New To Building, Any Recommendations Appreciated

Legittt

Budget (including currency): $1400 - $2000 USD 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rocket League, Dying Light, Dying Light 2, all Dragon Age games, all Borderlands games, Back4Blood, FPS & RPG games primarily. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dNBB4d

Hi guys, this will be my first time building my own PC and would love any insight on what I already have my eyes on. The case I would prefer to keep the same but definitely open to suggestion. I am also aware that the motherboard may need a BIOS update before working with the CPU on my build currently picked. J do have a friend that will give me a CPU just to update the motherboard. I prefer to stay away from RGB hardware just to save some money right now, wanting to stay away from water cooling and avoid overclocking as much as possible. Not really looking fo any peripherals at this time, just the core tower build  THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Edited by Legittt
Broken at first

2 minutes ago, Legittt said:

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

We need a starting point. What are you looking for? Are you looking to build a pc or just doing lists? Are you looking for general advice? If you want us to make a build list for you, please edit the above to specify your budget and currency, country, what you want to do with the pc, and everything else. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

3 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

We need a starting point. What are you looking for? Are you looking to build a pc or just doing lists? Are you looking for general advice? If you want us to make a build list for you, please edit the above to specify your budget and currency, country, what you want to do with the pc, and everything else. 

I know, I'm sorry. New to the forum, first post. Just took a minute to fix, my thumb hit enter by accident. My bad. 

I changed a few things, I swapped out the motherboard for a B550 board rather than X570, as there didn't seem to be a need for a higher end motherboard in this system, and might as well save $60 (also I don't like Gigabyte boards, but that's not the main reason). For the RAM, most Ryzen CPUs cannot take advantage of higher speeds than 3600 without going out of 1:1:1 ratios, which hurts performance. As for GPU, a 1660 super for $500 is a total rip off, and you would be better off getting a used 1080 Ti for $500 on eBay, but even that is overpriced. If you do have to go new, wait until the 3070 comes back into stock and buy that instead. As for the case, I don't really like those NZXT H510s, but for $60 they're ok. You'd be better off getting a Phanteks P400a or a P350a, as they're about the same price, but if you prefer the looks of this case and don't mind the meh build quality and subpar airflow, it's fine. For the PSU, my way of determining wattage is to go for the recommended wattage for the highest end part of the generation (this time around it's the RTX 3090), so a 850w power supply was the minimum I'd recommend. The Corsair RM 850w is a highly rated unit, so you cannot really go wrong with it. 

On 1/18/2021 at 11:41 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

I changed a few things, I swapped out the motherboard for a B550 board rather than X570, as there didn't seem to be a need for a higher end motherboard in this system, and might as well save $60 (also I don't like Gigabyte boards, but that's not the main reason). For the RAM, most Ryzen CPUs cannot take advantage of higher speeds than 3600 without going out of 1:1:1 ratios, which hurts performance. As for GPU, a 1660 super for $500 is a total rip off, and you would be better off getting a used 1080 Ti for $500 on eBay, but even that is overpriced. If you do have to go new, wait until the 3070 comes back into stock and buy that instead. As for the case, I don't really like those NZXT H510s, but for $60 they're ok. You'd be better off getting a Phanteks P400a or a P350a, as they're about the same price, but if you prefer the looks of this case and don't mind the meh build quality and subpar airflow, it's fine. For the PSU, my way of determining wattage is to go for the recommended wattage for the highest end part of the generation (this time around it's the RTX 3090), so a 850w power supply was the minimum I'd recommend. The Corsair RM 850w is a highly rated unit, so you cannot really go wrong with it. 

Thank you so much for the edit, I just now had time to look over everything changed. Is there a MB you could recommend that does have wifi 5 (or greater) on the MB so I wouldn't have to buy extra pieces for it?