What is this... is it a pci / e converter or?

Mark Kaine
Go to solution Solved by it_dont_work,

It's a breakout card for an older mobo, changes the angle of the isa and pci slots depending on the form factor so you can physically mount cards. connection is most likely proprietary they used to be rather common.

Still see them on some server equipment sometimes 

Here's a vid of it installed 

Just found this... I suppose it belongs to my Fujitsu (no Siemens) Ergo Pro X... but I have no idea what it is... 

Also seems kinda big for that small pc... anyone know what this is and if it's useful? 

20210128_063743.thumb.jpg.6d1a124f73ae65d4db1a71d6110c3bee.jpg

20210128_063752.thumb.jpg.d615ccf734eaf25b6bc1397015d44647.jpg

TIA 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

It seems like a PCIe splitter or something

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

This is a riser card for an old Windows 95 PC for ISA and PCI. I'm not sure exactly what the connection is but it appears to be 2 PCI connectors. There isn't really any modern use for this even if you could use it on a modern PC because motherboards don't support DMA which you'd need for a lot of common ISA cards.

1 minute ago, MineMineMelon said:

This is a riser card for an old Windows 95 PC for ISA and PCI. I'm not sure exactly what the connection is but it appears to be 2 PCI connectors. There isn't really any modern use for this even if you could use it on a modern PC because motherboards don't support DMA which you'd need for a lot of common ISA cards.

That is what I was thinking as well. Fun seeing this old stuff from time to time. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

12 minutes ago, Pickles - One of the Jar said:

That is what I was thinking as well. Fun seeing this old stuff from time to time. 

14 minutes ago, MineMineMelon said:

yeah, I meant this is obviously for my Fujitsu Ergo Pro X (it says FUJITSU on the card) ... so is it useful for connecting a video card for example...? 

This pc doesn't have a video card - I have no idea how they do it (igpu perhaps?) but it's a pretty solid gaming machine... for DOS games, pretty sure it's 60fps too... 

But I always wanted to maybe put a voodoo card in there or whatever is adequate... 

the cpu is called Pentium (so the first one I suppose) it's running windows 98.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Just now, Mark Kaine said:

yeah, I meant this is obviously for my Fujitsu Ergo Pro X... so is it useful for connecting a video card for example...? 

This pc doesn't have a video card - I have no idea how they do it (igpu perhaps?) but it's a pretty solid gaming machine... for DOS games, pretty sure it's 60fps too... 

But I always wanted to maybe put a voodoo card in there or whatever is wrong with adequate... 

the cpu is called Pentium (so the first one I suppose) it's running windows 98.

Yeah you should be able to throw a Voodoo card in there I see no reason why you wouldn't be. Keep in mind that if you are running a Voodoo card you also need a 2D card, although I assume if you're buying a Voodoo you already know that. It has 2 PCI connectors so you will probably be able to run both cards.

1 minute ago, MineMineMelon said:

Yeah you should be able to throw a Voodoo card in there I see no reason why you wouldn't be. Keep in mind that if you are running a Voodoo card you also need a 2D card, although I assume if you're buying a Voodoo you already know that. It has 2 PCI connectors so you will probably be able to run both cards.

Ah I see, no I didn't know that, but that makes a lot of sense, seems almost designed for exactly that purpose then....

What are the 3 other slots under the 2 pci slots btw? that's the most confusing part to me 😂 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

It's a breakout card for an older mobo, changes the angle of the isa and pci slots depending on the form factor so you can physically mount cards. connection is most likely proprietary they used to be rather common.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

31 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Just found this... I suppose it belongs to my Fujitsu (no Siemens) Ergo Pro X... but I have no idea what it is... 

Also seems kinda big for that small pc... anyone know what this is and if it's useful? 

20210128_063743.thumb.jpg.6d1a124f73ae65d4db1a71d6110c3bee.jpg

20210128_063752.thumb.jpg.d615ccf734eaf25b6bc1397015d44647.jpg

TIA 

looks like some kind of pci to isa and pci splitter

hey! i know to use a computer

7 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

oh thanks! so it *is* for the Ergo Pro... I couldn't imagine how it even fit.... it's a really relatively small case!  😮

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Ah I see, no I didn't know that, but that makes a lot of sense, seems almost designed for exactly that purpose then....

What are the 3 other slots under the 2 pci slots btw? that's the most confusing part to me 😂 

The other slots are ISA slots, which is an older standard that predates PCI. You won't be able to run any high bandwidth cards like graphics cards off of them, but they are useful if you need to expand I/O with expansion cards.