dont.

This is a public forum, open for interpretation by all that read it ... this is the internet so be specific when you say something, or it will be mis-interpreted.

LoL ... we just went off topic from off topic thread, in a matter of seconds,

Please relax mod, no disagreement with what you said, im a friend and a fan.
No ill will.

It has been suggested before, but honestly I have no idea why people think Linus would be on Hot Ones? I don't watch it but my understanding is the people who appear on Hot Ones are on promotional circuit for their upcoming movie/tv show/album. If you look at every person they have on the show it's always someone who has a new movie or whatever releasing the same week and they're using the hot ones episode to promote it. Same as whenever an actor appears on those late night talk shows promoting their upcoming movie or is doing interviews with E!

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with them going on the promotional circuit to plug their movies and albums, and if you're the sort of person that reads the celebrity gossip magazines I'm sure you'll enjoy it, but that sort of thing just doesn't interest me.

If you just want to see Linus eat hot sauce couldn't he just do that on channel super fun?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

but that sort of thing just doesn't interest me.

Ditto.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

12 hours ago, minibois said:

They have had some pretty big (in terms of internet fame) guests on there, like Sean Evans (from Hot Ones), Twomad, Belle Delphine, Ian Hecox (from Smosh), Pewdiepie and more.

Don’t pretend I did not see that.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

It has been suggested before, but honestly I have no idea why people think Linus would be on Hot Ones? I don't watch it but my understanding is the people who appear on Hot Ones are on promotional circuit for their upcoming movie/tv show/album. If you look at every person they have on the show it's always someone who has a new movie or whatever releasing the same week and they're using the hot ones episode to promote it. Same as whenever an actor appears on those late night talk shows promoting their upcoming movie or is doing interviews with E!

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with them going on the promotional circuit to plug their movies and albums, and if you're the sort of person that reads the celebrity gossip magazines I'm sure you'll enjoy it, but that sort of thing just doesn't interest me.

If you just want to see Linus eat hot sauce couldn't he just do that on channel super fun?

not all of them, sure a lot are, but there's the occasional odit.

it's also funny to see celebrities "palate" or how much heat they can handle, along with some questions, I personally think it would be hilarious to see linus go on. 

I've never read a celebrity gossip magazine and most likely never will, but it's always funny to see people eat spicy food.  

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

^^^this. any excuse to keep that channel going is a good one

"I'M ready to go, I'M already wet."

-Linus

17 hours ago, minibois said:

2 hours ago, TheGamingGeneral said:

Cold ones! Cold ones!

Linus doesn't drink.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I think the one featuring Alton Brown was the only one I've watched.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

6 hours ago, Spotty said:

Promotional part is true for most of the guests, but not all. Those are rare exceptions, but still enough to beat the rule ( Gordon Ramsay one is the perfect example of that ).
On top of that cool twist with seeing reactions to hot wings, Sean is a really good interviewer. He does his homework with all of his guests, asks intelligent and meaningful questions and just makes a good show.
Millions of spicy food fans will be introduced to cool tech guy, and millions of techies will be introduced to one more cool channel.

While spicy wings could be eaten on channel super fun no doubt, none of the above would be realized.
And in a words of wise Ratchet7989, any excuse to keep that channel going is a good one 🙂

6 minutes ago, Strahota said:

Promotional part is true for most of the guests, but not all. Those are rare exceptions, but still enough to beat the rule ( Gordon Ramsay one is the perfect example of that ).

I looked at the Gordon Ramsay video. Haven't watched the full video but wasn't it promoting MasterChef Jr? From the video description they specifically mention that he will be hosting Masterchef Jr which would be airing in around a week from the date the Hot Ones video went up?

Gordon Ramsay is one of the world's most decorated and successful chefs, with an empire that includes more than a dozen restaurants, countless best-selling cookbooks, and seven hit TV shows, including Master Chef Jr., which returns to Fox this February.

It's 35 seconds in before they started talking about the "Fox hit show Masterchef" that he's a part of that is returning, then again at 2:25 they again start discussing the return of Masterchef Jr on Fox along with promotional footage for the show edited in. Only watched up to the 2nd time they plugged the show because I have better things to do, but I'm not sure it's the perfect example that you think it is.

22 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I looked at the Gordon Ramsay video. Haven't watched the full video but wasn't it promoting MasterChef Jr? From the video description they specifically mention that he will be hosting Masterchef Jr which would be airing in around a week from the date the Hot Ones video went up?

It's 35 seconds in before they started talking about the "Fox hit show Masterchef" that he's a part of that is returning, then again at 2:25 they again start discussing the return of Masterchef Jr on Fox along with promotional footage for the show edited in. Only watched up to the 2nd time they plugged the show because I have better things to do, but I'm not sure it's the perfect example that you think it is.

1. No. That was brought up by Sean during intro as one of Gordon's achievements.

2. No. That was Sean's question regarding child talent in the show, and was there any one child that stood out.

Plugs usually go at the end of the interview, after guest defeats the hottest wing.

Please look at Gordon's 3 second plug at the end ( i cant post that without violating forum rules 🙂 )