Is there a PSU warranty that replaces other damaged PC parts as a result of failure, or should I care?

ArcX

Hi guys,

I've been making a plan to build my PC (which I might not be able to until a few years later) for sometime now. It's been going pretty good and sits at around $1080 so far (without the PSU), with an RTX 3060ti and the RGB goodness. However, I'm kind of anxious with what PSU I should get. I have this constant fear that something might go wrong before the warranty expires with it, and the company I bought it from can't replace the broken parts of my PC due to power surges and other stuff from a PSU failure.

So the question is, is there such a PSU company that will replace other damaged PC parts as a result of failure before the warranty ends? Or should I care so much about it?

Thanks,

ArcX

No, because people can abuse this, saying they had a broken 3090, in fact they only had 1050, just for example.

You buy the PSU knowing that the warranty only covers the unit not the whole computer.

If you wanna protect the whole computer, buy a prebuild.

Get a corsair or seasonic, you'll be fine.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will try to get a PSU from Corsair, as some can be normally priced if you keep looking.

3 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Get a corsair or seasonic, you'll be fine.

There're a couple of logical fallacies in this statement.
A) both Corsair and Seasonic have terrible units

B) Recommending just two brands is kind of a terrible thing to, as these two brands aren't the only two capable of selling good units.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

9 minutes ago, Elisis said:

There're a couple of logical fallacies in this statement.
A) both Corsair and Seasonic have terrible units

B) Recommending just two brands is kind of a terrible thing to, as these two brands aren't the only two capable of selling good units.

Well it's a quick suggestion, i had good experience with both brand even with the worse model.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

i had good experience with both brand even with the worse model.

So?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

4 minutes ago, Elisis said:

So?

So? what are you trying to say bro. If you have better suggestion, just say it rather than trolling someone.

If you ask me, I'm gonna say get Corsair whenever available, that is my top of mind brand for PSU.

Yes other brand have good PSU too, but i have no experience with them.