what got you into computers and when did you do your first build?

jake

what got you interested into computers and when did you do your first build?

I just palyed games on my oooollllld pc.... wanted to upgrade it and thats how it went..

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

i dont really find this as spam, its definitely more relevant than that what car do you have post. i was into computers very early on, i booted up an old mac when i was about 5, physically built my first computer when i was 11 out of a bunch of old parts and thats what really peaked my interest and i started reading my uncles computer magazines, took off from there eventually i started reading engadget posts in i think 2007 and thats when things really took off and i started fixing computers, ever expanding my knowledge, upgraded a few then i finally built my gaming rig in 2011, i was waiting for a really good processor to come out before i built it and an i5-2500k was that processor, fast forward almost 2 years now i have a beast gaming itx rig

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

i bought a pc and realized it was crap. so i was starting to change my components, and then i got an intern place by a pc store and the ball starts rolling...

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

I always had a PC from before i remember. I inherited my families desktop and have been upgrading it ever since.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I got into PCs because I wanted to play all the great PC games and because even the same games were way more expensive on PS3. I did my first build in July 2012.

Bitfenix Shinobi Window, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i5 3570k Cooled by Noctua NH-U12S, msi GTX 660 (non-ti) 2GB, Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 8GBCorsair CX600, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, ASUS Xonar DGX, Windows 7 Home Premium, 1995 IBM Model M2 (buckling springs), SteelSeries Sensei RAW, Sennheiser HD 518, A 22" 1680x1050 LG TV, Samsung S27D390H 27" PLS HD Monitor, Crucial MX-100 256GB SSD, RGB Case LEDs from IKEA(no kidding)

Seriously, Linus got me into Computers. I was looking for a good MoBo for my new CPU, so I was searching for some Youtube videos and found his Unboxing Video. I really liked it and then I was watching one Linus video after the other. This awoke my interest in Computer Hardware and bought me here.

I've messed around with builds, and added/removed hardware but I've yet to build a complete rig. Hopefully I get to do so this year.

My first custom computer was about 10 years ago but I've always been interesting in computers and technology. I didn't building another computer until a few months ago, had been living with a laptop I got for university once my first custom pc was getting a little old.

i got into computers back in the 1st grade in 1992 i think it was. my cousin who had recently moved in with my family was going to school and one of his teachers got him into computers, and as i looked up to him i also got into computers. he got a used 8088 that year and in a couple of months our houshold invested in a 386 with geoworks. the next year we went to a 486 (with windows 3.11), and of course the whole time i was just a little kid drooling over the technology. when in 1996 i screwed up the family computer (windows 95) and reloaded it overnight without anyone in the house noticing anything had changed, i knew what my thing was. (was in 5th grade).

built my first pc aged 14 i think, started when my old intel single core couldnt keep up with the latest games like pong.

I started fixing with them when our old P3 was replaced with a brand new P4! The P3 died shortly after the change (which was in 2003), and after that I started opening it up to see what was wrong with it. I didn't throw away the faulty PSU before some years ago. And the Dell P4 and the P3 is still in my computer room, guess who of them is actually working? The P3 :D I can't remember when building my first PC, but I have surely screwed around with computers as long a I can remember.

MEH

I got into computers back in 97 I still remembering being in 2nd grade waiting to get home, so I could play my games on the computer. However I was more interested in games than the computer itself. I got really into computers when I built my first rig back in early 2004. Those were the days. :)

An opinion far away from your own can only be seen as madness.

my first build was phemon x4 840 and i got into because of scholl and my mates love building pc

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

i got into computers back in the 1st grade in 1992 i think it was. my cousin who had recently moved in with my family was going to school and one of his teachers got him into computers, and as i looked up to him i also got into computers. he got a used 8088 that year and in a couple of months our houshold invested in a 386 with geoworks. the next year we went to a 486 (with windows 3.11), and of course the whole time i was just a little kid drooling over the technology. when in 1996 i screwed up the family computer (windows 95) and reloaded it overnight without anyone in the house noticing anything had changed, i knew what my thing was. (was in 5th grade).
also i forgot to mention my first build. the first computer i ever built was outdated long before i built it, but i am still proud of it. in 1998 i built a 133mhz 486 (it was an amd that was supposed to perform as well as a 90mhz pentium) with 16mb of ram and a trio s3 video card that had a whole meg of memory. an a.t. 200w (that is what we used before atx) power supply and 3 200mb hdds (and no, they were not in raid, i couldn't use raid back then even if i knew how, and i didn't learn how for a year after that). a year later i had a cyrix ibm 166+ processor (ran on the intel pentium 1 chipset at 133mhz, did not have mmx) and six months after that i had a k6-2 266 with 64mb of ram and a voodoo banshee (16mb). at the time for all of those builds i had my first job at a computer store.

Well I've pretty much always been into technology and computers, but I really became a PC enthusiast about 4 years ago when Maximum PC Magazine started showing up at our house for some reason. I was hooked after the first issue.

My first rig didn't come until 1.5 years ago, though, because my parents didn't believe in me having my own PC/laptop/smartphone until I started college. But the wait was worth it! :P

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

When I was like 13 my friend fixed his power button on his P3 I think it was. Then I asked myself why am I so afraid of opening my case! Then I just could into I LOVED IT. My first build was about 4 or 5 years can't remember..

=

PC has been my life for as long as I can remember. I finished my first build by the time I was 14. Now with me liking competitive gaming, I feel I need a kick-ass PC :)

AMD FX-8350 Asus M5A-99X R2.0 EVO Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 (9-9-9-24 @1600MHz) - Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 (OC 1000MHz) - Corsair TX-650

Corsair H100i Fractal Design R4 Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 MadCatz R.A.T. 7 WD Caviar Black 2TB and Samsung 840 120GB

==="Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose" ~ Master Yoda===

My dad used to own and run the Compucentre at Market Mall (for all you Calgarians that remember) so I was using computers for as long as I could remember.

I used to play a game called crossfire, i loved the game but had bad fps. I started to look up imformation on how to get better fps on a laptop but it was hopeless, I was youtubing one day and saw Linus's channel and looked at it. I was amazed by how awesome computers were in general so i started to google and researched about computers that led me to getting my first build last year around august.

My old prebuilt crapped out maybe 18 months ago or something and my clan mate was knowledgable enough with computers to help me pick a few parts and get me started. Since then it has spiraled out of control to an uncontrollable addiction changed my components almost 4 times in pursuit of building my now dream PC. :D

If I can do it anyone can.

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

Always liked pc gaming despite having owned a ps2,xbox,and ps3. Eventually I had friends who had built their own pc's and eventually started to open my families computer and here I am now with my own rig and keeping up with new trends and whatnot

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I got into computers about four years ago when my Xbox 360 got the red ring of death and needed to be repaired. My computer was the only thing I had to play around with so I started tearing it apart and researching computers, hardware, software, networking... My kind-of first build was taking an old Dell computer and replaced almost every part in it. My first actual build was just after the release of Ivy Bridge processors.