New RTX 30 Series Card, stretched random vertices in all games

Dynamisticality

Hey so I just wanted to ask if anyone knows why this problem could be happening or is having it as well, I can't find anything online and having recently upgraded from an Asus GTX 1060 6gb Single Fan Edition to a Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC, went smoothly other than this problem, it's pretty annoying as it spoils the immersion in games, it seems to happen in all of my games and isnt specific to just one of them

It seems to be very frequent and pretty annoying

image.thumb.png.456a97d576974c117b1ae00ceeb3193f.png

image.thumb.png.85e2a25dcdade85399ce2ea434d6dff6.png

image.thumb.png.7489083c2f2a18dfca5ce25c464541e9.png

tried DDU and reinstalling the latest drivers?

im thinking software bug

is it only a single game?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

tried DDU and reinstalling the latest drivers?

im thinking software bug

is it only a single game?

What's DDU? Where can I find the latest drivers, geforce experience? And no, it's happened in about 6 different games now

1 minute ago, Dynamisticality said:

What's DDU? Where can I find the latest drivers, geforce experience? And no, it's happened in about 6 different games now

display driver uninstaller, download that and your latest gpu driver from nvidia's site, unplug from the internet (so windows wont immediately try to install its own driver after you remove yours) and run DDU, after cleaning, install the driver you downloaded (DDU will remove geforce experience as well)

23 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

display driver uninstaller, download that and your latest gpu driver from nvidia's site, unplug from the internet (so windows wont immediately try to install its own driver after you remove yours) and run DDU, after cleaning, install the driver you downloaded (DDU will remove geforce experience as well)

Alright, I've done that I'll let you know if it keeps happening, if it does then it shouldn't take long

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

Still got the issue after doing it

image.thumb.png.227e738f6f8d2133325f0b0b81db04a5.png

1 hour ago, Dynamisticality said:

image.png.d2e8d95ea9e240d664e4d2b13deb4766.png

Just got this for first time after installing new drivers

Hmm, I have no such issue, can't really tell what's up with that

1 minute ago, Dynamisticality said:

Still got the issue after doing it

image.thumb.png.227e738f6f8d2133325f0b0b81db04a5.png

Try switching back to your old GPU

If it's happening in multiple games and DDU doesn't help, it might be hardware fault, or something in your system is incompatible with the 3070

I would suggest reinstalling windows from a USB stick as your next go-to

You can do it on a spare drive and use it, see if the issue crops up in the fresh install

If it does and swapping to 1060 doesn't produce the same issue, you might have to return the GPU

I can't see this as being hardware fault as it's very weird, normally you'd just crash or see very weird artifacts of it's unstable, not having issues that you described, but anything can happen I guess

Oh, what CPU and motherboard is it?

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Oh, what CPU and motherboard is it?

10 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Hmm, I have no such issue, can't really tell what's up with that

Try switching back to your old GPU

If it's happening in multiple games and DDU doesn't help, it might be hardware fault, or something in your system is incompatible with the 3070

I would suggest reinstalling windows from a USB stick as your next go-to

You can do it on a spare drive and use it, see if the issue crops up in the fresh install

If it does and swapping to 1060 doesn't produce the same issue, you might have to return the GPU

I can't see this as being hardware fault as it's very weird, normally you'd just crash or see very weird artifacts of it's unstable, not having issues that you described, but anything can happen I guess

I've got a Ryzen 7 3700x and the Gigabyte Gaming OC Version of the 3070, my motherboard is an Asus TUF B450-Pro Gaming mb. I'll switch back to my old gpu, but i wasnt having this issue before with it anyway ill let u know what happens, worried about returning it, because i was insanely lucky to even get one, was planning on getting a 3080 but i got a 3070 since i was lucky enough to get one in stock

Just now, Dynamisticality said:

I've got a Ryzen 7 3700x and the Gigabyte Gaming OC Version of the 3070, my motherboard is an Asus TUF B450-Pro Gaming mb. I'll switch back to my old gpu, but i wasnt having this issue before with it anyway ill let u know what happens, worried about returning it, because i was insanely lucky to even get one, was planning on getting a 3080 but i got a 3070 since i was lucky enough to get one in stock

Ah... You can try setting it to pcie 3.0 in bios instead of auto

Theoretically it should run at 3.0 because that's what your board is capable of, but just set it that way to be absolutely sure it's not auto-ing into something weird

Did you try with DDu in safe mode and disabling windows automatic driver installation. (you can set safe mode promt in DDU program). If this isn't working, try in another PC (if you can) Could be a memory stability problem with the card. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 hours ago, Dynamisticality said:

It seems to be very frequent and pretty annoying

image.thumb.png.456a97d576974c117b1ae00ceeb3193f.png

image.thumb.png.85e2a25dcdade85399ce2ea434d6dff6.png

image.thumb.png.7489083c2f2a18dfca5ce25c464541e9.png

can someone please point out to me what the issue even is? I don't see anything wrong with these (outside kind of low quality graphics) not trolling either... it looks 'normal' to me? 

which is why I believe these driver errors are possibly unrelated as they only happened after installing (most likely) newest drivers...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Have you tried underclocking and/or undervolting the Gpu and memory? 

Kinda looks like the kind of artifacts you get when you push the overclock too hard. 

are you using a PCIe riser cable in your build? if so try setting it to PCIE 3.0 not auto

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

If you've already removed existing drivers using DDU (from Windows safe-mode) and reinstalled the drivers, then try underclocking the card like Dudis suggested.

If you've already tried underclocking the card and it didn't solve the issue, then maybe contact Gigabyte about it. And if you've underclocked the card and that solved the issue, then maybe contact Gigabyte about it anyway because it should be performing at its rated spec without issues.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Sorry for the lack of update been busy irl,i managed to find the solution and it was that my rtx 3070 only supports 4th gen pcie, not 3rd gen, causing these problems to happen.

Sorry for the lack of update been busy irl,i managed to find the solution and it was that my rtx 3070 only supports 4th gen pcie, not 3rd gen, causing these problems to happen.

PCIe is backwards and forward compatible with one another. What on earth led you to that conclusion?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

So how did you fix it? 

Also pci-e is backwards compatible, so while this might still be an issue, the info you got is most certainly incorrect. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 1/26/2021 at 3:21 PM, Dudis said:

Kinda looks like the kind of artifacts you get when you push the overclock too hard. 

omg, im just seeing it now - idk how I didn't earlier lmao, isn't this all the same game....? 

the graphics look so terrible I really didn't see those, umm, stripes haha... 

looks like a faulty gpu tbh - OR a buggy game (my bet is on the latter for now, oof) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity