what got you into computers and when did you do your first build?

jake

I have liked and computers since i was very, very young (2 years old), and i started building Pc's when I was 10, so yeah, i always liked this stuff.

Well I got my first PC when I was like 5 but I began to understand more about PC's when I was 11 that was when I got my laptop and I started researching and reading in forums and stuff. But back then I was more interested in movies, music, software. Two years ago I was planning to buy a PC and a friend of mine started studying to repair computers and stuff and he said to me that I should build one instead of buying it and I was like meh what if the computer doesn't works. Then I started researching what parts I needed to build a computer and one day my friend took me with him to the university and I saw him build a pc and it wasn't that hard. Then I started looking for parts and that lead me to Linus's channel, then I started watching his videos and began to understand more and more about hardware and about a month ago I finally build my rig.

Gaming got me into PC's ;D Bought a gaming PC, it got old so my friends dad made me my first custom PC, then I started to upgrade it and just loved how much customization there was! I love pushing my PC to get the most out of it :-)

I've always been interested in computers but a while back I watched Linus's "how to install windows or something" and I discovered his channel ( approx. 1.5 years ago)

i built my first pc when i was 14. One of Linus's videos from 3-4 years ago actually got me started lol.

My friend showed me a computer when I was eight years old and I was stunned by how it worked. And I built my first pc when half way through 2010 when I was 15.

Until early 2011, I knew absolutely nothing about PCs and thought PC gaming consisted of pale chubby kids playing WoW. Then my brother moved out and took the Playstation with him and I didn't have a job or the money to buy myself one. Soon after, I got a laptop for school and figured I'd buy a couple games to keep me occupied until I could buy a console. I quickly fell in love with the controls, and as I learned more about PCs, I decided to stick with it. My friend taught me the basics, and I came across Linus' videos while randomly looking up graphics cards and saw him benchmarking something in 4-way crossfire (instant sub). I have a rig in mind that I would like to build, but unfortunately I still cannot afford it, but one day... one day...

I was Studying my Cisco IT Essentials, and i had saved up some money. Got sick of my PS3's shitty graphics and built my pc. This was about 8 Months ago now i own more PC's than i know what to do with.

I got in to computers by doing a certificate in IT and then i built my first computer in 2011

Games and homework got me into computers. More specifically, playing games and doing homework. I built my first computer in college like 7 years ago, before that I got my cousin's old hand-me-downs.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

My father purchased a Amiga 500 back in the day. I was probably 5 years old. So I grew up with amigas and PC's and inherited my fathers enthusiasm towards computers.

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

I was Studying my Cisco IT Essentials, and i had saved up some money. Got sick of my PS3's shitty graphics and built my pc. This was about 8 Months ago now i own more PC's than i know what to do with.
From your nick I'm guessing your from Serbia. Me too. pozdrav zemljace

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

The way i got into computers was in school. My school is a very small and poor school, so they dident have anyone to help them with the computer's they had in their IT room so i helped them with that. Then it just grew fast. And now im here.

When I was like 5 years old, I can't really remember, but I used to play those little kid games if you know what I mean (With the clicking and stuff ^^)

I had a lot of people around me that were busy with computers, etc... so that's how I got interested in it ^^

I also used to hang around in PC shops of witch I knew the owners and helped out a bit, I didn't really get a lot of money for it because I was just there for fun ^^

Then 5 years ago, I did my first build witch had a Core 2 Duo 7400 and a 9800GT, then the card broke and got a crappy 9400GT. When I got really frustrated, after like 3 or 4 years, I build my current PC.

About 3-4 years ago I was a diehard cod fan, then for some reason, I was watching a video on BF3 in ultra settings recorded and was just amazed by the graphics. That was the spark pretty much :)

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

It startet when i was around 13-14 years old a going to computer café's to play counter strike with my friends and it has just continued from then

i have had some amateur courses in computer building but mostly selftought

and 6 months ago i build my brothers PC a 3770(non k), 6950 2gb, 2x240gb SSD Raid 0 and 16gb ram ;)

Well I'm now 15 my first build was a couple of yaers ago with an i7 920 asus rampage extreme II and a GTX 290 then i got an alienware laptop and now my new build is getting shipt to me. My brother always gamed on his old laptop It was counterstrike source IT looked so good that i wanted to try it and i did. I immediatly loved it, css was awsome so i baged my mom to let me buya pc.

I got into computers about 2 years ago, up until then I had only owned one computer, a Medion Laptop.

Then I was fortunate enough to get a part time job, where I started to learn about how PC's work and I thought it was cool and interesting.

So I saved up some money and build my first Desktop PC around 1.5 years ago, and I am still currently using it.

System Spec

Corsair C70 Black -- Intel i7-4770K @4.2GHz -- Corsair H100i --Gigabtye Z87X D3H -- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz (Blue)-- Sandisk Extreme SSD 240GB -- WD Caviar Black 2TB 7200rpm -- EVGA GTX 780 with ACX Cooler -- Corsair HX750

Around '88 or '89 a friend of mine who knew I was interested in computing (tho I hadn't built one yet) brought a box of computer parts he had found in a dumpster over to my house and sit it on my kitchen table. I had no idea what I was looking at, but I was really intrigued. Anyway, I ended up going to the local library and getting a stack of books on p.c.'s and in about a week I had the majority of those parts assembled into a working 286 computer! I've been building p.c.'s ever since.

The computer isn't the "Thing".....the computer is the "Thing" that gets you to the "Thing".  - excerpt from "Halt and Catch Fire".

If I remember correctly the thing that got me interested in computers was the screensavers. Basically when I was 4 or 5 I was messing around with the screensavers and my mind was blown! Mainly because I couldn't understand it. The thing that got me into building PCs is basically when I was 13 my PC broke and I was looking for replacement parts and decided that I should try to build by own computer and it has basically stuck since.

"No signature"

Back in 2001 my Parents got a divorce and had a computer that nether one of them wanted so I took it home and it stayed in my closet for 3 months. I came home from work one day bored and decided I wanted to play solitaire so I pulled it out and stared at the back of the pc tell my GF at the time got home and told her I didn't have any Idea how to plug it in LOL so she showed me. I started liking it so I asked her uncle if he would teach me how PC's worked. He owns his own Computer company in Kansas city, Kansas. He taught me the basics around windows and how to run DOS about six months later I went back to him and showed him what I had learned my self. He looked at me in surprise and I said what. He told me I just crammed 5 years of knowledge in 6 months. I said really. He told me I should go to school for it. So I went home and bought every book I could get my hands on that was about computers, I studied for one year before I went to collage. In collage my teacher told me I was really advanced and taught me more stuff then the class knew, I went to school every day and hung out with my teacher all day,.I did the hole schools networking with him, Helped him build firewalls for the school and helped him fix any PC's at the school. about a year into school they replaced all the computers at my school and I asked my teacher what they do to the old ones. He said throw them away so I asked him if I could have them all he said yes I had over 230 PC's and 15 servers. I was the fastest person to ever graduate from my school I did 8 years of school in 4 and a half years and the only one to get a 4.0 average all 4 and half years I was there. I got my associates degree in Computer programing, a Masters degree in computer Networking and a Masters Degree in Computer science. I built my first PC in 2002

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

First I had a Playstation 2 and 3, but the HDD of my PS3 wasn't big enough anymore. When I saw what my local computershop asked for just replacing a HDD, I decided to do it myself. Looked up a video, changed the HDD and enjoyed it. I was intrigued by how it worked, I took my old pc and my mother's pc apart that same day to see how it all connects. I tought that wasn't very hard so I searched for youtube vids on how to assemble a pc, when you're searching for computerstuff it does not take long before you end up at Linus Tech Tips :p I have not build a pc myself yet but I'm saving for it.

My dad used to co-own a PC shop, so he taught me a little about computers when I was little. I built my first computer when I was 11. My dad passed away when I was 12 so I was able to takeover the position of computer builder in my house. I'm 17 now and fix/build all my friends computers, It's so annoying but still alot of fun. When I was in Army JROTC I ended being the technician that had to fix all their technical problems, it was really a pain to fix their computers at like a 10kbs download speed. I would always have to download everything at my house and then bring it on a flashdrive.

We have an older HP desktop (2007) and I decided to open it up and clean it out last year which was a good learning experience. Before that I had no idea what was inside the case and the components which made up the computer.

I did a bit of reading and watched a few videos online where I randomly discovered Linus and started watching a few vids.

I learned a lot and have been into hardware ever since........I still am yet to start my first build (I need the funds :-) ), but I know what I want.

I have always been into graphics and displaying my games at max setting (which I have never been able to do) so I can't wait till I have a powerful rig to play some pretty games.

World of warcraft and getting sick of the original xbox