Is it ok if i accidently toutched the pcbs of the mobo

G-spot

Hi there i am a first time builder, i recived my mobo, and i got it out of the anti static bag, but when i wnated to put the mobo in the bag because my casa didnt arrived i accidently touched the pcb that are attatched to the usb2.0 and the ftont panel, i had clean head(i wahsed them, and i grounded myself to a big metal pice, am i fine? 

1 minute ago, Speedbird said:

You'll be fine.

Well i hope so😅😁

Once is OK; just make sure to use a anti-static wrist-strap in the future if you can especially if it's an expensive mobo, or if you can't get a anti-static wrist-strap in time, wear a tennis shoe or something with non-conductive soles and make sure to not wear wool sweaters or other clothing which easily build up static.  Most (especially consumer) computer parts these days of at least decent quality are designed with the occasional accidental mishandling in mind.

Edit -

10 minutes ago, G-spot said:

i grounded myself to a big metal pice

MAKE SURE that metal piece thing is connected to the GROUND of an electrical outlet; otherwise it could actually make things worse.  Just plug in your PSU to any outlet, set your PSU switch to the OFF position, and then ground yourself to the PSU chassis; that should be more than enough.

Edited by linuxChips2600
Reread OP more carefully and noticed cruical details

I'm confused as to what you mean when you say that you accidentally touched the PCB of the motherboard. I mean, you have to in order to install it, no? You probably mean pins, not PCB. Either way, you're most likely totally fine. Honestly, when you go to build your PC, just occasionally touching a metal part of the case should be fine in order to fully discharge yourself. If you want to take full precaution, you can attach a wrist strap to your power supply, preferably unpainted metal if possible, with it plugged in(with a properly grounded outlet) and turned off, and use that to keep yourself grounded. You can also invest in an anti-static mat that connects to ground on your outlet, and it'll also give you a nice non-abrasive surface to use to place your components on.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Jayz did a video spoof highlighting all the things they say you should never do.  He placed the motherboard on top of the anti-static bag, touched almost every part of the motherboard, built the pc on carpet, installed different ram chips, etc.  It still worked. 

5 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I'm confused as to what you mean when you say that you accidentally touched the PCB

Spoiler

😉

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Ive dragged a screwdriver across mine and it works fine.

It has a protective coating that scuffed a bit but that is all.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

It'll be perfectly fine. I've touched many different parts of a few mobos and they still all work perfectly fine. It's designed that you can only really destroy it by trying to short it out or by bending something. In theory. I know that they can also be destroyed much easier than that, but it's the theory behind it.

Also, don't hate me for this, you don't have to use an anti-static wrist strap. I have put together 2 laptops, and 3 PC's many times and they haven't been destroyed by it. But I would recommend you having your computer in a NON-GROUNDABLE place (Plastic table, wood floor, something not conductive) and either you be on the same surface, or you be on a "grounded" place (Like the ground. Or a metal floor). Though you really should wear an anti-static wrist strap. I'm just being lazy and don't want to buy one. And either way, use the plugged-in (But turned OFF) power supply to ground yourself every few mins.

Would NOT recommend building on like a metal table or a freezer top or something like that.

LTT has also done a video though with ElectroBoom showing that it really takes a LOT to kill your parts with static. But don't try it yourself if you value your hardware.

*** Thread cleaned ***

Bad grammar is not excuse to engage full-on trolling mode.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv