Corsair icue and third party

Caolan.Kelly

I currently have a msi motherboard and 3 ( soon to be 6 ) corsair fans which I control through icue. But I would like to stick some of phanteks neon rgb straps and link them all together to have the same effects. Is there anyway to do this?

To link the light strip to icue even though they aren't corsair 

Thank you in advance 

I'm not sure if MSI can do it but my Phanteks case, Phenteks lightstrips, Asus motherboard and also Asus videocard are synced fine with Icue. I had to get a cable to connect the case to the motherboard though. Case is Phanteks P400S.

If you're looking to use your RGB headers on your motherboard, iCUE will only allow you to configure ASUS motherboards at the moment. You'll have to use Mystic Light to control your Phanteks light strips.

You can use an iCUE Commander Pro with non-Corsair RGB strips, but they must be of the WS2812B specification.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

10 minutes ago, PorkishPig said:

If you're looking to use your RGB headers on your motherboards, iCUE will only allow you to configure ASUS motherboards at the moment. You'll have to use Mystic Light control your Phanteks light strips.

You can use an iCUE Commander Pro with non-Corsair RGB strips, but they must be of the WS2812B specification.

All the searching online and it got very confusing and you make it so easy 

Thank you 

If they are not of the spec can you get an adapter cable for it ? 

14 hours ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

All the searching online and it got very confusing and you make it so easy 

Thank you 

If they are not of the spec can you get an adapter cable for it ? 

It looks like Phanteks offers a WS2812B pin adapter at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BZIBJAK.

In theory this should work, though I couldn't find anyone who's used this adapter for this specific purpose. Therefore, I cannot guarantee compatibility.

This was not the correct cable for the job. See @thrasher_565's post.

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

3 hours ago, PorkishPig said:

It looks like Phanteks offers a WS2812B pin adapter at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BZIBJAK.

In theory this should work, though I couldn't find anyone who's used this adapter for this specific purpose. Therefore, I cannot guarantee compatibility.

thank you ive been looking for this adapter, now i just need the commander pro to run it all, if only it was reasonably priced

@PorkishPig You mentioned earlier that iCue will only configure Asus mobo's atm. Do you think that iCue will eventually offer support on other boards?

I just powered on a new build today...and played hell trying to get my CoolerMaster Masterliquid ML240L to sync with my icue components (which now I it can't). I'm using an ASRock B450M Pro4 mobo, and plugged the pump into non addressable rgb header on my board. So far only way to control the pump rgb is through the bios....which is horrible lol.

Made the mistake of trying to run iCue at the same time as ASRock's Polychrome....ended up blue screening me into oblivion and had to completely re-install windows

4 hours ago, Jmonty1984 said:

You mentioned earlier that iCue will only configure Asus mobo's atm. Do you think that iCue will eventually offer support on other boards?

Yes, I believe additional support for more motherboard manufacturers will come eventually.

Corsair likely supports ASUS products due to their public Software Development Kit (SDK) for their RGB controller, likely accompanying full support from ASUS through integration. Other companies, who may be confident in their competing RGB software, are unlikely to integrate with iCUE -- such as Razer, SteelSeries, and NZXT.

If I had to bet, MSI would likely be the next to provide integration with iCUE, as they have fairly basic software with a public SDK. ASRock and Gigabyte on the other hand, while having lackluster RGB software, do not provide a public SDK to allow for iCUE compatibility.

Desktop

Homelab

13 hours ago, PorkishPig said:

thats an rgb cable...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

14 hours ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

I currently have a msi motherboard and 3 ( soon to be 6 ) corsair fans which I control through icue. But I would like to stick some of phanteks neon rgb straps and link them all together to have the same effects. Is there anyway to do this?

To link the light strip to icue even though they aren't corsair 

Thank you in advance 

this is what you need.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

14 hours ago, PorkishPig said:

If you're looking to use your RGB headers on your motherboard, iCUE will only allow you to configure ASUS motherboards at the moment. You'll have to use Mystic Light to control your Phanteks light strips.

well corsair uses both 3 pin and 4 pin argb. 3 pin on there lnp and commander and 4 pin for there hub  for fans. there strips hooks to the 3 pin on the controller well the fans hook to the hub then the hub to one led port so its confusing on what works. best bet is to hook it to the 3 pin off the controller.

but corsair also uses proprietary connectors on there stuff so you need an adapter to even attach non corsair to it. i would start with WS2812B.

Edited by thrasher_565

40 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

thats an rgb cable...

Woops, not sure how I ended up with that adapter. I edited my post, thanks for the correction.

Desktop

Homelab

1 hour ago, PorkishPig said:

Woops, not sure how I ended up with that adapter. I edited my post, thanks for the correction.

np

10 hours ago, PorkishPig said:

9 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

np

Corsair RGB to Phanteks/Lian-Li/Light Strip JST-SM ARGB Adapter 

https://www.caseking.de/en/phanteks-neon-digital-rgb-led-strip-combo-set-40cm-2-stueck-mols-193.html

so i bought these and the commander pro they should work together to control the light strip through icue right ?

edit : i have checked and they should be 56 leds per strip as i will daisy chain two of them in each of the commander pro outputs so if im right corsair icue will do 60 if i put them as 2 corsair light strips right ?

thanks for all the help

5 minutes ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

Corsair RGB to Phanteks/Lian-Li/Light Strip JST-SM ARGB Adapter 

https://www.caseking.de/en/phanteks-neon-digital-rgb-led-strip-combo-set-40cm-2-stueck-mols-193.html

so i bought these and the commander pro they should work together to control the light strip through icue right ?

no i add the link to the adapter you would need....