Hello.

I have an issue with  pc. So spec are:

CPU Ryzen 5 3500

MB  B450 Tomahawk MAX

GPU Saphhire nitro + RX 5700 XT 8GB

RAM 16GB Patriot viper 3200Mhz ram

SSD Crucial p1 NVME 1TB SSD

PSU Aerocool LUX 750W +80 bronze 

But I figured out that problem is not with the hardware. Why? Because I swapped each component with same new one or different (like Ryzen 5 3600, or B550 Aorus ELITE, or  RX 5600 6GB, other brand and power PSU  and e.e.) and result are the same. Tried to re instal windows, drivers and e.e. Temperatures are good. 

So problem is:

While gaming  Gpu usage is 60-80% on all games (like warzone I'm getting no more than 90-110FPS maxed out) and if I wanted to get more fps and trying to set all setting to low instead of getting more FPS I'm seeing less GPU utliziation and same 90-110 FPS.

I tried different bench tests like user bench, 3Dmark, or geek bench and results are perfect. GPU showing 99% utilization and final results are as expected for this card. 

I found out that card uses 200-260w of power while on bench tests, but while gaming is uses 130-160W of power, so maybe it's has to do something with this power thing

I'm owning pc building shop, and this happen for few of my customers, so I want to fix the problem for them, but I'm out of options, so I'm very hopeful for you guys to help me.

2 minutes ago, Dasi2lis said:

While gaming  Gpu usage is 60-80% on all games (like warzone I'm getting no more than 90-110FPS maxed out) and if I wanted to get more fps and trying to set all setting to low instead of getting more FPS I'm seeing less GPU utliziation and same 90-110 FPS

This sounds like a CPU bottleneck. What is the CPU utilization?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Maybe, but I don't think so, because it's 6 cores and i tried to swap to Ryzen 5 3600 and I5 10400F but results are same. Cpu utilization is 40-60%

And ryzen 5 3600 could handle card like 2080 TI and rx 5700xt is not same level card 😕

10 minutes ago, Dasi2lis said:

Hello.

I have an issue with  pc. So spec are:

CPU Ryzen 5 3500

MB  B450 Tomahawk MAX

GPU Saphhire nitro + RX 5700 XT 8GB

RAM 16GB Patriot viper 3200Mhz ram

SSD Crucial p1 NVME 1TB SSD

PSU Aerocool LUX 750W +80 bronze 

But I figured out that problem is not with the hardware. Why? Because I swapped each component with same new one or different (like Ryzen 5 3600, or B550 Aorus ELITE, or  RX 5600 6GB, other brand and power PSU  and e.e.) and result are the same. Tried to re instal windows, drivers and e.e. Temperatures are good. 

So problem is:

While gaming  Gpu usage is 60-80% on all games (like warzone I'm getting no more than 90-110FPS maxed out) and if I wanted to get more fps and trying to set all setting to low instead of getting more FPS I'm seeing less GPU utliziation and same 90-110 FPS.

I tried different bench tests like user bench, 3Dmark, or geek bench and results are perfect. GPU showing 99% utilization and final results are as expected for this card. 

I found out that card uses 200-260w of power while on bench tests, but while gaming is uses 130-160W of power, so maybe it's has to do something with this power thing

I'm owning pc building shop, and this happen for few of my customers, so I want to fix the problem for them, but I'm out of options, so I'm very hopeful for you guys to help me.

What is the refresh rate of your monitor? I have a Ryzen 5 1600af/RX 5700 with a 60hz 1080 monitor and if I don't limit the framerate, I'll find my CPU utilization at like 90-100% while it is pushing 100+ fps in certain games. Of course, my monitor is only capable of 60 fps so I don't actually see these frame rates.

If your monitor is only a 60 hz, there is no point in exceeding 60 fps.

2 minutes ago, Dasi2lis said:

no it's 140Hz so it's not the problem too.

1080 resolution also is more CPU dependent than higher resolutions, especially with higher fps. 

generally this cpu shouldn't be bottlenecking that gpu at all, but it might just be the games your playing, hence benchmarks are fine... (they usually don't use much cpu at all anyways) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I agree, but it doesnet explain why other same spec pcs has at least +40FPS with same specs

9 minutes ago, Dasi2lis said:

Cpu utilization is 40-60%

Unlikely to be a CPU bottleneck then unless the particular game is single-threaded and maxing said single thread. But, I agree, the 3600 should not be having that issue.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Exactly and as I said before I swaped it for same intel 6cores 12 threads cpu and results are same. If for example card would behave same in benchmarks I would agree that's gpu fault, but it's not. I trying found some kind of connection between gpu power consumption and usage. Consuption are caused because low ussange or low ussage are caused because of consumption

5 minutes ago, Dasi2lis said:

I agree, but it doesnet explain why other same spec pcs has at least +40FPS with same specs

that's true, doesn't really explain that... 

So imo it's either drivers (ie maybe older ones would work better) or simply game settings... did you check 100% these other PCs run the same exact settings?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

21 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

that's true, doesn't really explain that... 

So imo it's either drivers (ie maybe older ones would work better) or simply game settings... did you check 100% these other PCs run the same exact settings?

I tried other drivers too.. 😄 I have built more than 1000PCs and it's first time to have issua like that. 

I forgot to mention that my personal rig with R5 3600 and RTX 3070 behaves same on warzone and some other games. YOu can see gpu usage on warzone 

GPU.png