any damm printer that doesn't give problems?

Lii

as the title says, I've tried with cheap ones, with expensive ones (200 bucks) and every freaking one give problems with no apparent reason

without even talking about how they waste ink by spraying it out for "cleaning" their heads, and limiting their damm ink support

HP LaserJet 1012. Had it for well over 10 years, and it just keeps on working. You plug it in over USB, and it just works. Windows, linux, even chromeos (yes that is technically linux as well, but still) have been plug and play. 10/10 would recommend if they are able to be purchased still, given their age. And if you don't need colour I guess.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

Got a Brother color laser MFC, always works flawlessly.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Would be nice if you specify what those problems are.

My HP deskjet still work to this day, had it when I got my very first PC, which was a Pentium 3. One problem with them is, the inks are way too expensive, even for a printer that's  so old. I rarely print these days so having no ink, isn't a big deal.

Can look at laser printers, they use toner so ink is in dry powder form, therefore it won't dry out.

I don't know if they still have now, back then Xerox has printers where its ink cartridge is actually comes in as a ink block. it melts the amount needed for whatever you want to print, while the rest of the block stays solid. It's one of those ink printers where the ink will never dried out.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Would be nice if you specify what those problems are.

My HP deskjet still work to this day, had it when I got my very first PC, which was a Pentium 3. One problem with them is, the inks are way too expensive, even for a printer that's  so old. I rarely print these days so having no ink, isn't a big deal.

Can look at laser printers, they use toner so ink is in dry powder form, therefore it won't dry out.

they don't print, waste time doing nothing

if you send a file they say to wait for the printer because it has stuff to do, while endlessly move around stuff

or if they are able to print something, they print or nothing or print stuff without adeguately release colour, the ink level often is missleading, it can be void while it's full, and viceversa, while being void it mamages somehow to print good stuff while when they are full there is no way to make them print stuff

currently I'm using the cheap epson xp352

I had in the past another epson but more expensive (idr what model it was frankly), but ot had the same problems, and one day randomly decides to die after making a wirstle sound

Just now, Caroline said:

All printers have problems, if they made a printer that had no issues then you'd only need to buy one in your life, that's how consumerism works. If you're only printing documents try a laser. I'm using a Brother and had 0 issues so far, standard printer, no wifi or mobile printing bullshittery manufacturers add to inflate its price.

shit market

anyway I do need it both for documents and photos

5 minutes ago, Lii said:

they don't print, waste time doing nothing

if you send a file they say to wait for the printer because it has stuff to do, while endlessly move around stuff

or if they are able to print something, they print or nothing or print stuff without adeguately release colour, the ink level often is missleading, it can be void while it's full, and viceversa, while being void it mamages somehow to print good stuff while when they are full there is no way to make them print stuff

currently I'm using the cheap epson xp352

I had in the past another epson but more expensive (idr what model it was frankly), but ot had the same problems, and one day randomly decides to die after making a wirstle sound

1. Clear all print jobs, restart PC, and try printing again
2. Be patient, it takes some time for the printer to start printing

3. Buy original ink from Epson (not 3rd party) ones if your color doesn't come out correctly

Don't personally own epson printers, but I have used them before a long time ago, and they do waste on ink, when it comes to cleaning. Go another brand of printer or get a laser, so it uses toner. They do have color laser ones if you need to print in color.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

1. Clear all print jobs, restart PC, and try printing again
2. Be patient, it takes some time for the printer to start printing

3. Buy original ink from Epson (not 3rd party) ones if your color doesn't come out correctly

Don't personally own epson printers, but I have used them before a long time ago, and they do waste on ink, when it comes to cleaning. Go another brand of printer or get a laser, so it uses toner. They do have color laser ones if you need to print in color.

3 it freaking does the same thing with their overpriced crap

2 I cannot stand hours to fucking print any damm thing, if I'm buying something I pretend it to work

like what?

Are you just going to ignore every suggestion to get a laser printer? You are responding to parts of the posts, but seemingly ignoring what looks like would be a pretty easy solution. 

I would also add 200 euros or dollars is not an "expensive" printer.

What do you need to print?

Professional or semiprofessional photos yea then you are stuck with incjet.

If you are OK with just pictures and office business level printing buy a laser/led printer.

HP has some nice laser printers if you do not need scanning and copying..... If you do then I would look into brothers I still think they are of higher quality

Also you can not go wrong with a brothers.

1 hour ago, The_russian said:

Are you just going to ignore every suggestion to get a laser printer? You are responding to parts of the posts, but seemingly ignoring what looks like would be a pretty easy solution. 

yeah, but which one? I just need the damm thing to work (I need it for documents and photos, so even colours) without annoyances

budget.. well less I do spend better it is, but not over 200 euros

8 hours ago, The_russian said:

Are you just going to ignore every suggestion to get a laser printer?

Since they want to print photos that's warranted.

Go with an epson ecotank or equivalent. Original ink is dirt cheap, no problem with ink level since you literally look at the level in the tank and refill yourself when needed etc. 

Have used one on several occurrences of an event where we printed a couple hundred high quality A4 photos each time over an evening, printer is 4 years old now and still works great.

Obviously the initial cost of the printer is higher since they can't recoup the "subsidy" of dirt cheap printers on overpriced cartridges (and you're not really getting a good printer under $300 or so in the first place), and like any inkjet printer you want to use it pretty regularly to avoid clogs, if you rarely print laser is king.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

22 hours ago, Lii said:

as the title says, I've tried with cheap ones, with expensive ones (200 bucks) and every freaking one give problems with no apparent reason

without even talking about how they waste ink by spraying it out for "cleaning" their heads, and limiting their damm ink support

i've had hp, cannon never had problem 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 6:42 PM, Lii said:

3 it freaking does the same thing with their overpriced crap

2 I cannot stand hours to fucking print any damm thing, if I'm buying something I pretend it to work

like what?

It seems your just here to bitch and gripe about your bad experience with that printer you have, rather than coming here to actually seek for a suggestion or a solution. I bet many others have the same exact printer as you and they don't have problems with it.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

HP officejet no problems at all, since 10+ years, it even has fax, copy and scan! 

I actually used copy for the first time recently - worked perfectly, you don't even need a pc! 

I did have to install printer software on my laptop tho, otherwise it wouldn't print, windows too dumb lol. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity