Birthday, What Should I Ask For?

Aleks

Thanks for the help guys. I honestly can't think of anything I actually need right now. I think I will ask for some cash. 

Ask for Beyerdynamic DT770 or 990 headphones (770 if you want open, 990 for closed). They are a world of a difference compared to your corsair headset. It will blow you away. 

Whatever you do don't forget to thank and appreciate the support your parents gave you. We have too many "Wants" give something that people "Need". 

If I were you and I got money for my birthday, I'd treat my parents out to dinner with it. 

EDIT: Spend some quality time!

Hyouka?

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

Ask for Beyerdynamic DT770 or 990 headphones (770 if you want open, 990 for closed). They are a world of a difference compared to your corsair headset. It will blow you away. 

I'm not much of an audiophile, the sound this headset offers is fine imo. Thanks though!

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Something sentimental is always nice too, for my 21st for example I asked for my grandfathers old fog watch. It is worth almost nothing from a monetary perspective but has sentimental value and the fact I have had it polished up and framed with a picture of him meant far more to myself and my father and grandmother than any materialistic item would.

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)

Powered by a silverstone strider 500w psu in a NZXT 210.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Something sentimental is always nice too, for my 21st for example I asked for my grandfathers old fog watch. It is worth almost nothing from a monetary perspective but has sentimental value and the fact I have had it polished up and framed with a picture of him meant far more to myself and my father and grandmother than any materialistic item would.

You sound like someone who'd have some interesting things to say over a cup of coffee. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Ask for a hug and thank your parents for being there for you. That's all you need. 

"birthday presents" psst I never had any of those.

Well OP your hearing it now, it'll make more of a impact on you and your parents if you just tell them you don't want anything from them because them being there to support you is better than any material goods.

Whatever you do don't forget to thank and appreciate the support your parents gave you. We have too many "Wants" give something that people "Need". 

If I were you and I got money for my birthday, I'd treat my parents out to dinner with it. 

EDIT: Spend some quality time!

This ^.

@MyInnerFred, you sound like quite a nice person with good family values. This is quite nice to see. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

This ^.

@MyInnerFred, you sound like quite a nice person with good family values. This is quite nice to see. :D

Thanks, but don't praise me its really nothing special. I just hope people acknowledge and appreciate what their parents do for them. 

I think its more rewarding when you quality spend time with those that are important to you. When you see something you want you should ask yourself, do I really "Need" that right now? Can I afford it?(in your case can your parents afford it?) Buy what you "Need" what you "Want" can come secondary, there's no rush and obtaining it throw your own efforts is far more satisfying. 

Just have good time with everyone. ^.^ 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

You sound like someone who'd have some interesting things to say over a cup of coffee. 

I have just gained a slow appreciation for the little things, having had it all and losing it all in a day can really hit home that it is the little things that matter. At the end of the day if I want something I will make it happen thus my collection of cars and rigs despite the fact that my income is below the minimum wage for the number of hours I work (by a good margin too but that is a different story for another time).

@OP whatever route you go just make sure to spend the day with family you will be surprised how much it will mean to them at the end of the day money is replaceable, memories (good / bad or indifferent) are not. The biggest thing you can give someone at the end of the day is your time it is the one irreplaceable finite resource we all have just in varying quantities and unlike every other resource in this modern world it is impossible to truly quantify. 

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)