Usb 3.1 keeps giving only 2.0 speeds

brushie_

This is for an MSI Z490 Tomahawk motherboard, and my issue is when using my Oculus Rift CV1 with four USB connections (1 for the headset, 3 for the sensors), some of the connections on the Oculus program tell me they're running at 2.0 speeds.

I've played a little with my Bios to see if there was any setting that could mess with this and found nothing. I've disabled the type c port in case it's a power draw problem but hasn't changed anything.

I assume it's the motherboard because this issue hasn't happened with my previous setup using an old X99 mobo.

Do all those components even use USB3?

I mean I'm not familiar with VR devices, but usually sensors, game controllers or other input devices just use USB2 because it doesn't require that much throughput anyway.

Vr requires 3.0 for the headset and at least two sensors. If only one of the devices were acting like this I'd just leave it be. It will work, but the tracking can get iffy if two of the sensors or the headset are still at 2.0. It may just be an Oculus thing with the CV1 since I haven't used the sensors that the Vive/Index use.

1 hour ago, GoodEnough said:

is it only with that hardware/software or just the usb ports in general?

I don't have any other things that require 3.0 besides my phone charger, and no way I can think of to verify what speeds it's currently using. It will say what speed the current sensor headset is using on the program, just not home to get a screenshot.

Update with a picture. Sometimes it will just be the headset, sometimes two sensors, or one sensor and headset.

usb3.JPG